Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Whats With Those Coloured Wrist Bands

Stu

The first ones I ever saw were yellow - and worn by some famous people.

There's also black and white ones, which represent racism, so I'm told.

No idea what the others mean, or who started it all :huh:

All I know is that my little bother buys one every week, snaps it and then buys another one the following week. He has been doing this for the past 5 weeks!! :lol: :lol:

They have all sorts written on them such as courage, bravery, patience etc...

I know that they started off as something to raise awaresness of racism and bullying. :question:

Weren't they for racism on football. I think there were people like Thiery Henry doing adverts for them to prevent racism with all the d-heads chanting monkey sounds when black people got the ball. Didn't it start with a game between England and Spain ? The Spanish were chanting when our black players got the ball as far as I remember.

Ok, found a huge list of different ones with meanings, but these are the charity ones:

Yellow - breast cancer

Blue - beat bullying

Blue & White or Violet & Black - Tsunami Relief

Black + White - Anti-racism

Red & White - Breast cancer

Teal - Ovarian cancer

Red - Aids

Pink - Breast cancer

Stu

Ok, found a huge list of different ones with meanings, but these are the charity ones:

Yellow - breast cancer

Blue - beat bullying

Blue & White or Violet & Black - Tsunami Relief

Black + White - Anti-racism

Red & White - Breast cancer

Teal - Ovarian cancer

Red - Aids

Pink - Breast cancer

Stu

Ohmigod. Give Stu the anorak :D

Ok, so the next question i'm gonna put to you is:

If you were going to wear one of these, which one would you pick, and (if you wish to tell) why?

Mine would probably be the yellow one, as it effects more people than most realise, i've not lost anyone to breast cancer, but i do know of a lot of families that have lost a mum/sister/wife/grandmother etc through it, and there's nothing worse than a kid growing up without their mum in my opinion.

Stu

Ok, so the next question i'm gonna put to you is:

If you were going to wear one of these, which one would you pick, and (if you wish to tell) why?

Mine would probably be the yellow one, as it effects more people than most realise, i've not lost anyone to breast cancer, but i do know of a lot of families that have lost a mum/sister/wife/grandmother etc through it, and there's nothing worse than a kid growing up without their mum in my opinion.

Stu

That question sounds like it's off Blind Date....which one would you pick and why, and that question goes to you number 1. :P

I don't know which one I would pick. I think there is a good reason why you should buy every one. I suppose if you can afford a Lexus, you SHOULD buy every one!! :hehe:

And the same question to No 2 Please Cilla! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reason why i ask, is that i had a hard job deciding which i would wear, and wandered what you lot would choose! They are all good causes IMO, but which is more needy?

Stu

I'm not thinking of them as a fashion accessory, those of you that have seen me will know that i don't take much notice of fashion! I can usually be found in a rugby shirt and jeans!

They are for a good cause, and i'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Stu

I have a yellow one which i've had for about 6 months.

The yellow one (which started the craze) is for cancer awareness. Actually its for Lance Armstrong Cancer awareness charity. To raise money for his charity and also raise awareness. For those that dont know, Lance Armstrong is the cyclist who has beaten cancer a couple of times, and still wins the tour de france lots of times. This is why it has Live Strong written on it. This is why lots of sportsmen wear this one.

IMO Cancer affects eveyone at some time. So to give money and raise awareness is a great thing.

All the Chavs wear them. Charity or not, their not fashionable and theny don't look good.

Agree with you entirely mate! OK for 10-15 year olds :P

I know it may be stating the bloody obvious, but if you are going to buy one of these things, buy it from a place where the money goes to charity, not in some scrotes pocket :duh:

All the Chavs wear them. Charity or not, their not fashionable and theny don't look good.

Agree with you entirely mate! OK for 10-15 year olds :P

I know it may be stating the bloody obvious, but if you are going to buy one of these things, buy it from a place where the money goes to charity, not in some scrotes pocket :duh:

now this site the money obviously doesn't go to charity but its worth a look just to chortle

http://www.britishwristbands.co.uk/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links