Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your Wierdest Food?

Now, I am something of a bon viveur (fat *****), I love my chop and neck oil and will try most anything, at least for a taster....

I've tried a few delicacies during the 9+ years I have been working in West Africa - Crocodile, antelope, all sorts of fish, snake, bush rat.....and some chop I couldn't recognise....

What's yours?

I can tell you what I didnt...

and that was in Tel Aviv - a local delicacy, which turned out to be a combination of a bulls Liver, Tongue, Tonsils and testicles..

Urgh, I hate Liver :)

Not a great deal I haven't had a go at - knowingly or otherwise. Had bulls testicles when I was in Spain about 6 years ago and alligator in a place in Nottingham about 3 years ago. Insects are OK, as long as they are either deep fried or smothered in Honey but they would not be my first choice on any given menu.

Generally, if it once lived or was part of something that did - I'll try it - with the exception of eggs - what a foul morsel they are :sick:

how about smoked cane mice?

ibex,warthog,antelope, thompson's gazelle, bustard, and the odd catfish( garden boy would help me catch those) ostrich + ostrich eggs, horse ( a regular at work and very nice) bit of shark + others i have forgotten about.

Through my travels with work I have tucked into some things I would really rather forget.... :sick: however, my list goes as follows:

Chicken Stomach - Foul...lol...get it!

Pig's Liver - The skin that covers it rather than the meat!

Pig's Intestines - Really made my stomach turn!

Pigs Ears - :sick:

Crows Feet - Probably the worst just for the way they look!

Sea Urchin - A tennis ball sized hard shell, all the spikes shaved down to make it look like a basket, the top cut off and a semi cooked egg thrown in with the raw insides. Then the theory is that the semi cooked egg will heat up and possibly cook the insides of the creature...that was a no by the way!! I felt so sick after that!!! :sick:

Dog - Yes I have been made to eat dog meat!

Monkey Brains - But this, I was actually able to turn down...thank *** I did!! You should have seen what it was served up in...just as nature intended...only, with the sunroof open! :lol::sick::sick:

P.S. None of you will be shocked to hear that most of the above was encountered during my many trips around the far east!

Through my travels with work I have tucked into some things I would really rather forget.... :sick: however, my list goes as follows:

Chicken Stomach - Foul...lol...get it!

Pig's Liver - The skin that covers it rather than the meat!

Pig's Intestines - Really made my stomach turn!

Pigs Ears -  :sick:

Crows Feet - Probably the worst just for the way they look!

Sea Urchin - A tennis ball sized hard shell, all the spikes shaved down to make it look like a basket, the top cut off and a semi cooked egg thrown in with the raw insides.  Then the theory is that the semi cooked egg will heat up and possibly cook the insides of the creature...that was a no by the way!!  I felt so sick after that!!! :sick:

Dog - Yes I have been made to eat dog meat!

Monkey Brains - But this, I was actually able to turn down...thank *** I did!!  You should have seen what it was served up in...just as nature intended...only, with the sunroof open!  :lol:  :sick:  :sick:

P.S.  None of you will be shocked to hear that most of the above was encountered during my many trips around the far east!

And those biscuit type things you were eating last time i went round your house.....

what topping was on them,they looked horrible. :lol::lol:

When I was in Belize we encountered some rather exquisite fodder.

Theres a particularly foul smelling flying insect, which is really a big green beetle, which spits at you when you go near it. I cant remember the name of the damn thing, but I know it tastes like warm rubber mixed with urine :crying: basically you pick these things up and drop them in boiling water for a bit until they stop swimming :lol: , then you snap the legs off and strip off the shell on its back exposing the meat, and you use its shell as a spoon. Like I said, tastes horid, but is pure protien and keeps you going until the next meal.

Ive also samples hedgehog. Wrap in mud and bake under your camp fire, gas mark 6 for 2 - 3 hours or until golden brown, take out, let cool for a bit. Then break away the mud which pulls the skin and spines with it, and away you go. Tastes a bit like pork, but a bit more oily.

Frogs can be nutritous (depending on variety - some are deadly poisenous).

Im rather partial to haggis, and a nice bit of Trip (with french onions and Chips) - MMMMMM - Yummy

And those biscuit type things you were eating last time i went round your house.....

Rice Cakes my good man! With Cheese and Red Pepper relish on top! :D

Rice Cakes my good man! With Cheese and Red Pepper relish on top! :D

mmmmm sounds nice! off to make a sandwich with peanut butter and bovril! luuuvvly

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links