Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC F - Fuel Vent tube recall.

4 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Did you not get a recall letter from Lexus ?

I received two separate letters for each of our cars.

Yea, got letter stating they would be in touch.

Got mine done today. All good, no petrol smell whatsoever.

Got a UX 300e as a courtesy car. My first time driving a fully electric car. Didn't particularly like it. Strange wobbly ride going over bumps that kind of rocks your body side to side a bit. And the seats rather than holding you in, seem to feel almost convex in the upper back area so you keep sliding side to side. Quite bad visibility and the high bonnet seems absurd when you see how little space the electric motor takes up. Quite fun to stamp on the throttle though and it gains speed well, at least up to 50mph or so. There's just no drama - no noise except for a slight airliner-like whine, no gearshifts etc, my partner loved the quietness of it though.

• Like 1

Been into Newcastle today for my recall work, no problems whatsoever, took a around 3hrs including lunch and got a UX250 F-sport as a courtesy car.  Interior was nice (seats heated up quick!), quite like the hybrid concept and visual displays on the dash.  Can see my wife with a hybrid over the next few years.  Couldn't use a UX as a daily driver however, far too dull for my tastes.

Not that taken with the styling either though it was a lovely shade of blue!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Initial P said:

Not had the heated seats on for quite some weeks now must be still cold up there 🤪

Ventilated all the way since April now.

Wasn’t bad today, not quite T-shirt weather but not far off!  I wanted to compare the heated seats to the RCF and they are much better, must be that quality, thick leather!

Ive too been using the ventilated seats, I’ve read online there is a fan upgrade can be done!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my 300h had it's recall done last week together with service and MOT, all done in 3 hours and Lexus Hatfield even put £25 worth of petrol in the tank.

Nearly 6 months of chasing them and nothing. No parts available.

Is there anything customer can do against Lexus in this case? A safety recall that cannot be done because of mighty manufacturer? 

• 2 months later...

After hearing nothing since March and starting to wonder if I would ever get a call back...

I was driving past Hatfield last Tuesday so called in & they said they had just had a delivery of the 65 of the parts (what a coincidence !) so its all booked in for 14th Aug.

They made me a nice coffee & said I could get a re-bodied Toyota Camry (ES300) as a courtesy car either way it will be some sort of hybrid which I've never driven before or a front wheeler for over 13 years now.

• 4 weeks later...

Recall been cancelled YET AGAIN, was meant to be going in on monday 4th sept but got a phone call yesterday afternoon saying they are needing to cancel my appt as only have 2 technicians in place for next 3weeks…. This is Lexus Aberdeen which is NOT a lexus garage but a Honda garage who have taken over from Toyota Aberdeen doing the lexus servicing etc..nearest proper Lexus dealers/servicing centres are Edinburgh and Glasgow which are a good 3 1/2hrs away…. 3rd time now it’s been cancelled at last minute….think i need a word with lexus uk about this lot ffs 

IMG_0277.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Just had my recall done… at a Honda dealership in aberdeen who have taken over the lexus servicing etc up the north of Scotland….. only took them a hour to do it 👍🏻 declined any sort of valet and visual health check…. But didnt get any free fuel of them like others have got…. Bugger lol 😂 but happy with the time they took to do it, saved me hours n hours of sitting in customer seating area

Yeh that's good. Sidcup insisted on keeping the car all day for "a big job" but I was one of the first to have it done there so they are probably much faster at doing it now. I didn't get fuel either - just an inaccurate health check claiming my brand new brakes (50 miles old) had a lip on them lol [sigh]

11 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Yeh that's good. Sidcup insisted on keeping the car all day for "a big job" but I was one of the first to have it done there so they are probably much faster at doing it now. I didn't get fuel either - just an inaccurate health check claiming my brand new brakes (50 miles old) had a lip on them lol [sigh]

😂 yeah i declined all the extra stuff like that, as i know garages like to make stuff up for possibly touting for business….. yeah they did say they’ve done a few so are pretty good at getting them done sharpish… ****** i didnt get my fuel as it cost me a half tank to go and get this done and return  home, but at least it was a very nice spiritive drive there and back…probably why i went thru 1/2 tank 😂 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BillNick said:

Billy, i emailed Lexus yesterday about the fuel, and recieved a reply this morning via email and had a miss call off Lexus HQ but phoned them back

and have been well compensated for the lack of fuel being given….it is part of the policy that the recall vehicles get 20ltrs of fuel…. Maybe worth a call to your lexus garage that did yours

Definitely put your case to customer relations, I had 2 cars in for the recall work, one at Maidstone when it was there and the other at Sidcup, neither dealerships offered the fuel recompense and I only received free courtesy car at Maidstone, Sidcup charged me !!!

I sent email 3.30pm today and had a response by the time I got home from work. And as stated by mr2lad I too have been favourably recompensed for my time and fuel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, Dylan1312 said:

Anyone else still waiting? Over a year now and I'm still getting told they're waiting parts in Belfast.

Chase it up with Lexus Customer services maybe 🤔 

On 2/12/2024 at 5:45 PM, Dylan1312 said:

Anyone else still waiting? Over a year now and I'm still getting told they're waiting parts in Belfast.

I am with Lexus Twickenham, London. Exactly same story over a year or so waiting for the part so you are not alone 🙂

5 minutes ago, Initial P said:

Be prepared to be contacted about lots of used car events once its done 🙃

The day after I booked mine in, I got a call from sales rep trying to upsell me one of the used Track Edition's which is still on AT.

Yeh ok, Ill just go and get the spare +£50k I have down the sofa and be right there 😄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links