Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My new ISF!

Hi Guys,

Thought I would update you all, I am importing this ultrasonic blue car from Japan and I could not be happier. It is a late 2011 car with 21k Miles on it. I have had a full inspection done and it looks fantastic, I cannot wait to get it over here! If anyone is interested in some part worn Advan Fleva V701s please let me know as it will be going on winters when it gets over here. Please ask any questions you have and if anyone has experience with an import tell me your thoughts.

S__172466184_0.jpg

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, Littorio said:

Ben, I'd be interested in your whole experience and whom you are buying from as I have been considering this process in the future to import an RC350 from Japan.

Will keep you updated, it has been very straight forward so far!

55 minutes ago, Grey One said:

Looks great 🙂

Out of interest what are the price differences here over a UK car, is it about the same or more expensive to do this?

To me it seems like it is cheaper for what I am getting 

13 minutes ago, Fforfun said:

Also, will you underseal the car? Or is there not a need to? 

Its a thing they do in Japan a lot so it already has a form of undersealing but I might go a bit further and get it redone with some bilt hamber stuff 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car looks awesome and what a top spec too by looks of it.

USB is obviously the fastest colour ;-); facelift DRL lights (a must); the option alloys and RED LEATHER!

Pleased for you! Good luck with the import, hopefully you'll bring to a meet and or show or two in the UK - stay active on the site matey.

• Like 1

USB and red leather is not common, only saw a few during the months when I was looking for mine, really like it personally and the 2011 lights look nice. I enjoyed the whole import process, will likely be going through it again for a new runabout in the new year.

If you are paying a UK company to carry out the import for you, then you won't need to do much. If importing yourself, one tip would be to scope out your shipping agent sooner than later so they are in place for when the paperwork starts arriving. 

Enjoy the car. 

Anybody looking to import parts from Yahoo Japan, I have just used a guy to import a set of GSF wheels and have to say he’s been a pleasure to deal with.

DM me for details thus not to advertise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Anybody looking to import parts from Yahoo Japan, I have just used a guy to import a set of GSF wheels and have to say he’s been a pleasure to deal with.

DM me for details thus not to advertise.

Always looking for a connection in Japan for parts mate! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

What are import taxes like? 

Because shipping, inspection, insurance seems to be ~$4000, but I never sure if there is anything else to be paid before it could be registered in UK?

I am not sure on the exact figure for the taxes as it's all included in the figure Torque GT quoted me but it seems to be better value than looking for a similar car in the UK

35 minutes ago, BenH22 said:

I am not sure on the exact figure for the taxes as it's all included in the figure Torque GT quoted me but it seems to be better value than looking for a similar car in the UK

That I know 🙂 

Was just looking at one 2008 IS-F with 58,000 Km and it costs ~£15,900 delivered to UK. There is just no way one could get 36,000 miles car under £20,000 in UK. That said, I am still not sure how much more it would cost in taxes, whenever it needs approval etc. 

What I am reading on internet it seems that importing from outside of UK/EU would be VAT and Duty, and for any passenger vehicle with less than 8 seats and over 10 years old approval is not required.

So it would seem like £15,900 car delivered to UK + 10% duty +20% vat... although duty is not very clear. And I guess few pennies on actually registering, getting license plates etc. So if that is the case, then it works out ~£21,000 anyway... which then defeats the point. Yet again - it is very much unclear whenever the listed price already includes taxes and duties, and if so whenever it is just Japan side, transit, or both Japan and UK. 

The reason I am asking - it would be interesting to know what is the final price of the car once it is one the road in UK with MOT and road legal, as it seems there are so many variables. It seems strange that there are so many cars coming into UK from Japan, yet reliable and clear information about exact cost isn't that clear. 

8 hours ago, Linas.P said:

That I know 🙂 

Was just looking at one 2008 IS-F with 58,000 Km and it costs ~£15,900 delivered to UK. There is just no way one could get 36,000 miles car under £20,000 in UK. That said, I am still not sure how much more it would cost in taxes, whenever it needs approval etc. 

What I am reading on internet it seems that importing from outside of UK/EU would be VAT and Duty, and for any passenger vehicle with less than 8 seats and over 10 years old approval is not required.

So it would seem like £15,900 car delivered to UK + 10% duty +20% vat... although duty is not very clear. And I guess few pennies on actually registering, getting license plates etc. So if that is the case, then it works out ~£21,000 anyway... which then defeats the point. Yet again - it is very much unclear whenever the listed price already includes taxes and duties, and if so whenever it is just Japan side, transit, or both Japan and UK. 

The reason I am asking - it would be interesting to know what is the final price of the car once it is one the road in UK with MOT and road legal, as it seems there are so many variables. It seems strange that there are so many cars coming into UK from Japan, yet reliable and clear information about exact cost isn't that clear. 

All in including all duties, shipping and conversion my 21k mile 2011 car is under £25k which you would never be able to get in the UK

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links