Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Finally that eureka moment!

steve2006

Ever since purchasing my 1994 JDM Celsior a sticker on the top left of the windscreen has left me flummoxed as to what it is.

I finally discovered today that it is in fact a “Shaken” sticker which is basically the Japanese version of the UK MOT but includes 3rd party insurance.

The sticker actually tells the driver when the last test was done, the month which is around the outer section and the year in the centre. This also confused me as the number on my 1994 is 16 and the 2003 model has 29 which makes no sense at all.

The year however is based on how long the reigning Japanese Emperor has been “on the throne”  so the figures translate to 1997 and 2010. 

A103AC4C-1DC8-4C04-A3D6-F81410B24442.jpeg

72BEB29D-B59B-4703-A178-520CA83B96AF.jpeg

1B8ADC94-B941-4324-819D-6C61DFF7BF51.png

• Like 2

Steve, we are all  " bowing "  to your predeliction to Japanese Royalty ....  you do of course understand that if ever you were to do anything wrong in the future you may have to commit  "  seppuku  " :whistling:

Thank heavens most of us are exempt as we only have a Lexus ...  not a Celsior  ......  god help any owner eh !

Celsior uses an amino acid buffer with histidine to prevent cellular acidosis, and the amino acids histidine and glutamic acid serve as the cellular energy metabolism substrate. Antioxidative  :unsure:

Malc

33 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Ever since purchasing my 1994 JDM Celsior a sticker on the top left of the windscreen has left me flummoxed as to what it is.

I finally discovered today that it is in fact a “Shaken” sticker which is basically the Japanese version of the UK MOT but includes 3rd party insurance.

The sticker actually tells the driver when the last test was done, the month which is around the outer section and the year in the centre. This also confused me as the number on my 1994 is 16 and the 2003 model has 29 which makes no sense at all.

The year however is based on how long the reigning Japanese Emperor has been “on the throne”  so the figures translate to 1997 and 2010. 

A103AC4C-1DC8-4C04-A3D6-F81410B24442.jpeg

72BEB29D-B59B-4703-A178-520CA83B96AF.jpeg

1B8ADC94-B941-4324-819D-6C61DFF7BF51.png

A good story is that.

It reminded me of 132 Rue de L’Deglise !

2 hours ago, Malc said:

Steve, we are all  " bowing "  to your predeliction to Japanese Royalty ....  you do of course understand that if ever you were to do anything wrong in the future you may have to commit  "  seppuku  " :whistling:

Thank heavens most of us are exempt as we only have a Lexus ...  not a Celsior  ......  god help any owner eh !

Celsior uses an amino acid buffer with histidine to prevent cellular acidosis, and the amino acids histidine and glutamic acid serve as the cellular energy metabolism substrate. Antioxidative  :unsure:

Malc

My thoughts exactly, only I wouldn't have been so eloquent!

12 hours ago, The-Acre said:

after a three course bloater!!!🤢

aren't these the old fashioned smoked WHOLE herring, innards and all, hung, grilled and then ( gulp ) eaten :whistling:

not for the faint-hearted and strong stomached amongst you 

Malc

To digress on the Bloater theme my Grandfather was the last to own the largest Smokehouse in Great Yarmouth which produced the "Bloater" until 1956 when all the Herring had been fished out. He sold to M&S and exported the "Silver Darlings"  to Greece and Italy. The premises are now the "Time and Tide" Museum.  Don't recall as a Child eating a Bloater only Kippers.

In Geat Yarmouth Regent Street there was a Shop which had a giant "Bloater"  above its doorway. Used to fascinate me as a child.  Daresay its in a Museum somewhere.

https://yarmouthmuseums.wordpress.com/

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links