Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

9 minutes ago, wendle said:

I have just spoken to someone quite high-up at Lexus

He has told me that things have improved quite a lot concerning delivery time, he said that if i was to order a NX350h or NX450h+ now it would arrive by December 23, my local dealership ( Sidcup has a 350h and 450h+ available to buy now )

Apparently Lexus have ramped up production of the NX and have spent the last few months stocking up and sorting parts. 

I hope this means we will see ours soon then! We ordered September 22 and have been told that our car is in build. That was in beginning of July and we’ve heard nothing since ( and they only told us this after we emailed them for an update).
To be honest, I’m pretty fed up and disappointed with how Lexus has treated us during our ‘wait’. If I don’t keep asking for an update, they have completely ignored us! And the app is totally useless too, it’s never updated!

I see others that ordered around same time as us are now getting emails from their dealerships telling them their cars will be ready soon. Why are theirs nearly ready and why do there salespeople keep them updated? We’ve not had one email from our salesman/dealership unless it was a reply to our emails. Very annoying.
Does make me feel like we are less important to them than other customers 😞 

We will just have to keep waiting I guess.

• Sad 2

Just picked up our NX350h F-Sport on Wednesday, had it 2 days now and it is an absolute dream to drive.

Well worth the 17 1/2 months wait.

This is our 3rd NX, step change from previous model.

Everyone enjoy when your cars arrive

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Huwman said:

A newbie to the forum, but a long time Lexus owner, previously a CT 200h SE-L Premier, now a UX 250h F-Sport Takumi and an NX 350h F-Sport Takumi on order.

The NX was ordered in April 2022, my life has been on hold since! Exciting times though, the dealer has said that it is built and currently at sea, due to me in mid-September. Looking around the forum there seem to be quite a few cars due around the same time.

I may have gone crazy with the wait, but for a bit of fun I started researching where the car could be, so with a bit of sleuth work, and please take all this with a pinch of salt, the car should be on one of two ships that are currently in the Mediterranean.

If you want to join in, this is what I found out:

Lexus/Toyota export out of Nagoya, Japan, so looking up car carrier ships with a departure port of Nagoya on myshiptracking.com resulted in two ships currently at sea, the Durban Highway and the Miraculous Ace. The Durban Highway left Nagoya on the 6th July and the Miraculous Ace left on the 11th July, around the time my dealer said the car had left the factory and was on its way.

Toyota has processing facilities in Livorno, Italy and Sagunto in Spain, the Durban Highway, at the time of writing, is in Livorno and the Miraculous Ace is due into Sagunto on the 6th of August.

The ships can be followed using a free account on marinetraffic.com

Miraculous Ace - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:385207

Durban Highway - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/aid/home/shipid:461691

In the UK Toyota/Lexus import into Portbury in Bristol, looking at the arrivals list at Portbury (https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward movements) the Miraculous Ace is due to dock on the 11th of August and the Durban Highway on the 12th August.

This is all theory, but hopefully my car should get disembarked, processed at the port and on the way to the dealer the third or fourth week of August, so looking forward to picking it up soon!

Huwman

The Durban Highway was due into Bristol on Sunday 6th August. It then went back to Sat 12th August and is currently shown as arriving Wed 9th August at 20:00 hrs

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

3 hours ago, Deb said:

I hope this means we will see ours soon then! We ordered September 22 and have been told that our car is in build. That was in beginning of July and we’ve heard nothing since ( and they only told us this after we emailed them for an update).
To be honest, I’m pretty fed up and disappointed with how Lexus has treated us during our ‘wait’. If I don’t keep asking for an update, they have completely ignored us! And the app is totally useless too, it’s never updated!

I see others that ordered around same time as us are now getting emails from their dealerships telling them their cars will be ready soon. Why are theirs nearly ready and why do there salespeople keep them updated? We’ve not had one email from our salesman/dealership unless it was a reply to our emails. Very annoying.

