Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Handle Lights - somewhat mean?

Hi

I took delivery of my NX450+ with the Premium Pack options. The driver and front passenger door handles are illuminated but the rear door handles are not.  is this intentional or were they missed? If it is intentional then it is somewhat mean given the cost of the car

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

Hi

I took delivery of my NX450+ with the Premium Pack options. The driver and front passenger door handles are illuminated but the rear door handles are not.  is this intentional or were they missed? If it is intentional then it is somewhat mean given the cost of the car

I think they're only on the fronts. Last time I checked they only lit up at the front too. Not really sure why

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MarcG said:

Hi

I agree, that's a little mean! 🤨

My NX300h has the lights on both front and rear doors.  Sorry about the picture quality and not a great angle.

Doorhandlelights.thumb.JPEG.4e1b5a5abde8184061b610dbcd220d28.JPEG

It's a Takumi so maybe I got that little bit extra (a couple more LEDs). 

Hope everything else is good though! 😀

• Like 1

All 4 light up on my 2020 300h, premium plus pack.

Penny pinching, lack of components, all too often recalls, sending out £50K+ cars with 1 key, no locking bolts etc. etc.
Lexus are in danger of losing their luxury brand aura if this sort of thing continues.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

All 4 light up on my 2020 300h, premium plus pack.

Penny pinching, lack of components, all too often recalls, sending out £50K+ cars with 1 key, no locking bolts etc. etc.
Lexus are in danger of losing their luxury brand aura if this sort of thing continues.

Don't be silly

All the premium manufacturers are doing it. Can't get folding mirrors on some, or sound systems on top spec Mercs at the moment. Sane price, just no sound systems or certain extras which should be in the package, they don't come with it

Another way of charging you more for more optional extras lol 😆 and yes the are all at it and have been for a while 2012 ford galaxy titanium x -  no electric/auto folding mirrors or sat nav, 2018 a200 Mercedes amg line no folding mirrors either 

Mugs are us seems to ring a bell, most new cars these days don't have a spare wheel or even a space saver and we just accept it,in the name of misplaced priorities lol 😆🔔 😳 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Illuminated door handles seem to me something that might have been a good idea decades ago, before remote keys and keyless entry, but seems a bit redundant now, and just something else to potentially go wrong.

Depends on how they are set up.
My NX ones illuminate the handle surround and have the puddle light feature. Which is nice.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

Don't be silly

All the premium manufacturers are doing it. Can't get folding mirrors on some, or sound systems on top spec Mercs at the moment. Sane price, just no sound systems or certain extras which should be in the package, they don't come with it

Just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it right, and shouldn't be accepted.
Too much "I must have it now" & "me, me, me" and the manufacturers are feeding off that culture.

More often than not, and certainly more recently the customer is not always right. The customer is an idiot.

3 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it right, and shouldn't be accepted.
Too much "I must have it now" & "me, me, me" and the manufacturers are feeding off that culture.

More often than not, and certainly more recently the customer is not always right. The customer is an idiot.

One doesn't have to accept it, buy a different marque.

Manufacturers have always, since time immemorial, differentiated between trim levels by 'omitting' certain functions. It's unashamedly a way to get the buyer to spend more by 'upgrading' to get what they think they 'need'. 

• Like 1

coming from a 6 year old Mercedes C class Premium - I can see these little penny pinching moves in my "Takumi" all over the place, e.g.

• no passenger side memory seats
  • no aluminium pedals
  • only 2 door handles are illuminated
  • no tyre inflation kit inlcuded
  • my mercedes had thigh support for the seats
  • dashboard material is pretty underwhelming, previously I had a (fake) leather everwhere, e.g. door.

but rather than penny pinching I think it is a lack of practicality which is missing, e.g.:

• the first aid kit is too big to properly fit in the boot
  • door bins are very small
  • piano black plastic
  • gear knob is a pain to use, couldn't they just use buttons for that?
  • my mercedes had a little crate for boot which you could store away and take out

etc.

all small things, but just does not give the premium feeling.

what I really like is the efficency of the hybrid system and how it works seamlessly. also - all the security systems (lta, adaptive cruise control) are top notch.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, scudney said:

Mugs are us seems to ring a bell, most new cars these days don't have a spare wheel or even a space saver and we just accept it,in the name of misplaced priorities lol 😆🔔 😳 

I agree. I would happily trade most of the "helpful extras" for a spare wheel and tools 😀

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, szhrmp said:

coming from a 6 year old Mercedes C class Premium - I can see these little penny pinching moves in my "Takumi" all over the place, e.g.

• no passenger side memory seats
  • no aluminium pedals
  • only 2 door handles are illuminated
  • no tyre inflation kit inlcuded
  • my mercedes had thigh support for the seats
  • dashboard material is pretty underwhelming, previously I had a (fake) leather everwhere, e.g. door.

I'm surprised that Takumi spec isn't consistent over the whole range. Tiff has a passenger memory front seat, 4 illuminated door handles, tyre inflation kit (surely the dealer will give you one of those?) and thigh support. No aluminium pedals though (F Sport only?) and dash material is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

I'm surprised that Takumi spec isn't consistent over the whole range. Tiff has a passenger memory front seat, 4 illuminated door handles, tyre inflation kit (surely the dealer will give you one of those?) and thigh support. No aluminium pedals though (F Sport only?) and dash material is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

May be because NX is seen as a personal driver’s car while they think ES might be used for chauffeur-driven passengers?

• Haha 1

Seems more like outright penny-pinching if, as mentioned earlier, a 2020 NX300h had all 4 handles illuminated. Yet, now a top-spec 450h+ doesn't.

The omission of spare wheel, jack etc is an industry-wide thing nowadays? I don't know anyone with a modern car that came with a spare wheel.

Getting rid is probably an effort to save weight and earn lower g/km ratings and better fuel economy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J Henderson said:

The omission of spare wheel, jack etc is an industry-wide thing nowadays? I don't know anyone with a modern car that came with a spare wheel.

How often does one get a flat tyre? When was the last time one needed to use a spare tyre?

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

How often does one get a flat tyre? When was the last time one needed to use a spare tyre?

Unfortunately, I did. Two weeks ago!

You're right though. It's probably a rare occurrence for most people. That was my first one in 33 years of driving.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Serguei said:

May be because NX is seen as a personal driver’s car while they think ES might be used for chauffeur-driven passengers?

Of course! I should have thought that one through properly what with the ES being designed as a taxi. 

• Haha 2

I believe that the tyres on the NX are Run Flats ergo no need for spare tyre, space saver or otherwise. Also no no need for  tyre foam.

The lack of memory on front passenger seat  is just plain mean. I'm 6' 2" and my wife is 5' 4" so are seating requirements are totally different

25 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I believe that the tyres on the NX are Run Flats ergo no need for spare tyre, space saver or otherwise. Also no no need for  tyre foam.

The lack of memory on front passenger seat  is just plain mean. I'm 6' 2" and my wife is 5' 4" so are seating requirements are totally different

Depends on the model. My 450 is on 18" wheels and tyres are not run-flats. I was supplied with a pack for sealing and inflating the tyre in an emergency though. I think all the 20" wheels come with run-flats as standard but not 100% sure about that.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links