Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

Simon Tandy

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it possible to fit the photo-chromatic mirror on a 2000 model?

If so does any one have the part no, cost, and instructions?

Just thought now the nights are coming in, im gonna start getting dazzled by other drivers lights.

If enough interest what about a group buy?

Thanks for help as usual

Its just a gimmick,whatever happened to using your hand to adjust the mirror, were living in a world were we want things done for us.

Whatever next!!!

It's called progression...!

You make me laugh - ever seen the programme 'Grumpy Old Men'? You should apply to go on it :P :tomato::lol:

Its just a gimmick,whatever happened to using your hand to adjust the mirror, were living in a world were we want things done for us.

Whatever next!!!

It's called progression...!

You make me laugh - ever seen the programme 'Grumpy Old Men'? You should apply to go on it :P :tomato::lol:

I applied for it but i wasn'y grumpy enough :P

Colin F/C is a must on modern cars :winky:

Whats this....."im being ganged up on by the mods"...............Oi Steve tell em off :lol:

If I am right:

2002-2004

Charcoal

w/o NavigationSystem 87810-53060-B0

Ivory

w/o NavigationSystem 87810-53060-A0

BUT: These are the PartNumbers of the US-IS300! Perhaps you have to ask about how it is fitted and the possible functions of this mirror. They talk about a Child View Mirror and a difference in navi equipped cars (Compass? 87810-53070-A0/B0). Please ask the US-LOC-Members.

Source: Like this.

Whatever next!!!

No, it's a little more than that.

When you're driving at night, you don't even notice other cars lights behind you. That's not only a lot safer but it's a lot more comforting. There's no momentary blindness or discomfort at all. It all adds to the feeling of security driving at night.

I must admit, having had a photochromic mirror on my last car, I do miss it.

When you get the 'fairy light brigade' who insist on driving around at night on side lights and you have your mirror on dip it is easy to sometimes miss them.

I would love to fit a photochromic interior rear view jobby.

638USD netto  :)

Am I allowed to post a part number?

This that for the newest style with inbuilt compass or the older one? Sounds like the newer one at that price.

IS300.NET sell the new one for $490.

Should be able to get the standard UK IS300 mirror for less as it doesn't have the compass. I guess somebody needs to have a kind word with Mr Shipley.

If you want to do the side mirrors as well it will get very expensive.

I think compass is only if you have a navi.

What I know is that you need a different console with the reading lights (don't know exact name).

I think, it could be cheaper from your dealer. Will ask mine if a change is possible. But this will take a week or so.

Talked about this Mat a few month ago. But missed the conclusion. I know its not possible (or very difficult to do) and not worth the money.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links