Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Link + app released 18th Aug

I am not sure I like the idea of licking/unlocking car over the Internet. Sounds unsafe.

A bug while updating the sever and every single Lexus in the world suddenly unlocks?

On 8/24/2023 at 11:57 AM, bgb said:

Does the app unlock function work after you have locked the vehicle with the Key?  If so it may be a point of difference between Android and IOS

Mine does, but I noticed that when I open the car with the app I cannot start the engine without pushing the button on the remote.

7 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Can you post a pic of what you get?

Thanks but it's started working now! I tried plugging the car into the charger to see if that made any difference but then a while later it started working for no apparent reason. This new app certainly seems flakey!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Switched from the old app to the new Link+ version last week. All was working OK but not now! Doesn't recognise the car. Lexus need to get this sorted as it's far from robust and not a great reflection on the brand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Link+ app says the car is unlocked. It is locked. I physically checked it.

I think they have problems with software, and no5 the app - it is communication between the car and the server that keeps getting missing. 

14 hours ago, Serguei said:

Link+ app says the car is unlocked. It is locked. I physically checked it.

I think they have problems with software, and no5 the app - it is communication between the car and the server that keeps getting missing. 

Has always been so with the previous app too and the Toyota RAV4 clone.  Very poor infrastructure and poor testing before release.

Since I installed the Link + app, every time I start up the 450h+ I get a screen which requires me to accept or reject Toyota's data policies. I cannot use the monitor until I have chosen one or the other. The software seems unable to remember my choices.

• Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, Hillie said:

It is for me.  Running both side by side on an Android device.

I've downloaded the new app but it won't let me log in, says my email address isn't recognised (nor my mobile number). Tried numerous times. Anybody else had this problem?

I've still got the old app on the phone and it works fine so, given recent comments, perhaps I shouldn't worry?

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

I've downloaded the new app but it won't let me log in, says my email address isn't recognised (nor my mobile number). Tried numerous times. Anybody else had this problem?

I've still got the old app on the phone and it works fine so, given recent comments, perhaps I shouldn't worry?

Keep with the old app. It wasn't perfect but better than this new version. 3 times I have had to remove the app and reinstall. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ken R said:

Keep with the old app. It wasn't perfect but better than this new version. 3 times I have had to remove the app and reinstall. 

That’s exactly what I am doing Ken. The “old” app, my current one, works 99% ok for me so until all you who have downloaded the new one have thoroughly beta tested it for Lexus I’m sticking with the “if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it” vibe🙄

• Like 2

App works OK for my 2022 NX. Seems to be accurate with journeys and location - better than the old App. EV & petrol range is ok but predicted total range is wrong. The main update expected was send navigation to car but still can't do that although the blurb says you can. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Addh said:

App works OK for my 2022 NX. Seems to be accurate with journeys and location - better than the old App. EV & petrol range is ok but predicted total range is wrong. The main update expected was send navigation to car but still can't do that although the blurb says you can. 

Can you see all trips.  I can only see trips on a rolling month, so are all available or can you set the date range ?

• Like 1

Back home and tried new app out. Seems a bit slicker, certainly user interface is friendlier.

Unfortunately, still no remote locking functionality. I’ve also come home to latest recall letter and car now booked in for 2 days at end of October for recall and replacement of DCM. Dealer is blaming Lexus for delay on DCM, saying that Lexus couldn’t provide a part number to them.

Have now had to reinstall the app 7 times! It doesn't recognise the car after each recharge and its missing journeys. Wish I had stayed with the original version!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links