Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Britain's leading lithium hub in Cornwall...

It's an interesting development, and about time the UK started to reduce it's dependence on other countries.

This will surely bring some wealth into the country of Cornwall - although I have no doubt at all that the latest ranks of property owners will complain that mining will be spoiling the tourist industry, and making their roads dusty!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Illogan said:

This will surely bring some wealth into the country of Cornwall

Is this after declaring themselves independent? 🤓 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Inevitable really. Everybody is going after Lithium so if it is in the ground somewhere they will go for it. Identical project going on currently in most European countries. More important however is Battery production. The UK desperately needs that in order to keep its automotive factories. Batteries are the most expensive part of an electric car and are heavy.  In order to save the cost of transport factories will be where the batteries are produced.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

countries. More important however is battery production. The UK desperately needs that in order to keep its automotive factories.

Understand that Tata have decided to build their European Battery factory in Bridgewater, Somerset - likely because of JLR production in the UK. Site was chosen instead of Spain.

As far as I’m aware, the formal announcement is still awaited even though all media sources seem to know…

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/uk-set-win-battle-host-tata-electric-car-battery-plant-bbc-2023-05-24/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

To the selected few in the country...

The selected few will be the shareholders who might have to wait several years for a Dividend...

For those that have never been to the St Austell area of Cornwall. I thought I would add this interesting article about the history of China clay in Cornwall…

https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/history/industrial/china_clay.htm

I part owned and operating two hardstone quarries in East Cornwall from 1985 to 2002. I have seen how the old China clay sites are no longer so visible, because of planning conditions that were/are being complied with…  

methinks they might just go the way of the Old and Ancient Cornish Tin Mines .............. at that time blots on the landscape BUT now possibly things of " beauty "

Malc

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 3:51 PM, Illogan said:

This will surely bring some wealth into the country of Cornwall - although I have no doubt at all that the latest ranks of property owners will complain that mining will be spoiling the tourist industry, and making their roads dusty!

The sooner more draconian restrictions are introduced to restrict holiday (second) homes the better chance dear old Cornwall will have of reviving its financial fortunes.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sundance said:

The sooner more draconian restrictions are introduced to restrict holiday (second) homes the better chance dear old Cornwall will have of reviving its financial fortunes.

There are many areas having the same issues. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

There are many areas having the same issues. 

I totally agree Rowley and David. I have lived and worked in Cornwall since 1985. And have noticed how the lovely County has changed.

Cornwall Council has agreed, subject to the legislation being passed, for an additional council tax premium for second home owners from April 2024. April 2024 is more than 10 years too late. But I would be surprised if it makes any difference. Many homes in Cornwall are the 2nd, 3rd or 4th home owned by some people…

I am finishing building a new property adjacent to where I live. I won’t be selling it to anyone that wants to use it as a holiday home…  

• Like 1

its an international thing is guess. In Holland exactly the same. For instance the southern province of Zeeland, islands, beach, agriculture, small villages. Traditionally not a wealthy area but stunning nature. Wealthy Germans started buying houses that were cheap and used it as holiday homes later followed by Dutch as 2nd house. This means empty villages off season, shops close as no people and all this is driving house prices up so local youngsters cannot get in and have to move out to other areas. Not good. 

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links