Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 350

Wow, looks very nice. Much nicer than it does in pictures.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I though the new IS was only coming with a diesel engine - the tacho had a 7k rpm redline, indicating a petrol engine?

I think from the front, looking back, it looks a bit 'alfa' ish- i think the 156 model crossed with the old IS200.

However, I still think it looks amazing, and I'm sure interior wise it wont dissapoint- I think the current model is very out dated. It would be nice to have steering wheel audio controls at last!

All said, I think I'm going to get one when released.

Just my 2p's worth.

J

half way t5hrough the "film", the car drove round a bend and i instantly thought.........

iddy biddy "face" and large a**e, and from that angle it didn`t look right at all :crying:

yes it does have the alfa rear.....would the famous clear lexus lights sort that?

Niraj where are you?

and although this is blasphemy its shape reminds me of a bmw..........maybe its the high flanks and sort of suqished up shape that makes it look like its be squeezed. :blink:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I though the new IS was only coming with a diesel engine - the tacho had a 7k rpm redline, indicating a petrol engine?

the video is of the IS350 , this will be the US replacement for the IS300

we will get the IS 250 petrol and IS220 deisel

Well if thats a top brass marketing decision they need their :tsktsk: heads examined.

A huge consensus of opinion is that Lexus suffers from a lack of the Type R/M3/AMG factor. So to supply an engine size that does not go up against BMW is going to bite them on the :tsktsk: big time.

Given the choice on petrol which would you buy? And why would they offer a choice in the GS and not the IS?

Wheres the CLarkson phwoar factor? (yes i know its not the image they want, but he does have an influence unfortunately :D )

Well if thats a top brass marketing decision they need their :tsktsk: heads examined.

A huge consensus of opinion is that Lexus suffers from a lack of the Type R/M3/AMG factor. So to supply an engine size that does not go up against BMW is going to bite them on the :tsktsk: big time.

Given the choice on petrol which would you buy? And why would they offer a choice in the GS and not the IS?

Wheres the CLarkson phwoar factor? (yes i know its not the image they want, but he does have an influence unfortunately :D )

did i not mention the IS 460 :whistling:

spy shots

did i not mention the IS 460 :whistling:

spy shots

yes, but it doesn`t specify whether it will be for the european market.....

altezza version here we come........... :angry:

I can't wait to see the fuel consumption figures for the IS460 :blink:

I think they should make a peddle powered hybrid for those 'rare' empty fuel tank emergencies so that you can still make it to the nearest petrol station

IS 460???!!!! Yes, please!

Surely Lexus have to market the IS350 here though - it just doesn't make sense to replace the current car with a smaller engined new version :crybaby:

Really like the interior of the new car, the exterior is still growing on me, might take a while. Still love my IS300 though.

Amanda

Surely Lexus have to market the IS350 here though - it just doesn't make sense to replace the current car with a smaller engined new version  :crybaby:

Really like the interior of the new car, the exterior is still growing on me, might take a while. Still love my IS300 though.

Amanda

i agree - when i test drive the IS250, it's really gonna have to make me go ultra weak at the knees before i even consider parting with my IS300! :winky:

That's the whole point of the new IS mate ....... it's LEXUS, and not Toyota .....

Lexus are now an individual name brand ...... there won't be an Altezza version of it !!

:D

That's the whole point of the new IS mate ....... it's LEXUS, and not Toyota .....

Lexus are now an individual name brand ...... there won't be an Altezza version of it !!

:D

actually they`ve been an individual brand name since 1989, but the actual cars involved was as a result of dealership vagaries in Japan and North America.

so the fact that there maybe a 460 coming does not mean its due for these shores, hence my allusion that we may only be able to get it on import eg like the days of the Altezza b4 TOyota was allowed to trade the Lexus brand name in Japan on a independant basis. :geek:

Surely Lexus have to market the IS350 here though - it just doesn't make sense to replace the current car with a smaller engined new version  :crybaby:

Amanda

i agree - when i test drive the IS250, it's really gonna have to make me go ultra weak at the knees before i even consider parting with my IS300! :winky:

same here - I was waiting for the 350 myself - Im not sure why they wont import it to the UK to be honest - Im sure they would have sold enough to justify it......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links