Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hoodies - Should They Be Banned?

Should hoodies be banned in public places?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should hoodies be banned in public places?

• Yes - shoot the toerags
    • No - leave 'em alone, they are harmless kids
    • Errr - I wear them too
    • Don't care

My missus was in the Victoria Centre in Nottingham today, waiting to be served at one of the sandwich bars. A pair of youths, both with hoods up, one also wearing a cycle mask to cover more of his face, walked right up to the counter and bold as brass helped themselves to some canned drinks before promptly walking off as cool as cats. :ph34r:

Several of the customers pointed this out to the staff, who didn't want to know about it! :angry:

The shopping centre management have already said on TV that they have "no plans to ban hoods as we have adequate security patrols in the Victoria Centre"

Maybe they were all on their tea break?

They're wearing them to try and intimidate people and I think it should be deemed as threatening behaviour. The kids think it gives theem license to behave like thugs. The more the media go on about hoodies the more they'll wear them.

We should all encourage our older friends/ relatives to wear them, then the kids won't be seen dead in the things.

I wear hoodies ............ (though I never wear the hood UP)

shoot the fookers !  :angry:

As do i, and i often have it up in the winter, but its the way you walk and talk that intimidates people more than anything.....although there have been times when ive been walking in the winter months behind people and ive taken it off cause i know their getting uncomfortable... they dont bother me but i know it bothers others so shoot them down....Bluewater has banned them :)

I wear them myself. But only put the hood up when its cold or raining. I dont think its anything to do with the clothing. Its just the attitude of the little wowwypops. But as Mr Morse says one was also wearing a cycle mask. So this is just asking for trouble to let someone walk round wearing something to cover their face. Unless because they're more than likely teenage its probably to hide their bad acne. :hehe:

no style, no finesse, no class.

sheep like mentality.

the only people who can get away with it are boxers.

but as you quite rightly point out, its the associated look, attitude and stupid looking swagger that makes the hoody wearers look so crass.

In the MK Citizen this week on the front cover is the pics of two thugs just been found guilty of murdering a "friend", by beating him to death, leaving 99 injuries---they jumped on his head.

But what was really striking was the fact that they would have looked completely out of place in a suit........they looked like how you would expect a chav-like no- hoper-in-life to look like, all completed by the hoody!!!!!

The hoody is a uniform. :shutit: :yack:

Bless em they're only kids following fashion.

C'mon Pete, surely you don't believe all that hype do you?

Yes, hoodies are a fashion statement, but they are also an excuse for a ****head to prevent himself from being identified. Like the wowwypop with the bike mask that my missus saw today? where was that wowwypop's bike?

Bless em they're only kids following fashion.

Is that why 99% of the robberies, burglaries, snatches, car jacking's I deal with ............. everyday ....................

The victims give the descriptions, Hooded top ? :blink:

I sometimes wear hoody's its ideal walking hoome after a night out and staying at a friends house.

othertimes i wear it is when i go camping or if cold in a morning.

i dont see the problem with people wearing them in the slightest, they are useful, but i dont think it is a problem if people have to have their hoods down inside.

I think you have to be careful judging people by what they wear, it's the attitude rather than the attire.

I never forget an ex-boyfriend and I were walking back from a night out - he in leathers (was a biker) with tattoos and long hair (I was 16, he was early 20's and every parents nightmare!!). We were following behind a woman who kept looking backwards and kept crossing the road to make sure we weren't following an planning to mug her!!! I was horrified someone could be so intimidated by the way we looked.

I wear hoodies ............ (though I never wear the hood UP)

shoot the fookers !  :angry:

As do i, and i often have it up in the winter, but its the way you walk and talk that intimidates people more than anything.....although there have been times when ive been walking in the winter months behind people and ive taken it off cause i know their getting uncomfortable... they dont bother me but i know it bothers others so shoot them down....Bluewater has banned them :)

me too, but im in a professional career line, and have none of the traits of the stereotypical hoody wearer.

on friday's at work we have dressdown day, and i always wear my hoodie... get mocked alot, but its what i feel most comfortable in.

Its OK saying that theyre only kids following fashion but its only a fashion followed by thugs and they wear them to intimidate, knowing full well that their presence wearing a hooded top automatically makes us all aware of thier presence, but somewhat "scared" of them.

I say Balls to em.

If a motorcyclist has to remove his helmet at a filling station, so should anyone else remove a hoodie if asked to do so. Old people feel threatened by them, shopkeepers have to be careful, people darent say anything to them because they cant see their faces, so feel a little scared, which makes the individuals concerned feel bold as brass, plus the CCTV cant identify them. What a brilliant yet cunning plan - millions of pounds of CCTV and surviellance eqpt rendered completely useless, by a 20 pound item of clothing !

If they were true followers of fashion, they would have their hair spiked and 2 gallon of gel applied, so there would be no hoodies.

The hoodie is the preferred tool of the trade, just like the AK47 is the preferred weapon of the enemy :lol:

Bann em all from wearing them, make them illegal as they have no use whatsoever, and give anyone the legal right to smack em in the mouth if they think that someone "looks" shify.

i dont think they should be banned, i wear them and im harmless most of the time. i think its bad enough not being able to wear a cap and have a pint in the city centre. if hoodies get banned too, whats next? there are already some bars in manchester that refuse entry to anyone wearing rockport clothes or boots.

i agree something needs to be done about these rude boys and gals, like giving them a damn good kicking! i dont think banning hoodies is the answer.

Improving discipline in schools and the home, promoting traditional families and improving youth activity provision would do far more good than banning clothing.

the hoodies help with their patheticaly low self esteem.

Its almost their "hood of power" look at the little bitches when they dont have em on/or their caps and they are weak and pathetic little skinny runts.

I had about 4 of them running at me trying to escape a security guard in the glades in bromley a few months ago. they were not moving and neither was i. so i stopped and let them try and knock me over - but im 14 stone and they were about 9 stone!! do the math.

2 of the buggers hit the deck and the 3rd bounced off one and into the wall. security got them all bar one. when they took their hood off they all sulked and were very shy!!

as i made mention earlier its a uniform, its camouflage.

imagine a scenario where a group of youths is hanging on a street corner dressed in their chav clothes...............would you fell intimidated, unsafe and move to avoid them? Course you would.

Now the same scenario, but them all dressed in dapper suits----completely different atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then take that scenario further and have them discussing Plato, a cure for cancer, or adding value, instead of their hos, beatches, or wotevas.

they want respect? they ought to try that and see what happens :D

and while i`m in this dream world i`d like a million pounds and a recovered Kylie Minogue.

its a major shame that you can`t transfer diseases from australian pop princesses to hoody wearing :tsktsk:

imagine a scenario where a group of youths is hanging on a street corner dressed in their chav clothes...............would you fell intimidated, unsafe and move to avoid them? Course you would.

I wouldn't as it would give them the impression that they rule society,and to be honest if you do that i think it shows weakness on your part,though i can see how the elderly/young mums would think this way.

As long as they dont bother me/family/people i know, i wont bother them.

As long as they dont bother me/family/people i know, i wont bother them.

But Pete, remember your advantage over most of the people here .......

Your over 6'2" and fairly built :D .... notice the term "fairly" and not fat ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links