Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Club Meet Pic In Hk

thought u guys might be interested ... heres a pic (bad quality phone pic .. sorry) at our club meet in hk ... it was rainin pretty hard so a bit dark and grey ...

we usually have around 20-25 cars ... but less this time due to the bad weather.

Note the mono/gray scale colors of our cars!... none of our blue & yellow members showed up.. :P

btw, our club is a joined club of IS & Altezza.....

clubmeet.jpg

Looks great, wish I could go to one of these meets!

So what is the big thing in terms of modifications over there now then?

Looks like a few of the cars have the blue lights in that pic?

How come the cars are all white, silver or black?

Are the the colours such as Blue, Green, Red, Aztec Fire etc not as popular?

Because White is the most common / popular colour in Japan ........... ;)

white is pretty much the most common colour for jap cars over in HK, including Accords, altezzas, Integras etc...

I hardly see any other colours apart from black, white, silver and a couple of yellow ones.

There are altezzas EVERYWHERE. Wherever you look you'll see so many of them!

Very well organised - take note ScarFace!

Bernard, where was the meet? Its not Happy Valey Race Course car park is it :question:

D

Hey D,

Interestin u mentioned that .... it is a race course car park ... but not happy valley! its the one in shatin!!.... too bad u can't see it cos the ground was so wet .. but they were usin the carpark to drift prior to the pic :P

Looks great, wish I could go to one of these meets!

So what is the big thing in terms of modifications over there now then?

Looks like a few of the cars have the blue lights in that pic?

its kinda funny, cos the moddin culture is very different than compared with the UK. There is not a single TTE compressor install in HK at all... 1 cos we can't get the kit short of payin an arm and a leg + the 1st born .... 2, there is a worry that the resale value would get hit hard due to the fact that ppl don't know much about that kit ...(hence the side effects/maintainability).

the blue fogs are just the polarized lens converted to a blue color. When we order the fogs, we can basically choose which color lens we want. I personally think the yellowish ones look great in contrast with the blueish/white HIDs....

Usually the most popular mods are light flywheel, uprate FD gear, suspension/struts/brace/bars, full exhaust (headers, decat thru to n-class muffler), brakes, and engine/oil cooling etc.

How come the cars are all white, silver or black?

Are the the colours such as Blue, Green, Red, Aztec Fire etc not as popular?

actually u can't see it very clear in the pic, but there are 2 granite skys parked three ..... blue and yellow are also very popular. Altho for some reason none of those members showed up this time! I've actually never seen (with my own eyes) a red IS or Altezza in HK ...

Looks ace!

Is that you second from the right on the back row Bernard?

Good eye Zee :D

wahhh

I didn't see any altezza in HK :(

I saw some FTO's but no IS or tezza

Do you have more pics Bernard? Some of the owners? some of the white with carbon bonnet?

Where do you buy all your bits from?As the noly place I know of is in wong kok or some of the places advertised in optionfans mag (tomato or something??)

I miss hongkong.....................

here r some more pics ....

regarding the parts .... the "shops" are only the tip of the iceberg .... usually ppl dont buy from the shops, we just go ask our friends who work at the garages to order for us, cos then we can get it as distributor prices :D

pics of owners .. hehe.... next meet, I'll make sure we get some !! even if i have to tie them down... :P

IMG_9647.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

regarding the parts .... the "shops" are only the tip of the iceberg .... usually ppl dont buy from the shops, we just go ask our friends who work at the garages to order for us, cos then we can get it as distributor prices  :D

pics of owners .. hehe.... next meet, I'll make sure we get some !! even if i have to tie them down...  :P

IMG_9647.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

Whens the next meet then, over there from Friday for quite a while..........

Whens the next meet then, over there from Friday for quite a while..........

u just missed this one... which was last weekend. We usually have at least 1 ... sometimes 2 meets per month. so if u will be around for the entire sept, then u will get a chance to go to at least 1!

i'll let u know once i hear more! (will give u a headsup ..)

with that first photo you can play spot the gyppo's with no sunroof :) my favorite game

Impressive tho, what do you do when your there? (mostly donuts i bet :) )

Never been to a lexus specific meet, plenty of cruises in my time. Fed up of them now tho, is the "meet" atmosphere different usually?

regarding the parts .... the "shops" are only the tip of the iceberg .... usually ppl dont buy from the shops, we just go ask our friends who work at the garages to order for us, cos then we can get it as distributor prices  :D

pics of owners .. hehe.... next meet, I'll make sure we get some !! even if i have to tie them down...  :P

Hmm.......... now to find these friends who work in garages!!

Must be a bit of a nightmare with parking and such as roads are a 'bit' congested. Do many people drive to the cities and park? Are there multistory carparks about? As most of my relatives don't own cars etc and normally reserved for the rich :P and I wanted to get an idea of car ownership there.

with that first photo you can play spot the gyppo's with no sunroof :) my favorite game

Never been to a lexus specific meet, plenty of cruises in my time. Fed up of them now tho, is the "meet" atmosphere different usually?

actually... its great... we usually meet up at the same place ... hang around for an hour ... chattin .. checkin each other's engine bays and parts ... pretendin to be know how everythin works... and real manly in front of the chics .. etc etc

then go for lunch or dinner ..... and go for an event ... usually.... cruisin/0-100/driftin or something related .......

its all fun... the environment is really friendly, and get to know tons of ppl (good for sourcin second hand parts too!) Usually find some really smart ppl too, cos mostly enthusiasts turn up ...

What do you think this is ? lol .............. barry boys R us ?

@ LOC meets we all get together, chat .... eat ... drink, have a laugh ... joke ... and all look at what else / new we have done to our cars ! No on actually get's in the cars and drives them .... or sits there revving there engine!

You need to obviously come to a few LOC meets .............. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links