I agree that it's disappointing that the dealer hasn't kept you updated. I ordered my 450h in September 21 and it arrived at the dealer in February 22. They held on to it until registering it in March. I was kept fully informed of progress by both the dealer and through the app over the 5 months although I wasn't in any particular hurry to take delivery. Current wait times are improving though and all I can add is that whilst annoying I am sure you will find that its will be worth the wait!

• Thanks 1

A little bit of positive news for today, folks. I've been informed that my car has now ‘completed build’ and been put on ‘a ship’. I’ve no idea which one. As usual, being what I consider to be a 'non-priority' customer, no information was given. I can only assume either my car was pushed to the back of the queue again and wasn’t built in June as advised (and of course, wasn’t informed) or it’s sat in Japan for over a month. Either way, it’s just another point to add to many to raise on the day.

The initial estimated date at the dealer of 4th September has been brought slightly forward to 31st August. Obviously, that could vary by a few days which I completely understand (having dealt with logistics myself - both past and present) but the dealer is confident that there will be no issues for me with regards to collecting in September, for the ‘73’ plate, sounding quite relieved themselves - probably given my ridiculous extended wait. It’s just a pity that after my experience, I can't help but lack confidence in what they say. 

Again, the finance details and trade-in value has still yet to be sorted out - which I honestly thought I’d be getting called in for by now. It seems this will be done a little too ‘last minute’ for my own liking. I don’t think it’s ever run this close to collection on any vehicle I’ve bought new in the past. I’m reasonably sure they’ve all been done a few months in advance. I was hoping the dealer would give me the trade-in value and then I’d see if I could better it by a worthwhile amount elsewhere. As time is becoming short, I’m going to have to do this the other way around.

4 hours ago, Deb said:

Indeed Deb. As I'm sure you know, we're in the same boat. My order dates back to May 2022 - so I'm now into month 15. It's literally only in the last month/six weeks or so, I've finally been starting to get basic details back over my order. Until that point, like yourself, it seems the company has gone to quite some length to avoid contact. It took three complaints to Customer Relations before a 'build month' was acknowledged...and at that time I was a full year into waiting. Zero information was supplied until that one year anniversary. I don't feel I've been exactly 'impatient' or unfair. In the same amount of time, plenty of other NX orders had already been built, shipped and delivered. It really, really doesn't leave me with a good impression with the company as a whole and as a customer, yes, you feel completely unimportant. It's quite clear, in my humble opinion anyway, they've been rather picky over what cars they build. They don't seem to understand customers who are waiting notably longer are more than just 'a little frustrated'. Answers and solutions are needed. Especially if they would like future business. They really have messed up big time with NX orders.

I know we're told production is ramping up, lead times are improving e.t.c... but it's funny how it seems to be the same long-standing orders/customers who seem to be waiting extraordinary lengths of time, are facing the same issues and the same lack of communication/updates. Our own 'waiting stories' haven't been a pleasant experience and far cry from what Lexus is supposed to represent in terms of customer service. If supply/lead times really are improving, then why have the likes of our orders seemingly been excluded from that? Again, these are points I will be constructively raising. Do they plan on making amends with those who have been left behind and let down, or will they merely 'shrug their shoulders'? 

As for the app? Well, I know that my NX is now believed to be at sea. According to my own app, the new car or indeed the order doesn't even exist. It never has from day one. It shows the UX I own now...and that's all it's ever shown. 

We'll get there in the end (by that I mean getting the car...). We've hung out for this long...! What I've said before and what I'll say again now is that I fear the damage has already been done between the customer and the company. I don't want it to be that way, but I have to be completely honest. Only time will tell, but at the moment... <slowly shakes my head>.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wendle said:

I have just spoken to someone quite high-up at Lexus

He has told me that things have improved quite a lot concerning delivery time, he said that if i was to order a NX350h or NX450h+ now it would arrive by December 23, my local dealership ( Sidcup has a 350h and 450h+ available to buy now )

Apparently Lexus have ramped up production of the NX and have spent the last few months stocking up and sorting parts. 

I hope you are correct however....

