Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Great Club

Anees

As a contrast to the recent topic about shady dealings by certain LOC members I thought it would be nice to talk about all the positive dealings we have had with other members.

Most members seem to have a heart of gold and go out of their way to help each other - lets not forget that point!

1. Gordon (GORD) (and his mate Steve)

- A saint almost (:lol:)

- Without him I would have been screwed. My alloys were the wrong offset. He got them machined for me from his mate where I didn't have a clue.

- He helped me find my bodykit and got it painted for me and fitted

- Given me lots of great advice over the time I have known him and is always friendly

- Never has he profited from helping me, yet he is quick with a friendly word and a genuine person.

2. Geoffers (GEOFF)

- Has given up many hours of his time to help me with the sound on my Car PC and even wired up my Parrot Bluetooth kit.

- Has helped me career-wise too. (both in IT)

- Heart of gold and a shame he is no longer active on here.

- Never asked for a penny despite me offering on several occasions.

- A true gent and brave dealing with what he has to.

3. Colin P (COLIN)

- When I was struggling to find my Sat Nav housing Colin found one for me on sale at IS300.NET and offered to bring it back from the US when he visited earlier this year. I didn't need it in the end - but a great guy and friendly.

4. Brettster (Brett)

- Met me at 1.30am to give me his 7" TFT Monitor when I urgently needed one after my original one blew up!

5. Wheels-in-motion (Tony Bones)

- Never met the guy but he help me get my geomety right over the phone and made sure the place I took it too did a good job.

6. Loads of other guys. A member even sent me an IS200 Sat Nav DVD so that the Sat Nav system I was selling on eBay was complete. Never asked for a penny.

Everyone else has been superb too - but these are the people I have most dealt with.

A GREAT CLUB and probably better then the car!!

I agree with you there Anees.

All the members i've had dealings with have been top people. I've had help with anything and everything. From cars to computers.

Lets not let the very small minority ruin it for others. If someone gets ****** over or ripped off in anyway, i think others should be notified so it doesnt happen to them.

The majority of people on here are great people, friendly and always willing to help. :D

I agree with you!!!

This club is legendary !!!!!!

All the times i have had a problem with my Lex, not that there has been many, someone from here has helped out!!!!

Special thanks to Mister Scarface for helping me to get a new mirror glass, even though the guy skanked me in the end! But you helped out a great deal!!!!

Jason :P

Chairman Monster

He's given me advice and free TOM's panelfilter! from day one when I was looking for an altezza - even nearly got him to buy one for me!

Zee

Recent discussions with him and his very generous offer (still haven't come off yet)

Altezzaz (Alex)

Again let me drive his altezza back in the day. Gone to scoob territory I hear.....

Mr Singh

Offering advice about stereos while back and general altezza brotherly love.......

AltezzaScott

has been helpful (although he drives a hard bargain though!!!)

1. Gordon (GORD) (and his mate Steve)

-  A saint almost (:lol:)

- Without him I would have been screwed. My alloys were the wrong offset. He got them machined for me from his mate where I didn't have a clue.

- He helped me find my bodykit and got it painted for me and fitted

- Given me lots of great advice over the time I have known him and is always friendly

- Never has he profited from helping me, yet he is quick with a friendly word and a genuine person.

Gotta agree with you there. He helped me fit my DVD and screens, working patiently with me cos I didnt have a clue what I was doing. Even met me one night, got my screens and took them to a place in Manchester the next day to get them fitted into the headrests for me. And he even let me crash in his tent at JAE. Top bloke Mr Gord :driving:

This is a good thread, there are loads of people on here who have helped me out with the car at some point, too many to name but they know who they are, most recently Gord has been an absolute saint and I've been up to Steve's place a lot too, Mat Clawley, Zee, Chris Shipley and Mick, Dave Ellen, Mark @ TDI, Rob Fluff, Barrie, SteveAudioX, Pete (Scorpion), Colin Barber, Tony @ WIM, Paul (Fargo), the other Gordon (GRiM) and of course I can't forget Mr Dave Best for organising the recent collection and also everybody who donated in that thread - I still need to send PMs so I haven't forgotten!

Here they are:

dave ellen

tony,wheels inmotion

gord

amh

mr morse

wosket-

tony goose

myself-

jollifee

marcus

anees

T7RYB.

mr H-

abbie-

maz-

bobski-

rillo.

steve walter

billy bandit.

ad77

claire G -

mark TDI -

pete jenkinsalex,jdm parts guru

There's still loads I've not mentioned here, so thanks people, like Steve says, it's the members that make the club and we're lucky to have such a great memberbase here on LOC :)

Chairman Monster

He's given me advice and free TOM's panelfilter! from day one when I was looking for an altezza - even nearly got him to buy one for me!

