Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus free first service ?

24 minutes ago, chitradurga said:

Dear colleagues,

Does lexus do their first service free?. I have been charged £300. Kindly advice

Not that I am aware of. Would recommend taking out a service plan. 

I dont think so unless they have just started a promotion. I have just had my first service in September this is what Lexus call a intermediate service cost 255 quid plus vat. i opted to pay as you go. I was offered a service plan and it didnt work out any better  to me. I was offered a 10% discount but it still wasnt cheaper. The salesman doesnt work there now i often wonder where he got his figures from. Anyway you havent been overcharged sounds like thegoing rate. 

Sorry but it seems an odd question.  You’re asking if it should be free rather than it should be cheaper.  Manufacturers don’t usually do any service free unless you are talking about the pre delivery inspection.  

11 hours ago, ALAW said:

I dont think so unless they have just started a promotion. I have just had my first service in September this is what Lexus call a intermediate service cost 255 quid plus vat. i opted to pay as you go. I was offered a service plan and it didnt work out any better  to me. I was offered a 10% discount but it still wasnt cheaper. The salesman doesnt work there now i often wonder where he got his figures from. Anyway you havent been overcharged sounds like thegoing rate. 

Service plans are not designed to be cheaper; their benefit lies in the fact that you can lock in today's price and pay for it monthly, interest free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Service plans are not designed to be cheaper; their benefit lies in the fact that you can lock in today's price and pay for it monthly, interest free.

I was offered a 10% discount if I took it out when I bought the car, but because the dealership was a long way from me I declined.

My local dealership matched the price I was offered at the selling dealership which I was happy with.

When I purchased my CT I was given the first service free. I went to pick up the car and as the mileage was 8300 they asked if I would wait a few hours and let them service the car before I left, which they did and it is recorded on the Lexus system (Service and Hybrid check). Could have been included in the purchase price but I negotiated down from the asking price and it was the best price I found on the internet. 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links