Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharged

Adie

I finally had my car supercharged yesterday.

It was fitted in Manchester by Gords mate Steve. Who did a top job, so many thanks to the both of them.

The drive up to Manchester took about 3hrs...... The drive home about 2hrs. :D

The difference in performance is AMAZING!!! From acceleration in the lower gears to pulling away in sixth has to be felt to be believed.

I had some w :tsktsk: r right up my backside on the M1 coming back to Northampton so i just put my foot down and was gone.

So :D :D :D :driving:

If you've not got one... GET ONE

Thanks again to all those involved

Now for the quickshift :winky:

Hi,,

After beeing a silent member of this Forum for some time,, I have started to dream of mounting a charger in my IS. Only problem, I cant go to the UK to get it Fitted :-(

And in Norway its way to expensive.

I mailed TDIPLC but they wouldnt let me have a look on the innstallation instructions. Therefore I ask the members of LOC if there is an instruction laying around that I can have a look at.. prefferebly an electronic version.

I hope U members can help me out.

AND.. congratulation with Your new charger :-)

reg.

Steinar

i will try and get my instructions scanned and put into pdf format that can maybe be hosted by LOC??

When i find them that is!

Step by step instructions with all parts etc.

Also congratulations on the charger, can i now recomend you get rid of all those black rubber intercooler pipe sleves and change them for the more flexible silicone ones. as you dont have so much leakage! and they make the bay look so much better for £40!

Also keep checking the jubilee clips for tightness

I had mine fitted 2 weeks ago, must agree, it feels great. I had the pre-cats taken out and  the prolex exhaust fitted at the same time. What a sound!! especially during gearchange! I love the deep roar.  Dont forget to reset the ECU!  :driving:

Which exhaust did you get? How does it sound and whats performance?

I'm looking for more performance but dont want a loud farty noise from the exhaust

I brought the kazama exhaust by prolex uk. With the exhaust + precats removed + K&N air filter maybe an extra 15bhp? What do you think guys? The sound is not the tinny, fart sound you get with the neds and their saxos, corsas etc. You cant beat the genuine sound of a 6 cylinder car. Very deep roar!

What is the cost for something like that, as I would love to get it done but do have a small budget problem  :duh: .

And Congratulations on yours

Have a look on Prolex-Uk website for a price of kit and installation price depends on who you have install it.

But make sure you get one :D

Its like having a new car all over again

I brought the kazama exhaust by prolex uk. With the exhaust + precats removed + K&N air filter maybe an extra 15bhp? What do you think guys? The sound is not the tinny, fart sound you get with the neds and their saxos, corsas etc. You cant beat the genuine sound of a 6 cylinder car. Very deep roar!

Yeah sounds good performance wise but i want to try and keep the subtle quiet sound that it originally has.

Is the K&N air filter easy to install?

Does it add to performance? I've heard it increases the sound of the s/c whine?

Our zorst has a baffle so it can be quiet or loud(ish)

K&N filter is a straight drop in...........no increase in sound...........get the sound from the induction kit  :winky:

What about performance wise on the:

1) Air filter

2) Exhaust

3) Induction kit

4) I've heard the induction kit is loud. What sort of sound is it? Does it just amplify the s/c whine? Therefore sounding the dogs :tsktsk: ?

K&N filter is a straight drop in...........no increase in sound...........get the sound from the induction kit  :winky:

1) Air filter

2) Exhaust

3) Induction kit

4) I've heard the induction kit is loud. What sort of sound is it? Does it just amplify the s/c whine? Therefore sounding the dogs :tsktsk: ?

1) Air filter - minimal

2) Exhaust - 8 bhp max

3) Induction kit - - 5bhp ish

4) I've heard the induction kit is loud. What sort of sound is it? Does it just amplify the s/c whine? Therefore sounding the dogs ---------glorious sound worth every penny truly wonderful..................the sound when you lift off after being on full throttle is something to savour...........Doing a prolex-uk one in 3 weeks :winky:

1) Air filter

2) Exhaust

3) Induction kit

1) Air filter - minimal

2) Exhaust - 8 bhp max

3) Induction kit - - 5bhp ish

4) I've heard the induction kit is loud. What sort of sound is it? Does it just amplify the s/c whine? Therefore sounding the dogs ---------glorious sound worth every penny truly wonderful..................the sound when you lift off after being on full throttle is something to savour...........Doing a prolex-uk one in 3 weeks :winky:

If you can give me some quotes on an exhaust ( quiet one) and induction kit? I'll be in touch........ Once again :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links