Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Does Everyone Do For A Living Then?

waddy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a Rigger/sootie (airframes/engines) on ch47 chinooks firts line at RAF Odiham for the past 5 years, before that anything that i could make money at.

@grafter Are they making st athan MOB again or are thay shutting it all together?

Jock - not entirely. The government is doing its latest batch of "lets get rid of the cuivil servants" again!! By April 2007 the base should be entirely RAF/ARMY with civilian private companies in the hangars doing aircraft work (yeah right!!). Should be no MOD civies left. :crying: Apparently there will be 300 or so left on the VC-10s but they're aiming at selling the contract before 2007. Another one for BAe me finks :crybaby: I take it your RAF then? Anything going up your way for civies? :D

Started working 2 weeks ago as Business Development Manager - West Africa for a US company involved with providing IT / satellite comunications services to the oil & gas industry.

Been in Lagos for the past 5 days without connectivity, but at least it's hot here!

Just in the Air France lounge at Lagos airport waiting for my sweet bird of freedom

I run a Vegetarian Cafe called 'ROYCE ROLLS Wholefood' in the centre of Bristol. This is my 26th year and I'm trying to retire gradually (will pass the business on to my trusty lady manager.)

You can find us on the net I think, though I don't have a site.

We are, apparently, the oldest Veg Cafe outside of London!

We do very tasty food; I'm more concerned with the quality than the profit margin.

The name? Well, the Rolls are my own special recipe, and, years ago a stoned friend said "these are the best rolls in the world!! You should call them 'Royce' rolls."....a bit more mundane than John Lennon's 'flaming pie' story aboout Beetles/Beatles....? (I went to school with George and Paul!)

D.J.s?? Well, I WAS one once, in the 60s in Liverpool and Manchester.

John Peel and I....whatever became of him?

I still spend too much on Hi-Fi and music. One of the major reasons for the LS400 was the Hi-Fi!!

Been around the world. Love Spain.

Live with my partner Carole in mid-age contentment (except when I get an itch to move up to an LS 430.....)

:geek::driving:

an electronic engineer designing equipement for car tire pressure monitors eg tpms.

In the US soon all new cars have to have them fitted as standard and bearing that in mind I am now developing a handtool that can interogate each sensor and get the ID etc then pressure and temperateure of air in the tire.

From this hand tool we have to morph it into something that can be sold as an aftermaret system.

Fun to be had as I tend to visit a lot or car plants and developement centers.

Prescription drugs. I analyse the records of UK and US patients to identify how drugs are being used to treat people in real life. You'd be surprised at how many doctors use a drug to treat a condition that the drug was not developed for!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links