Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Whats The Secret

Use a microfibre glass cleaning cloth - John Lewis do a double pack which has a very fine twill, this is very important.

Spray the rear window very lightly (very very lightly) with a plant mister, put the cloth over the front side of your hand, i.e. nails towards the glass and wipe the window.

Repeat using the second clean cloth.

ps It heps to remove the head restraints.

IMHO this is the WORST part of detailing the car :sick:

I've never had to clean the back window on mine - it's always been clean - in fact the only window I have to clean the inside of is the front, and that is very rare, I've maybe done it once?!

Do you guys smoke or something?

I've never had to clean the back window on mine - it's always been clean - in fact the only window I have to clean the inside of is the front, and that is very rare, I've maybe done it once?!

Do you guys smoke or something?

Try wiping it over with a kitchen towel - it'll come out dirtier than poking your middle digit down the crack of your arse!

At last someone that found a way to explain something in a way I understand :lol: That must mean it's spotless then seeing as I've got a pressure washer!

I shall give it a go next time I'm at my mum's mate :D

Use a microfibre glass cleaning cloth

put the cloth over the front side of your hand, i.e. nails towards the glass and wipe the window.

ps It heps to remove the head restraints.

IMHO this is the WORST part of detailing the car  :sick:

Exactly how i do it :)

It's difficult enough to clean the rear window, especially behind the rear break light, but now I have a dead moth stuck down there! :angry:

Hope this picture works:

post-9721-1125438959.jpg

Don't know how well you can see but the bug is the big white blob in the middle of the picture. How do I get that out of there, then :question::huh:

Nightmare to clean these windows, had them tinted recently, the guy was struggling and he been tinting for 20 years :blink:

I employ a Female Contortionist to get right in the corners :lol:

thank G*d there tinted, don't notice it now :D

Tried that, I can't actually get the end of the vacuum cleaner close enough to suck the bug out. It seems to be jammed between the parcel shelf and rear window too. I think I'm going to have to take the parcel shelf out!

Tried that, I can't actually get the end of the vacuum cleaner close enough to suck the bug out. It seems to be jammed between the parcel shelf and rear window too. I think I'm going to have to take the parcel shelf out!

What about a blowing it out with a hair-dryer ?? I suppose blowing is the only other alternative to sucking ?? :P

Wire coat hanger with insulation tape wrapped tightly round it so you don't scrape the window, then try and poke it out and have the hoover to hand for when it's nearly out so you can suck it out the rest of the way

If your good enough you should be able to stand outside of the car and poke your hand inside with the hanger so you can see what you are doing through the window!!!!

Wire coat hanger with insulation tape wrapped tightly round it so you don't scrape the window, then try and poke it out and have the hoover to hand for when it's nearly out so you can suck it out the rest of the way

If your good enough you should be able to stand outside of the car and poke your hand inside with the hanger so you can see what you are doing through the window!!!!

Blimey - you must have long arms !! :D

What about holding a magnifying glass outside the window, direct the sunlight onto the moth until it burns into ashes, and then suck out the ashes ? :P

what about a can of compressed air? - You can blast the moth with O2 at 6,000,000 psi and it will disintergrate into a bazillion pieces !! or.................

Call the Moth Undertakers - They will arrive and take away the body for you and leave no mess.

I have a spider in my rear reg plate light housing as well as the drivers mirror. Don't know where he hides though because I've never seen him.

Managed to reach the area with a piece of cardboard flat against the window as it was lowered down. Rather than pushing it out it only succeeded in squashing the moth into my parcel shelf. Now it doesn't look like a dead moth at least, just like it's dirty.

I need to take off the rear brake light to clean that area now. Anyone have any instructions on how to do this? The appears to be the bottom of a bolt in the boot but I can' unfasten this without access to the top which is inside the breaklight!

• 1 month later...
It's difficult enough to clean the rear window, especially behind the rear break light, but now I have a dead moth stuck down there! :angry:

Hope this picture works:

post-9721-1125438959.jpg

Don't know how well you can see but the bug is the big white blob in the middle of the picture. How do I get that out of there, then :question:  :huh:

How odd.. I have a bug in exactly the same place. I think I'll be 'borrowing' a can of compressed air from work tomorrow.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_...pressed_air.jpg

That should do the trick! :)

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I always remove the headrests and the brake light from mine when I'm cleaning the rear window. To remove the brake light insert a flat blade screwdriver underneath it at both ends and prise upwards.

I also find that a roll of wide masking tape is handy to use the sticky side to pick up any dirt from the parcel shelf where it meets the bottom of the rear window as this area is too tight to get the nozzle from the vaccum cleaner in to clean it properly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links