Zee

Recent discussions with him and his very generous offer (still haven't come off yet)

Altezzaz (Alex)

Again let me drive his altezza back in the day. Gone to scoob territory I hear.....

Mr Singh

Offering advice about stereos while back and general altezza brotherly love.......

AltezzaScott

has been helpful (although he drives a hard bargain though!!!)

:blush::shifty:

Nice post Anees :D thats not just coz my name's it it :lol: i have got to know a few members on here (you know who you are :D ) and this is a fantastic club to be in (part of) you have all been very helpfull over the time ive known you all, i like to think that we will all help each other when we can, as we did with aido :D well done to everyone :winky: but i had dealings with a loc member (after i helped him out) nearly lost £400 :duh: with the help of loc members i got it in the end. now it has come to light from the pm's im getting, and oli's post that it is the same member :angry: PLEASE DONT DEAL WITH HIM . keep up the great work members as will i :D just my 2p worth

I have to Agree with the above posts, this is my 2nd home, its such a great club because of its great members. too many names for me to list have helped me in the past, and I want to say a GREAT BIG THANKYOU to you ALL :)

even if i didnt have a Lexus I would still want to be part of this club as its alot more than just a Lexus Club to me.

Likewise....... :D

I'm not going to go through the whole load of names of people who have given me help and advice since I joined in Dec 2004, other than to say thanks, you know who you are and not to feel guilty about advising me how to part with my money :lol:

the forums can bring out the worst in people

they can also bring out the best in people

happily the LOC seems to bring out more good than it does bad

and i think it is what keeps people here, even after changing to other brands

i could spend hours writing lists, but the people who help know who they are,

they do it not for recognition, but solely because they want to help.

as i have said before its the friendships which have bloomed from these forums which astound me, a few years back i didnt know where the midlands were, now i can count on having many friends from there, friendships which go beyond lexus and cars

there is allways someone who thinks more of himself than others and its these type of people who will suffer for it in the end,

trust and honesty the two most important ingredients to life

luv ya all

some a little more

some a little less :D

I also would thank all the peeps who helped me out since i join, i have to say upto now i found that 99% of the LOC peeps are very nice people :) :) :) , never had once i find anyone that is nasty, but like every other forums there will alway 1 or 2 nasty peeps who tried to ruin the fun for everyone else.... ;) ;) :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

great thread!

there are many many top blokes here on LOC and a couple more I can think of who don't post now due to various reasons which is a great shame (GRiM and Geoffers)

over my time on LOC there have been many people who have helped me with various things but the two i'd single out are Matt and Mr Singh!

as mentioned, on forums like this you always get the odd tit which is a shame, but, that's life!

right, when's the next meet then (has to be a saturday or sunday tho!) :D

the forums can bring out the worst in people

they can also bring out the best in people

happily the LOC seems to bring out more good than it does bad

and i think it is what keeps people here, even after changing to other brands

what he said............. i think after the venting of today, makes me think twice about leaving the lexus brand......

:)

even though the guy skanked me in the end!

:blush: Thanks mate !

But can we just clarify ... that you mean the guy who was "meant" to sell you the mirror shanked you ......... and not me ! :lol:

How about everyone i know or have met/spoke too. :D

Apart from the member(nob) who borrowed a front bumper and has not returned it since he borrowed it last oct/nov and hasn't been seen on here since,and to top it all i cant remember his name...........W :tsktsk: ER!!!!

MY FAULT FOR TRUSTING HIM I S'POSE,BUT A VALID LESSON LEARNED FOR THE FUTURE. :blush:

even though the guy skanked me in the end!

:blush: Thanks mate !

But can we just clarify ... that you mean the guy who was "meant" to sell you the mirror shanked you ......... and not me ! :lol:

You know what i mean :lol:

He screwed us both over, so to speak :whistling::lol:

LOC as certainly proved more than just a club to me, there are members on here that without their help, alot of it, the car would be scraped by now, but thanks to them, the car is GOING to be repaired (their words).

It's not very often you here his name being mentioned - Rob aka Jobjonk, thanks to this chap, he has brought the turbo's in with other parts to save on the costs and payments AND has found a garage in his home town to fit them for me - WOW.

Alex aka JDMParts Guru, sourced the replacements for me and had them flown over thanks to Rob and alot of other members have offered to help in repairs of the exsiting turbo's in some way or other.

The best way I can think of saying thanks is to get the car lookng better than before and this will be my way of remembering them and saying thanks.

Gives you a warm feeling inside to be part of something that is not very common now-a-days, being part of a very large family.

THANK YOU LOC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links