Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cherished Plate

Whatever someone is prepared to pay for it... Depends on how long you are willing to wait for the 'right' person to come along. RCF are quite rare beasts, so a small market...

Try contacting the numerous plate traders on the web, many offer a valuation service

• Like 2

Just been looking for a private plate for Lexigirl. Never got into it before. I am sure there must be some logic to the pricing ,but for the life of me I have not worked it out. Is there a system at all, or is it purely random with a bit of scarcity value applying in some cases?

44 minutes ago, Archirob said:

I have a cherished plate B10 RCF on retention.  ( 'Beaten' or 'BIO' ) What do you think its worth ?

Number plates aren't worth anything unless someone wants to pay for them as mentioned already. 

£500 maybe as a starting point if you were going to sell and assess interest from there.

30 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

a Vanity purchase ……. what’s the price of that one asks 😂

Malc 

Same as the cost of a hair transplant done in Turkey followed by the cost of Uk healthcare to put it right.

• Haha 3

I struggle to see the point in personalised number plates.  I struggle even more to understand why you would buy one that replicates the make / model of the car it's attached to when the manufacturer has already gone to the trouble of attaching badges.

14 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Same as the cost of a hair transplant done in Turkey followed by the cost of Uk healthcare to put it right.

Unless its a medical emergency - its not touched. The hair transplantee is asked to go back to the provider who did it similiar to most private operations. 

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

Unless its a medical emergency - its not touched. The hair transplantee is asked to go back to the provider who did it similiar to most private operations. 

Well damn it. Cancel my flight reservation straightaway 😉

• Haha 1

Generally it is what someone is willing to pay for what 'they want' the plate to be for their car.

Less characters, popular or funny names/ words, popular car models (like the RCF on your plate) but imagine 'BMW', all generally drive the price up.

I like 'cherished plates' but I am usually a minority and get heavily ribbed by friends/ family. I spent moderate money on my 777 KE, but my L400 JAP was fairly low.

A quick search online to cherished reg businesses would put yours at £600-£1k, minus listing/ sale fees unless you cut that bit out 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Generally it is what someone is willing to pay for what 'they want' the plate to be for their car.

Less characters, popular or funny names/ words, popular car models (like the RCF on your plate) but imagine 'BMW', all generally drive the price up.

I like 'cherished plates' but I am usually a minority and get heavily ribbed by friends/ family. I spent moderate money on my 777 KE, but my L400 JAP was fairly low.

A quick search online to cherished reg businesses would put yours at £600-£1k, minus listing/ sale fees unless you cut that bit out 🙂

I too have one but chose it based upon my name, rather than a car model etc.  feels like something that you buy for life and it changes cars as I do.  £500 or so doesn’t seem unreasonable when I’m going to use it for another 50 years (hopefully).

There must be a technological solution that would do away with them to be honest.  May be a case of keep it simple because it works!!

I, too, have one that was bought by my "kids". It's a gender (MR), birth year date and name initials combination. I've now had it on 4 cars, all of which were/are much newer than the reg number would infer. Kind of amuses me that people might be thinking the car is much, much older than it really is!

A couple of days ago I was asking my daughter if she wanted my plates in the future when I pop my clogs. Not really interested was the reply, and when I mentioned the young grandchildren may want them, she said that in the future they'd be autonomous cars or car share schemes etc.

So after having one of my plates since 1972, sadly it seems I'll end up putting them on a commission sales site.

1 hour ago, PRT68 said:

A couple of days ago I was asking my daughter if she wanted my plates in the future when I pop my clogs. Not really interested was the reply, and when I mentioned the young grandchildren may want them, she said that in the future they'd be autonomous cars or car share schemes etc.

So after having one of my plates since 1972, sadly it seems I'll end up putting them on a commission sales site.

What a coincidence. I have had my plates also since 1972, but I will never sell. Me and my friend in my first car.noddy.thumb.jpg.e6d469523da60986ac3e638ff31096d8.jpg

• Haha 6

Thanks guys. I agree they are a fun purchase and also have the practical use of disguising the age of the car. 

Thanks for the price estimates. They are around what I was thinking £500 - £600 given what I paid DVLA for it originally.

B10 RCF is 'Beaten' followed by my initials which I now think would also suit the Lexus model. Its spare as it was on my third car, a Porsche 944 S2 now sold. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am very please with mine which resembles my life long nickname almost perfectly.

I paid just £200 after managing to get DVLA to release it into auction. I was totally surprised at their starting price and then i was the only bidder so a bargain!!

That is to me as the name was valuable to me. I set my self a limit of £1000 before the auction started. Clearly no one else values that reg as high as no one else was interested so.... all subjective.

Car specific plates are less subjective IMO. I'd say a car specific plate is worth probably £250-500.

41 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

My wife has promised me a private plate for my SC 430 as a xmas prezzy. I know what I have asked her to get ,but I will not be surprised if I get D1 CK

Well, depending on her budget, she will be able to get very close. Just a case of setting aside circa £22K :surprise:😂

• Haha 2

I've had my plate for five years, and it's been on RC, RX, NX so far... LC will be it's next destination, and already dreaming of it back on a coupe after the family cars...

Cost the entry £250 and is an old 1998/99 reg, S33 for see and then my initials, so very obscure and cheap, but I love it. The symmetry is pleasing and I like that it disguises the age of the cars...

Always wanted C4 SPA and remember it being £4k in the 90s when I started driving!

Recently got the Mrs one at £250, new style and even more obscure as family member initials connected with an acronym, but nice little sentimental gift. 

On 10/26/2023 at 7:18 PM, Brian R said:

Well, depending on her budget, she will be able to get very close. Just a case of setting aside circa £22K :surprise:😂

Oddly enough a great friend sadly no longer with us sold, DICKIE a few years ago 😎

38 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Oddly enough a great friend sadly no longer with us sold, DICKIE a few years ago 😎

There is a moral there somewhere. Selling your DICKIE might be the end of you. 😏 Here's hoping he would have appreciated the joke.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links