Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red interior

Mincey

Has anyone got an ES with the red interior? I'm considering the idea of letting Betsy have a happy retirement and getting a new ES. I want a black F Sport so it will be totally black outside including the wheels, but do I want a completely black interior too? I'm used to black interiors as all my Lexi/Lexuseseses have had black interiors, but should I be daring and go for red this time? An old chum of mine had a black Alfa 156 with red leather and all his mates called it the Pimp Mobile. I obviously want to avoid anything like this. What's red like to live with? Is it a trifle sudden or is it tasteful?

I had a red interior in my Mercedes C class, it divided opinions but generally was applauded.

image.thumb.png.8586f5da4abf56abf47f4bbf91b82ca4.png

I also had red in my second RC, similar comments again

I think a red interior is a statement and one that you must feel comfortable with...

How about a Hazel or clove colour interior as I had in the red RC, I think it would go well with a black exterior, quite classy?

small.rc300h-gallery-022-1920x1080_tcm-3

I found the red did take a bit of looking after, depending on one's daily attire but nowhere near a much as the clove. Black does have it's advantages!

• Thanks 1

You raise many interesting points there Peter! 

The red looks lovely. I think the only choices on the ES F Sport are black, red and white. I'm sure I'd make a mess of the white in no time but that does look good too. Decisions, decisions.... I bet I end up with black.

IIRC someone on the forum already has an Azure Blue + Red interior - 

Now thinking about it again, I think the Superman Spec should be somewhat Red on the outside as well ?

Like the red but would be a little concerned about how it would wear compared to the black. This is obviously only a concern if you intend to keep it for a good while. Quite often older cars with red interior have black side bolsters where the red has faded away!

We have a gs 300h f sport in black  with the rose red interior very classy in my opinion but then I am biased 😉 whereas my F is silver with the red interior which is much more in keeping with the sporting nature of the beast .....

If you want an all-black car, wheels and all, and that is your taste you should by all means go for it.  But, to be practical, you should bear in mind that the F-Sport black cloth roof lining combined with black leather, black plastics and black mats makes the cabin look and feel murky.  

I have had red leather in 2016 and 2019 F-Sport RCs in Sonic Titanium, the Dark Rose shade replaced by the brighter Flare Red (see Peter's photo in his post above) in the later model.  Red leather trim is well suited to any metallic silver-type car but in my opinion looks a bit naff in a black one.  There is no disputing that black leather is more convenient to maintain than any other colour if only because it hides dirt better and can more easily be recoloured if necessary.  With specific regard to the two aforementioned Lexus reds, my experience is that they wear well with a minimum of maintenance, being favoured by the shape and firmness of the F-Sport seats, which make the horizontal surfaces less prone to lateral pressure and rubbing and therefore to creasing.  This, of course, is regardless of colour but is a feature that might make one more reluctant to consider black as a first choice.

• Like 1

My current interior is all black and I wouldn't say it feels murky! I'm still 49/51 black to red. I'm hoping they have something with a red interior in the showroom when I go to potentially place the order.

11 minutes ago, Mincey said:

My current interior is all black and I wouldn't say it feels murky! I'm still 49/51 black to red. I'm hoping they have something with a red interior in the showroom when I go to potentially place the order.

Do it. DO IT! Life’s too short etc. My personal preference would be a lighter metallic exterior colour with red interior, or a tan interior (accepting not available on the ES based on comments here) but think of it this way…how many black interiors have you had? The fact you’ve even asked the question tells me you’re ready to take the plunge and have something different!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Do it. DO IT! Life’s too short etc. My personal preference would be a lighter metallic exterior colour with red interior, or a tan interior (accepting not available on the ES based on comments here) but think of it this way…how many black interiors have you had? The fact you’ve even asked the question tells me you’re ready to take the plunge and have something different!

I don't think it's going to take too much to tip me down the red slope to be honest....

• Like 1

As you may have seen in previous posts, I made a jump to a different colour interior this time with the tan and so far love it. With no regrets. It lifts the cabin and changes the whole feel compared to my previous Mesa with black.

I really would like the F sport blue (like yours Mincey) with the red trim, the so called Pepsi spec on other brands, but have to think of budgets. 
Aren’t we ES owners lucky that we even have the options of interior colour available at no extra cost

IMG_1158.jpeg

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1144.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tonyw said:

I really would like the F sport blue (like yours Mincey) with the red trim, the so called Pepsi spec on other brands, but have to think of budgets. 

Someone also called it "Superman Spec" 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Someone also called it "Superman Spec" 🤣

I’ve heard it called that as well. Also white with a red interior I’m pretty sure I read somewhere was known as the ‘Moby D i c k’ spec.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tonyw said:

As you may have seen in previous posts, I made a jump to a different colour interior this time with the tan and so far love it. With no regrets. It lifts the cabin and changes the whole feel compared to my previous Mesa with black.

Aren’t we ES owners lucky that we even have the options of interior colour available at no extra cost

IMG_1158.jpeg

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1144.jpeg

Thanks for those pictures Tony, Nice! I have one with this colour interior on order.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't the F Sport ES come with Taraha Trim.   My understanding is that leather is not an option on the F Sport, just the synthetic leather regardless of the colour.

I can see the appeal of an F Sport but I am a lover of leather interiors which, I have to say, take more looking after that synthetic leather which I also experienced in a previous Premium Edition ES I owned but the draw of a leather interior is something I cannot give up mainly based on past vehicle ownership, one of which was a beautiful LS460 SE-L , my very first Lexus, what a car which I regret selling but I had made my mind up to move over to Lexus self charging Hybrids.  

LS460 1.jpg

LS460 2.jpg

LS460 3.jpg

LS460 4.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links