Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Laser Detectors Remain Legal

star a

UPDATE 7th April 2005 The widely discussed Road Safety Bill has run out of time and failed The main features of the failed bill included:

Enabled roadside evidential breath testing Introduced graduated fixed penalties for speed limit offences

Banned speed enforcement detection devices Added three licence points to mobile phone offences.

Therefore all Speed camera and laser detection systems sold by Speeding.co.uk 100% LEGAL and look like been legal for a long time to come.....

(taken from www.speeding.co.uk)

i always wondered how they were gonna introduce evidential roadside breath testing, i dont fancy carrying a camic ( machine in police custody for breathalysing ) machine around in my pocket they weigh a ton.

now yheyve dissolved parliament there quite a few bills that have been put on hold until they win the next election, so they may re-introduce it if they win :crybaby:

i always wondered how they were gonna introduce evidential roadside breath testing, i dont fancy carrying a camic ( machine in police custody for breathalysing ) machine around in my pocket they weigh a ton

The kit is around (as I'm sure you know). Been random roadside breath testing in Australia for 20 odd years now. Just a matter of making the portable kit legal to use etc in the UK - where there's a will they'll find a way!

In my home town, they used to have a 'Booze Bus' with 10 - 15 coppers on board. They'd stop beside the road & set up shop for a couple of hours, stopping every car that passed. By the time word had got around they'd moved on. Made a serious impact on drink driving at the time.

Added three licence points to mobile phone offences.

Now that I like ............. I'll be issuing those with joy, annoys me when people drive whilst on the phone !!

i sooooo wish that there was a way that the public could report idiots who use them!

i sooooo wish that there was a way that the public could report idiots who use them!

Here here..... I loose count every morning the amount of tw*ts I see driving while very obviously on the phone (i.e. holding one). Proper car kits are not expensive !

i always wondered how they were gonna introduce evidential roadside breath testing, i dont fancy carrying a camic ( machine in police custody for breathalysing ) machine around in my pocket they weigh a ton

The kit is around (as I'm sure you know). Been random roadside breath testing in Australia for 20 odd years now. Just a matter of making the portable kit legal to use etc in the UK - where there's a will they'll find a way!

In my home town, they used to have a 'Booze Bus' with 10 - 15 coppers on board. They'd stop beside the road & set up shop for a couple of hours, stopping every car that passed. By the time word had got around they'd moved on. Made a serious impact on drink driving at the time.

im all for anything that will catch drink drivers.

Here here..... I loose count every morning the amount of tw*ts I see driving while very obviously on the phone (i.e. holding one). Proper car kits are not expensive !

Here here... that and front fog lights (which cost nothing to TURN OFF! :tsktsk:

In North Cyprus, members of the public can actually stop cars for traffic offences, and detain them untill a police officer comes along.

The member of the public then relay the facts, and presto :D

Banned speed enforcement detection devices Added three licence points to mobile phone offences.

What I find strange is that no one seems to complain about drivers that smoke and drive? :nuke::nuke: Surely they are not in full control of their car while smoking a cigarette in one hand?

:excl:

What I find strange is that no one seems to complain about drivers that smoke and drive?  :nuke:  :nuke:  Surely they are not in full control of their car while smoking a cigarette in one hand?

Ah one who would not only ban smoking in public places (I assume) would also have a total ban in cars as well :crybaby:

On a serious note there are some who are not in control of their cars without the assistance of moble phones, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, crisp packets, sandwiches, cans of coke etc :duh:

We could start a whole new thread on things that are potentially hazardous whilst driving?

:offtopic: I know but back to the point. See previous thread on if detectors are any good regardless of legality.

What I find strange is that no one seems to complain about drivers that smoke and drive?  :nuke:  :nuke:  Surely they are not in full control of their car while smoking a cigarette in one hand?

Difference with a ciggy is that you can still hold the wheel for most of the time, unlike a phone pressed to to your ear (although you can get done for eating a kit-kat I remember).

Bit of double-whammy for the government - how much tax does a chain-smoking, high-mileage driver contribute each year?

Also, if you banned it, smokers would get the DTs after a while and crash anyway :P

I'm not a smoker, but do have a phone (and a kit).

The thing that amazes me most is the number of drivers of very expensive motors who apparantly can't afford a hands-free kit :tsktsk:

Difference with a ciggy is that you can still hold the wheel for most of the time, unlike a phone pressed to to your ear (although you can get done for eating a kit-kat I remember).

Bit of double-whammy for the government - how much tax does a chain-smoking, high-mileage driver contribute each year?

Also, if you banned it, smokers would get the DTs after a while and crash anyway :P

I'm not a smoker, but do have a phone (and a kit).

The thing that amazes me most is the number of drivers of very expensive motors who apparantly can't afford a hands-free kit :tsktsk:

I'm sure if mobile phones were taxed in someway the government would change their tune.

Still daft that you can get a fine for eating an apple but not for smoking - but its all to do with the tax as you say. It just annoys me when I see drivers smoking.

BTW - Just filled up with Optimax- 91.2p litre!!! :duh: :duh: :sick:

In North Cyprus, members of the public can actually stop cars for traffic offences, and detain them untill a police officer comes along.

Technically that could be done here too couldn't it, as that essentially describes citizen's arrest (although if I am not mistaken you also need a witness)

Technically that could be done here too couldn't it, as that essentially describes citizen's arrest (although if I am not mistaken you also need a witness)

Scarface put me wrong here, but most "common" RT offences are still non-arrestable offences and therefore the "arrested" person could sue for damages against the member of the public who pinched them?

What's the legal history of Joe Public pinching Mr Motorist for such things?

Scarface put me wrong here, but most "common" RT offences are still non-arrestable offences and therefore the "arrested" person could sue for damages against the member of the public who pinched them?

What we need is Scarface's police ID badge thingy- that way we can intimidate and beat chavs up :D

I think a stick would be useful for when you see a driver on the phone - roll your window down and jab him in the phone with it - then when the police next see him he will have a nice phone imprint in his face :D

Well, most traffic offences are only dealt with by means of summons.

Only your more serious, drink driving, death by dangerous driving, etc are arrestable.

What I explained above wasn't a citizens arrest, it's just a member of the public providing evidence for the copper to report the driver for summons ..........

• 5 months later...

As Im looking to buy one of these laser/GPS speed detections gizmos, which would you folks suggest?

Scaface, would I be correct in thinking a cloaking device would be illegal?

Ive been looking at Road Angels & Snoopers. Any general comments advice appreciated. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links