Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BMW Drivers .....

tonb

Up here - TDi Passats in silver - scourge! And 3 series beemers - the rest seem fine.... also the proper 3 series (M3s, 325s and 330TD seem fine - tis the ickle ones that seem to be 'sales-rep done good, Alan Partridge on a mission' plonkers.

We are stereo-typing though.... they are not all bad. (I think) :P

Claire - I got asked to take a colleague out in my IS yesterday - when we got back to the hotel (working away) he commented that it was more noisy than he thought it would be - turned out he wasn't into performance and wanted a nice comfy quiet ride...... and I'd just been giving it a caning!!! Doh! :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, guys with Ickle cars want to be important don't they?

You know how it is when you are coming home from a hard day at the office, and all you want to do is enjoy your Lexus, well, last nite I was doing just that - and sprinting up my inside came a Reg Vardy salesman in a Rover 45 ..... he must have been pushing a ton - pedalling like mad, well, I played with him for a while, then he was determined to get past, so I eventually let him go up the inside .....

Hey, I aint gonna lose my licence for some little Rover 45 and a balding salesman :mad::mad:

Lets face it, you get w@nkers behind the wheel of any car.

I'd like to think that there aren't any in Lexus', but that ain't true - Non of them will be club members though, of course :cool:

You are right Lexicon, I have to say that you get fools in every make of car, but I have NEVER been raced/cut-up/trashed by another Lexus .... it's more of a "respect" thing :cool::cool::cool:

My mate who has a WRX STI says the same about Scooby drivers ..... mutual respect, there's a lot to be said for "old fashioned values" these days :lol::lol:

I agree with the respect thing too, although I have toyed with a brand New IS300 in my just serviced IS200SE and it was fun.... toying being following him at speed. And also a similarly silver IS200SE on the motorway, both being swift, I was following in convoy. Kind fun.

But regarding what else aside from BMW 3s and 5s. Well the other day I had a shocker - a Golf. I was blazing down the M40 and on the four lane section, I saw this Golf coming up fast in the mirror. I was already doing about 90. I sped up and he was still closing fast, and then the next thing I knew I was doing 110 and he was still there. It wasn't no V6 golf, it was debadged and it was some young sales idiot with shirt and jacket hung up in the back. He must have had it floor ALL THE WAY!! I pulled over after the saw the speed.... and the fact that he was that close at these speeds!

This morning there was an accident on the west bound M4 between something like a puma/tigra type car (before it became a crumpled heap) and....yes you guessed it a bmw. Wonder who's fault it was... :rolleyes: Mind you the beemer seemed to be pretty much in-tact. Guess it pays to get a luxury car.

Happened again this morning, even more annoying!!

Old buffer in front in his 51 reg 320d (silver, why are they always silver) - wouldnt let me past, eventually took him at 90, then a mile down the road, he starts to try and undertake me .. arrived at the roundabout together but I got baulked, he went up the inside, and immediately pulled straight back out in front of me and slowed down .....

Why?????

The old air was blue this morning, thats for sure :mad::mad::mad:

You're right I'd agree with that, the 3- series drivers seem to be really jelous of our Lexus's. Most of them are company cars so they only have the entry model and none of the options.

Maybe they will grow up and get a decent model soon. I also agree though that the other Lexus drivers on the road have a good rapor with each other, I've never had any problem's with them, it's nice to see them.

Andy

:bounce:

Originally posted by Andy_IS200

I also agree though that the other Lexus drivers on the road have a good rapor with each other, I've never had any problem's with them, it's nice to see them.

Andy

:bounce:

Good rapport yes, but still no one waves back at me :(

Good rapport yes, but still no one waves back at me

I saw a blue IS in-front down the Bath Road one day and thought - that must be claire. I drove "progressively" and caught up so I could wave madly but it definitely wasn't you - it was a bloke driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Again last night at 1:30am on the A3 into London, just before Esher...

Was doing 75 'cos all the trucks where flashing their lights.... so I thought there must be a copper.... didn't see though in the end.... probably because of this bemmer t*at!

So anyway, in the slow lane for once instead of glowing down the middle/fast with no traffic this time at night... in any case, nothing would normally be faster......

Then all of a sudden past a junction, a car joined about 100m behind, had his full beam on..... so I started flicking my rear fog on/off... eventually after about 5-10 flicks, it worked.... he was catching slowly, then as he got about 20m near, he was in the middle lane (typical no?), didn't know it was a beemer still 'cos I was blinded.... and switched them on again!!!!!! I was soooo ****** off, I really wanted to catch up and return the favour.... in the end, I did, for about 1/2 mile when he was still in front and no other cars.....

WHY??!!??? I Hate them so much....

Oh, sorry, it was a 325i (Silver, of course) convertible, driven by some nerdy looking Bloke, was hanging 2mm away from the steering wheel as well. I saw him again when we entered the 50mph zone. I caught up 'cos he was doing 30 then! and didn't look like he knew where he was going! Typical.....

Since BMW took over Rover and started building the Mini at Cowley you can not but fall over all the BMW's in this area. Initial comment to anyone driving a BMW must be 'you work at Cowley?'. Must be something to do with all the staff discounts.

Now more common than a Ford Mondeo - no longer the exclusive car it once was. I'm pretty sure in the next few years the residual values of 3 series will start to fall. Only thing is, then all those w**kers will start to buy IS's :(

I was driving down the M11 in my wifes Tigra at 95ish(officer) in convoy with 4/5 others spotted silver B*W coming FAST thought well so what its only two lanes and we're doing OK.

On came his main beam and the fatherless mother flashed me.. so close could just see his shades.....

dabbed my brakes and raised the middle digit.........dropped right off.........after a while I pulled over let him go by (still proceeding at a respectable rate....) was ready to give him the look but he was looking straight ahead.......watched him continue in the convoy..........

Must be the badge..........

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by javadude

Good rapport yes, but still no one waves back at me

I saw a blue IS in-front down the Bath Road one day and thought - that must be claire. I drove "progressively" and caught up so I could wave madly but it definitely wasn't you - it was a bloke driving.

Could quite possibly have been my husband. He's been dropping me into work and borrowing my car (feel a domestic coming on!!!). I'll instruct him to wave back next time :D

Ok folks, I have a confession to make a la Jerry Springer. I.....very.....nearly......got......a.......BMW 3 series......a.....little....while.....back:(

Ooh, the strain of that confession. I was offered one as a company car but in the end I turned the job down, started with my present company and fell in love with my Lexus.

Could have been a close shave though:o

ok as claire confessed so will i............

I went and test drove a 320Ci and even enquired about the bodykits. brought a couple of issues of a Beemer magazine.......... ok my reason- i like the beemers i admit it but i always liked the IS since i first saw it when it came out but never thought i would get insured and it was more expensive than the beemer........... how wrong i was.

only paying £500 more insurance over my £3000 S reg mitsubishi 1300GLX Colt that i been driving since i passed my test 2yrs and 1 week ago. got no no claims as i was on dads insurance til i got my own in may. now i pay £2348. yeah its a lot but not for a 19yr old with no no claims bonuses. considering Lloyds quoted me £11700 on the Lex

thanks direct line (there staff think im a "substance dealer"" that was wot they think i do when i rang up to tell them which car i was buying)

Clare - it's okay to admit these things ... like they say, it's better out of your system than in!!!

My wife very nearly bought a Beemer Compact in March ... and I was gonna let her do it too ( more fool me!) - but in the end she went for a Golf GTI c/w leather recaros ... and now she's so glad she did (and so am I):yes::yes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links