Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

Dealer contacted me today and shared video of the car which arrived yesterday.

looks great and should be driving it early next week after a 17 1/2 month wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTS said:

Dealer contacted me today and shared video of the car which arrived yesterday.

looks great and should be driving it early next week after a 17 1/2 month wait.

Great news 😀😀

17 1/2 month wait 🙈

Yes, delivery dates do seem to be all over the place, still. Judging from this thread, we’re seeing some NX’s come through relatively ‘quickly’ (i.e -8-12 months) and those like myself and a few others here at the opposite end of the scale looking at 16-18 months for fundamentally the same car. It's that which bothers me - especially as it feels to be the case of the longer you wait, the less information/thought/updates you're given. It's something I’ll openly admit to being something which I’m struggling to justify in my own head - obviously not in every case, but how some customers are being treated notably differently.

So, we're now getting towards the end of July and I can pretty much copy and paste my post from exactly a month ago. 

Just to recap - at the end of May, I was told that my NX had a build date of 'June' and expected to be at the dealer on or around 4th September. That was the last piece of progressive news I heard on my order. Since then, it's reverted back to type...

So...

Has it been delayed again? I don't know (Will my fifth estimated date still stand?).
Is it being built as we speak? I don't know.
Has it completed build? I don't know.
Has it left the factory? I don't know.
Has it been put onto a ship? I don't know. 

I'm now at the point I have to advise Lexus Finance what to do with regards to my current contract on my UX which ends in early September. Do I basically not extend it and risk having no car indefinitely (having to borrow my father's - fortunately who is retired) as neither the dealer or the Lexus the company will keep me updated as they happily do with other customers (for whatever reason, I’ve very much been one of the few exceptions to the rule throughout this whole fiasco) or extend it for one month to cover me for September in the 'hope' my new NX might just...'materialise'...at the dealer one day. 

So, onwards into the 15th month of this tedious saga I go... 😕

On 7/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, Waquar said:

No update even after completing 11 months of my order in Stockholm, Sweden. 
called to dealer only to know that build date not yet assigned and tentative date in November end, of course it may change.

It really isn’t good, is it? If it comes as any scant consolation to you, I had to wait a full twelve months (I think it was twelve months and three days to be exact) before I was told I finally had a build month. That was the very first piece of news I had on my order. A full year on.

I can't remember the exact wording, but I was told by the dealer that they had a 'notice of intent to build' or 'signal of intent to build' to get my order built. I felt like replying “Oh...thanks. Thank them for considering me worthy enough to begin considering building a car I ordered twelve months ago”. 🙄 It felt as if I’d better be grateful that they were finally dusting off my order form, along with the few others left continually at the bottom of the pile, whilst others had their NX’s built, shipped and delivered in that timeframe.

3 hours ago, Podie said:

Picked up my 450+h Takumi yesterday from Lexus Scotland. Still discovering things on it!

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7549.JPG

Looks great 😀

46 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

What colour blue is it. 

I was wondering that too.

I remember azure blue but this looks different.

Picked up our new NX350h Premium Plus with Pano Roof this afternoon. Sonic White with Dark Rose inside.

Ordered May 2022 so about 15 months wait. One key (well one and a half) only and no locking wheel nuts/bolts.

Everything else is just excellent.

• Like 4

On 7/28/2023 at 8:36 AM, Podie said:

Picked up my 450+h Takumi yesterday from Lexus Scotland. Still discovering things on it!

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7549.JPG

Very nice. Congratulations!

I must admit that I much prefer the Takumi 20" alloys to the 5 spoke gun metal 20" ones that my Premium Plus NX has - mainly because, although I like the design, there is no colour contrast with my Sonic Grey paintwork. Anyone fancy a swap? 😉

5 hours ago, Andy B said:

I must admit that I much prefer the Takumi 20" alloys to the 5 spoke gun metal 20" ones that my Premium Plus NX has - mainly because, although I like the design, there is no colour contrast with my Sonic Grey paintwork. Anyone fancy a swap? 😉

Totally agree - I have the same combination - just wish Lexus had given us some options on wheels - I would have paid for an upgrade

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy B said:

Yes. I appreciate your preference. The Premium Plus alloys are great however with the Graphite Black bodywork.

• Like 1

My NX 450h in on the ship right now and is expected to arrive att my dealer late september for delivery in october. It was ordered in Sweden in march 22, so almost 19 months of wait. Not very pleased with that to be honest. To receive a new car in october in Sweden is not very nice either. The roads are full of salt, sand, mud and dirt. The car is "always" dirty . I was told april from the beginning.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Aleksander said:

My NX 450h in on the ship right now and is expected to arrive att my dealer late september for delivery in october. It was ordered in Sweden in march 22, so almost 19 months of wait. Not very pleased with that to be honest. To receive a new car in october in Sweden is not very nice either. The roads are full of salt, sand, mud and dirt. The car is "always" dirty . I was told april from the beginning.    

Like you, I wanted my new car for March/April when the weather is good.

At least your wait is nearly over 😀😀

• Like 1

Ordered 27/9/22, my NX450h+ Takumi has arrived at dealer in Carlisle. 😀

Just talked to dealer. It has not actually arrived yet but they are expecting it in next few days. The email signed as from the dealer was probably sent out by Lexus U.K. and is false news 🤣 However I have arranged to collect the car a week today. 

• Like 3

Checked in with my dealer today and got the following email  

All looking good on the system, still on track for the end of September. The delivery has been pushed by a week or so but we always take delivery dates with a pinch of salt with this amount of time to go. But, the car is built and in transit to the boat to come over to the UK which is a great sign. 

But when I check the app or website it is still showing Processing Order 

A newbie to the forum, but a long time Lexus owner, previously a CT 200h SE-L Premier, now a UX 250h F-Sport Takumi and an NX 350h F-Sport Takumi on order.

The NX was ordered in April 2022, my life has been on hold since! Exciting times though, the dealer has said that it is built and currently at sea, due to me in mid-September. Looking around the forum there seem to be quite a few cars due around the same time.

I may have gone crazy with the wait, but for a bit of fun I started researching where the car could be, so with a bit of sleuth work, and please take all this with a pinch of salt, the car should be on one of two ships that are currently in the Mediterranean.

If you want to join in, this is what I found out:

Lexus/Toyota export out of Nagoya, Japan, so looking up car carrier ships with a departure port of Nagoya on myshiptracking.com resulted in two ships currently at sea, the Durban Highway and the Miraculous Ace. The Durban Highway left Nagoya on the 6th July and the Miraculous Ace left on the 11th July, around the time my dealer said the car had left the factory and was on its way.

Toyota has processing facilities in Livorno, Italy and Sagunto in Spain, the Durban Highway, at the time of writing, is in Livorno and the Miraculous Ace is due into Sagunto on the 6th of August.

The ships can be followed using a free account on marinetraffic.com

Miraculous Ace - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:385207

Durban Highway - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/aid/home/shipid:461691

In the UK Toyota/Lexus import into Portbury in Bristol, looking at the arrivals list at Portbury (https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward movements) the Miraculous Ace is due to dock on the 11th of August and the Durban Highway on the 12th August.

This is all theory, but hopefully my car should get disembarked, processed at the port and on the way to the dealer the third or fourth week of August, so looking forward to picking it up soon!

• Like 2

I have just spoken to someone quite high-up at Lexus

He has told me that things have improved quite a lot concerning delivery time, he said that if i was to order a NX350h or NX450h+ now it would arrive by December 23, my local dealership ( Sidcup has a 350h and 450h+ available to buy now )

Apparently Lexus have ramped up production of the NX and have spent the last few months stocking up and sorting parts. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links