There are people on here (myself included) who have waited 12 to 18 months for delivery so it does seem quite strange that delivery has now been reduced to 4 months.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/6/2023 at 10:29 PM, imgo said:

Sneaky view of Interior just off the car transporter.

Now just waiting for PDI and F&R dash cams to be fitted.

Screenshot_20230705_105325_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can I ask about the f and r dashcams? Would Lexus provide them and do you know what brand they are? Or would you need to provide them and they would just install them? Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC__ said:

Can I ask about the f and r dashcams? Would Lexus provide them and do you know what brand they are? Or would you need to provide them and they would just install them? Thanks

Lexus Dash Cams are the NextBase brand,   380GW for the front only,  and 380GWX for the Front and rear.  Lexus dealerships can supply and fit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hillie said:

Lexus Dash Cams are the NextBase brand,   380GW for the front only,  and 380GWX for the Front and rear.  Lexus dealerships can supply and fit.

Yes, I had the F & R 380gwx fitted, very neat units and installation. I paid £375 all in, Lexus dealer supplied and fitted before I collected the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DC__ said:

I bought the Nextbase 620GW for the same price as Lexus charge for supplying and fitting the 380 version and then fitted it myself. I video'd the installation and will post that on YouTube once I have edited the footage. It was easier than I expected.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:57 AM, Harrier Man said:

I bought the Nextbase 620GW for the same price as Lexus charge for supplying and fitting the 380 version and then fitted it myself. I video'd the installation and will post that on YouTube once I have edited the footage. It was easier than I expected.

Is the Lexus dashcam app compatible? And is physical size not an issue? The 620 seems larger than those that used to be fitted by Toyota.

IMG_6367.jpeg

On 8/5/2023 at 8:08 AM, imgo said:

Yes, I had the F & R 380gwx fitted, very neat units and installation. I paid £375 all in, Lexus dealer supplied and fitted before I collected the car.

I see Nextbase will come to your home and fit cameras. Front and rear for £120. So current all up price for the 620 front and rear elite package is just £460 inc fitting. Is there any advantage in having Lexus garage do it, indeed do they just get Nextbase to do it at the garage and charge extra?

2 hours ago, BillSt said:

I see Nextbase will come to your home and fit cameras. Front and rear for £120. So current all up price for the 620 front and rear elite package is just £460 inc fitting. Is there any advantage in having Lexus garage do it, indeed do they just get Nextbase to do it at the garage and charge extra?

The only worry is, what happens is something goes wrong. Lexus warrantee will not cover any issues with a third party company hard wiring a device in. Given that the NX is a complicated beast, I’d prefer to get Lexus to install it, knowing any issues will be covered. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2023 at 10:14 PM, Scotlex said:

I hope you are correct however....

There are people on here (myself included) who have waited 12 to 18 months for delivery so it does seem quite strange that delivery has now been reduced to 4 months.

I placed my order in early June and was told 6 months for delivery.  I took that with a pinch of salt and in no rush to change.  Will be I interesting when so orders placed this year start to b delivered.  The Lexus website is quoting 4 weeks for RX orders.  I may have imagined it but I thought the NX part of the website said that all the delivery slots for 2023 had been taken.  This is no longer there.

On 8/5/2023 at 8:08 AM, imgo said:

I just have asked my dealer and they have told me it would cost £430 for the nextbase 380gwx. Different prices per dealership i suppose.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DC__ said:

I just have asked my dealer and they have told me it would cost £430 for the nextbase 380gwx. Different prices per dealership i suppose.

I ordered mine, price fixed, last year in September,  so may have price increase since.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC__ said:

I have just been quoted £499 from Lexus Carlisle 🥵 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, imgo said:

I ordered mine, price fixed, last year in September,  so may have price increase since.

A.. That makes more sense then. I have ordered mine last September as well but ETA would be the 18th of this month. If I only knew that they also install dashcams back then, I would have done the same thing. 😊 I also asked them to register the car in September instead for the new plates.

