Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Car Thefts

last night/this morning our house was broken into through the back probably to get the keys to my lexus. My keys were in the pocket of my trousers upstairs but unfortunatly the guests that were staying last night left there car keys downstairs. Two cars were stolen, bmw 330ci and a golf tdi, they also took keys to an alfa romeo that fortunaly was in leeds at the time and is still there.

We were all asleep upstairs at the time and it happened about 2.30 this morning and was heard by a neighbour (but not us) but he thought it was me going to work.

Just letting people know to be extra carefull even when your at home!

just a thought but can we work out geographical locations where this is happening and maybe pin a map that way it gives an idea where the hotspots are that way it gives an idea whether the attack dogs are chained or loose :D

I don't think it was planned as they used a spade, a pitchfork (both from nextdoors garden) and a metal spike from some roadworks to get access to the house. If you were planning on robbing a house you'd take a claw hammer or a crowbar I would have thought

*****, glad you're okay mate, it's bad when they get to this point, I know a lot of people who've sold up when people have tried braking into their house to nick the car..

At the rate we're going they'll need CCTV on every street soon as nowhere will be safe - the scum who do this want shooting.

(Why is j e e z on the word filter?!)

yet again, another reason to have Tracker fitted .................. I'm going to be reviewing the group buy for it soon, as no one has really shown a certain positive interest in it ! :crybaby:

Just on this, I don't mean to ***** up Jims back but,  most breaks in happen at night and most people don't set there house alarms at night, get the picture?

I don't want to offend either. But house burglaries like this are all too common, day or night.

We had a spate of house burglaries were the offenders target house with high performance M/V's. the burglaries themselves were name "fishing rod " burglaries as the offender often used a fishing rod implement to put through the victims letter box and hook the keys that where left close to the door either on the stairs or porch way window ledge. (Sound familiar)

It's a myth that burglaries are only committed at night time. More and more burglaries carry out, what is known as a sneak-in, during the day when the occupier is on the premises. Most houses these days have upvc doors and most are left unlocked just to make it easier for the kids to come and go or the neighbour to pop in. OR BILLY THE BURGLARY TO WALK IN HAVE A GOOD LOOK ABOUT AND TAKE THE NEAREST SET OF CAR KEYS OR HANDBAG THAT HAS THE CASH, BANKCARDS IN, ECT. I know this wasn't the case this time but believe me it does happen. Am afraid these sum don't give a :tsktsk: about you or how hard you worked so you can afford the nice things in live.

I have to say sorry to Jim and his friends for what happen. But thanks for bringing this to all of our attention, sometimes we all need a little reminder.

Sorry for sounding off but you'd think i'd get used to hearing this all the time, well i do and it still :tsktsk: me off.

some good news at least, last night at 23.15 the bmw330ci (not diesel gord  :P ) was recovered in Ashton and someone was arrested. Helpt me sleep last night.

:D

Pls keep us all update as to what sentence that person gets

I don't think it was planned as they used a spade, a pitchfork (both from nextdoors garden) and a metal spike from some roadworks to get access to the house. If you were planning on robbing a house you'd take a claw hammer or a crowbar I would have thought

doesnt meen not planned

often ppl carry out burglaries knowing where they can access stuff to get into your house

as if they get caught walking down a street with a bar ppl tend to get asked questions

Think all of this is adversely affecting me. I was driving home earlier in the week and had a car follow behind me for about 5 miles or so. When it pulled in to our housing estate I got very nervous and phoned home. Luckily when I turned into our road it went straight past, or else the occupants would have been surprised to see my hubby waiting on the drive with a tyre lever!!!!!

some good news at least, last night at 23.15 the bmw330ci (not diesel gord  :P ) was recovered in Ashton and someone was arrested. Helpt me sleep last night.

Sentence ? - ur joking right ............. he'll be sweeping the streets for his punishment :angry:

Sentence ? - ur joking right ............. he'll be sweeping the streets for his punishment :angry:

More like sweeping drive-ways AGAIN.. :tsktsk: could do with some proper punishment!! :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links