Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

charlieb

does anyone have any ideas of were i can get some decent car insurance who allow mods as my existing one does not beause the car under my dads company insurance they dont even allow a sports exhaust :angry: . i really want to mod it but cant seem to get any sensible quotes under £4 grand that allow mods :crybaby: any help will be great :)

p.s Traction control OFF in the WET = :D :D :D :driving:

(on private land of course :ph34r: )

I'm with privilege and their quotes have always worked out best for me and think they're quite forgiving with mods (although don't have any myself) as i think they once said that increasing alloys by inch or so wouldn't affect premium

I'm with privilege and their quotes have always worked out best for me and think they're quite forgiving with mods (although don't have any myself) as i think they once said that increasing alloys by inch or so wouldn't affect premium

I am with Privelege and i was quoted £70 extra just to put on a sports air filter. :o

They don't seem to bother about cosmetic mods (my TRD grille didn't put my premium up), but i think they sting you on performance mods.

liverpool victoria were quite mod freindly but recently there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what is going on, i was told when i took out my insurance that as long as the capacity of the engine didn't change you could do whatever mods you like, have also heard good things about a company called brentacre (01792650933) being mod friendly

dont you mean "bungalow" persuasion

PMSL!

Cheers mate, but you really need to see that movie to see what I mean!!!!

Ifraz & Pete J reckoned I was like Johnny Vegas in s*x Lives of the Potato Men - think they were right too!!!

My insurance is up in May I think so I will be giving all these guys a go after hearing how much grief Matt Mcnally had with DL when making a claim - it's all well and good getting the cheapest quote but if they try and **** you over if you claim then sod that!!!!

The best quote I have had is from Adrian Flux.

I am 26, the quote was Fully comp and I listed the following mods

Lowered

Body Kit

Stainless Exhaust System

Non standard alloys

S/C

Induction Kit

The quote came back at £633.

Tesco are a decent price till you need to make a claim or change companies

Privilege is statistically the worst and paying out when you have had a crash - and they do not like young people.

NUD - used to be competitive but not so much these days.

It's good you are even able to afford a Lexus and the insurance at 17. I guess you could be thankful for that and wait a while before modding it.

You have many years ahead of you so savour the good things slowly one at a time. Don't rush. B)

Oh and remember to use the force...

Wooo I've come over all obi-wan kenobi...

The best quote I have had is from Adrian Flux.

I am 26, the quote was Fully comp and I listed the following mods

Lowered

Body Kit

Stainless Exhaust System

Non standard Alloys

S/C

Induction Kit

The quote came back at £633.

Tesco are a decent price till you need to make a claim or change companies

Privilege is statistically the worst and paying out when you have had a crash - and they do not like young people.

NUD - used to be competitive but not so much these days.

That's a good price from Flux.

I'm being quoted around £1300 for a S/C IS200 with a few additional mods. I'll be 28 when my new policy starts and hopefully with 4 years NCB. I think I may phone them again soon. :shifty:

You could try Greenlight (www.greenlight-insurance.com) they use Highway though, same as Adrian Flux. Good bunch of guys though, they actually understand what you are talking about when you call about mods.

will give them a try! most still say too young :crybaby::crybaby:

hopefully i can persuade my dads company to let me mod my car!! :)

liverpool victoria were quite mod freindly but recently there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what is going on, i was told when i took out my insurance that as long as the capacity of the engine didn't change you could do whatever mods you like, have also heard good things about a company called brentacre (01792650933) being mod friendly

LV are local to me, I used to be insured with them but they won't insure me on the IS as the IG is too high, because I'm 19.

You can do any mods you want, engine changes etc, for next to no price increase.

Just don't expect a decent pay out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links