6 hours ago, BillSt said:

I have just been quoted £499 from Lexus Carlisle 🥵 

Wow mine is from Lexus Ipswich. And I thought I was getting ripped off 😄

4 hours ago, DC__ said:

Wow mine is from Lexus Ipswich. And I thought I was getting ripped off 😄

With the key ripoff, I have learned that I cannot trust Lexus nor Lexus dealers. Very tempted to just walk away and go back to German cars.

On 8/6/2023 at 9:21 PM, Richolf said:

I placed my order in early June and was told 6 months for delivery.  I took that with a pinch of salt and in no rush to change.  Will be I interesting when so orders placed this year start to b delivered.  The Lexus website is quoting 4 weeks for RX orders.  I may have imagined it but I thought the NX part of the website said that all the delivery slots for 2023 had been taken.  This is no longer there.

I’ll be interested to see how quickly it does come if they've stated six months to you. Please keep us informed.

I remember when I placed my order I was told I would be looking at twelve months "worst case scenario" with it likely to be a little sooner. I'm now at 15 months and it's currently at sea - not even in the UK yet...that I’m aware of, anyway. I have no information what ship it's on, so I can't even track it.

The last time I looked at the Lexus website with regards to NX orders (maybe two-ish months ago? I can’t remember exactly), the message was something along the lines of deliveries placed at that point, don’t expect delivery until Q1/Q2 of 2024. Obviously if that’s no longer there, that would indicate an improvement. We’ll just have to wait and see. Obviously, it’s not really much of a consolation for those like myself who are still waiting for their May 2022 order to be fulfilled.

17 hours ago, BillSt said:

With the key ripoff, I have learned that I cannot trust Lexus nor Lexus dealers. Very tempted to just walk away and go back to German cars.

The next month/six weeks or so will be vital to me with regards to me dealing with Lexus going forward once I receive my NX. All I’ll say at the moment is that it'll take something along the lines of pulling the proverbial rabbit out of the hat if the company would like future business from me after the last 15 months.

I came across from 'the Germans' in 2020 after being with them since 2008, thinking I'd see exceptional customer service that has Lexus been famed for over the decades. I did get a taste of that back in 2020 to be fair. They were very good for sure - but I wouldn't say exceptional. Since then, it seems to have gone downhill. Quickly. I'm more than willing to accept it might be just a case that my local dealer isn’t a great one (my outgoing UX wasn’t bought from there...) and that in hindsight I should have gone back to that dealer to order instead. All I can say is that this long-term experience/outstanding order with my local dealer really has put me off the company. 

Again, whatever happens in the remaining time until I collect my new NX, and probably for a week or two afterwards until I get a proper feel for it, will give me my final verdict on whether I deal with the company again or not.

• Like 1

I had an email from my dealer yesterday, according to their systems they are currently expecting my car in early October so that’s 4 months from placing the order.  So it does seem Lexus are now back up to speed on orders, but I do hope they are not building new orders at the expense of old.  I would have been quite happy to wait and financially would have been better the longer I had left it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Richolf said:

I had an email from my dealer yesterday, according to their systems they are currently expecting my car in early October so that’s 4 months from placing the order.  So it does seem Lexus are now back up to speed on orders, but I do hope they are not building new orders at the expense of old.  I would have been quite happy to wait and financially would have been better the longer I had left it

Very interesting, my NX350h also expected early October, but order placed in February 2022, car produced 3 weeks ago.

Ordered my NX350H Premium pack Lexus Link Pro in April, was told delivery would be December. Now been told that my car has been built and waiting to go on the ship and should receive it by the end of September. Order still showing on app and website as “processing order”. 

13 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

Ordered my NX350H Premium pack Lexus Link Pro in April, was told delivery would be December. Now been told that my car has been built and waiting to go on the ship and should receive it by the end of September. Order still showing on app and website as “processing order”. 

That would be crazy if you receive your car before others that have been waiting 12 months plus!

We ordered September 22 and have been told the car is built and on its way. Delivery will be end of September.

Not sure why or how your vehicle seems to have skipped the queue! Not your fault of course, but Lexus are really annoying me at this point 😠 They have majorly messed up the NX orders and deliveries since it launched 👎

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links