Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote start & warmup for winter.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:26 PM, Summerbj said:

Not sure if it cools/heats the cabin itself as I did not wait long enough to find out, but as the ICE is intermittently running, I guess it will.

Did the ICE run in your test? That is the part that has stopped this type of thing being an option before as it is an offence to leave an engine running on public roads unattended and Lexus always took that decision out of the hands of the owner.

The ICE definitely ran, partly on the batteries alone but for the majority of the time on ICE, I put this down to a completely cold engine, which would probably be the norm. Throughout this all the doors stayed locked and cuts out when vehicle unlocked.

• Like 1

First heavy frost since picking up my 450h+ this morning. Rolled out of bed, chipped the ice off the inside of the windows, bowl of readybrek, kicked the kids out for their walk to school (okay, so that was 30 years ago) and set the climate control on my app to 21 degrees. 15 minutes later and I'm roasting my bum in my cosy Lexus on my way to work. Nobody could argue with that. Could they?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Advice please . When I switch my climate control on to Auto (high) in my Lexus NX 2022 I get the heated seats and heated steering wheel on as well highest setting for both. I just won't heating on.  I can switch on the seats and heated wheel myself I am a big boy now 😂😂 and yes I know all about ice inside  my bedroom window.2 coal fires down stairs that was it, O we did have a stone hot water bottle and god help you if that dropped on you feet . The photo is for our younger members 😁😁 thank you all Phil 

B9F66E5C-BD48-4247-84BA-F9D615BAA480.thumb.jpeg.8064d089e1d30c11d70503954a4b7a2c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

Advice please . When I switch my climate control on to Auto (high) in my Lexus NX 2022 I get the heated seats and heated steering wheel on as well highest setting for both. I just won't heating on.  I can switch on the seats and heated wheel myself I am a big boy now 😂😂 and yes I know all about ice inside  my bedroom window.2 coal fires down stairs that was it, O we did have a stone hot water bottle and god help you if that dropped on you feet . The photo is for our younger members 😁😁 thank you all Phil 

B9F66E5C-BD48-4247-84BA-F9D615BAA480.thumb.jpeg.8064d089e1d30c11d70503954a4b7a2c.jpeg

Phil

In the car settings, there is something called climate concierge - I think this controls how much 'service' you get. By turning it off you only get the air con not the seats and wheel heat?

On the stone water bottle, I guess the stopper or the top could give you a nasty shock if you turned over in bed without being careful 😂

• Thanks 1

My original answer was a bit non-committal about where to find the appropriate toggle button, so, if you've not found it yet........Press the climate button on the screen. On mine it gives two options, the top one is a toggle for climate concierge which should control this.

Thank you Alan I will look later or tomorrow I will get back to you and let you know thank you again for your time .  my partner has a new puppy a  new dog in a long line (50yrs) of fabulous dogs Border Collies Poodles and now being less active a Lowchen the little lion dog. Sorry for going off topic 

5793D7C2-098F-414E-BC31-9FBF96CC0947.thumb.jpeg.9dbadcbff7690144dfb6299cb0562973.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:04 AM, VFR said:

Ford have had heated windscreens for decades so why these are not now fitted to most cars I do not know (or maybe they are ?)

Unfortunately Ford decided to patent the heated windscreen, that's why you don't see them on other cars.

5 minutes ago, Littorio said:

Unfortunately Ford decided to patent the heated windscreen, that's why you don't see them on other cars.

I believe Ford's patent expired back in 2011

I had a heated screen on my Alhambra back in the late 90's, fantastic and would love to have it on the Lexus.

Many marques have used the technology on their cars, under licence from Ford. Now anyone can offer it but very few do and then often only as a special option (e.g Mercedes Special Protection variants)

• Like 1

Yesterday I tried to remotely switch on the heated seats on my 450h+ but came up as an error because the Battery didn't have enough power, is this a malfunction or normal if the traction Battery is empty? I have used the function before without problems but don't remember if the traction Battery was full or not.

4 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Regarding the two examples above, where the cars plugged in or not when the preheat function was invoked?

Not plugged in, it actually says Battery voltage  too low. ‽‽?

52 minutes ago, VFR said:

Yes it could well heat the car, keep going down the page until you see the reviews section & pictures from users.

Not sure what makes this impossible to use.  Heat the car, take it out when car is warm, drive off with a warm car.

Heating of front seats is fine for front seat passengers, but not worth much for children sitting in rear seats or in:

image.thumb.png.77b230a78e1be6cefd9fb76b57ededb4.png  image.thumb.png.8f0045bff7ffc0cf236d418628217708.png

Customer image

3.0 out of 5 stars Don’t drop it while it’s on ! 
Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2019
Item works great ! But don’t drop it while it’s on , it goes up in flames . Thank god I was outside and was able to get a fire extinguisher .
Images in this review

Last few days have been interesting! Charging flap wouldn't open due to ice build up. Charging flap wouldn't close due to snow build up overnight as car was charging and then compressing into ice in the well where the hinge would normally tuck into, preventing the door from closing. Now have a tooth brush as part of my anti-icing kit to sweep out the snow and ice.

In cold conditions, I applauded the pre-heating of the cabin but not so enthusiastic now its got colder. The preheating will only stay on for a maximum of 20 minutes and that hasn't been enough to clear the windows of snow and ice, even the wipers have been left firmly welded to the screen. I have no problem clearing the snow and ice the old-fashioned way but I had expected more. Okay, so these conditions won't last that long and I would rather the car looked after its health long-term than burning something because of my impatience out but if I lived in Canada, Norway, etc where frequent spells of very cold snow and ice was the norm, I'd be feeling very let down by the design flaws right now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links