Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's Cancelled.

After 14 months of waiting we've had to cancel our ordered 350h NX today, due to ongoing health issues.

We're strangely sad about the whole thing ,even though we never even got a sniff the new car. The Dealers have been very gracious about it and I hoped another customer would benefit.  Apparently not . Lexus put any cancellations back into the European pot so anyone in europe is one up on the waiting list.

Happy waiting to you all.🥲

Hi Ian, sorry to read about the health issues.

Considering the UK is the only RHD market within Europe (I think) I can’t see it being snapped up by a desperate French or Italian buyer.

I'll blaspheme for a moment........

The 350h NX is ONLY a car!

But your health is far far more valuable Ian.  

Look after your health, regular fluids, proper fuel, and get yourself MOT'd regularly.

((It's worth it!)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, steve2006 said:

Considering the UK is the only RHD market within Europe (I think) I can’t see it being snapped up by a desperate French or Italian buyer.

You know what these Italian drivers are like - - they'll drive on the wrong side of the road in an heartbeat! 

(😉)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Ireland?

Very frustrating after your long wait - I thought that was the reason for your cancellation ( I know I have though about it)

Good luck with your health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

Ireland?

Uh hu... Beat met to it.

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Not the only one in Europe. The only one with clocks in MPH perhaps. 

Firstly, I’m sorry to hear about your health, Ian. I do sincerely hope you well in future. As others have said, your health is far more important over any car. I have a few life-long medical conditions myself and have delayed at least one car purchase in the past as a result. Fortunately in that case, I didn't quite make it as far as the ordering stage before I myself needed work for my own 'MOT' as such!  

I’m within days of going over the 11 month mark with my own order now. There's been no progression on it all on my NX350h Takumi order. Whilst it’s given me more time to save additional money, my patience is beginning to wear thin. I feel anyone who has got to that stage of 14/15 months with no sign of any hope of receiving their car (which we have had a few on here) has given more than enough patience regardless of their health.

Again, wishing you all the very best. 

Thank you all for the comments. It's not me,It's my wife .Very suddenly in Palliative care.

Waiting endlessly for a  Lexus to sit in the Drive seemed a bit pointless really.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, bilun777 said:

Thank you all for the comments. It's not me,It's my wife .Very suddenly in Palliative care.

Waiting endlessly for a  Lexus to sit in the Drive seemed a bit pointless really.....

Sorry to hear 😞

Cars seem a bit pointless at this time

On 4/18/2023 at 7:18 PM, bilun777 said:

After 14 months of waiting we've had to cancel our ordered 350h NX today, due to ongoing health issues.

We're strangely sad about the whole thing ,even though we never even got a sniff the new car. The Dealers have been very gracious about it and I hoped another customer would benefit.  Apparently not . Lexus put any cancellations back into the European pot so anyone in europe is one up on the waiting list.

Happy waiting to you all.🥲

Why would Lexus now offer a right hand drive NX300 to customers in left hand drive Europe? 

Indeed, any car comes second fiddle to your family’s health. It puts an awful lot into perspective. Please pass on my best wishes to your wife and of course, my sympathies to yourself Ian. 

I have a work colleague who’s son is currently in Palliative care and how utterly nerve-wracking that has been for him.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links