Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Black Top Conversion

yasar31

I am thinking of converting my is200 to a BEAMS black top. Has this conversion been done before? My mate is also thinking about swapping a BEAMS black top his 1996 Celica as it is bascally the same engine as the standard GT but far more advanced. Does anybody know if this conversion has been done as well?

Surely easier to sell the IS and buy a Tezza :question:

By the time you get a BEAMS and swap it out with all the work and then have a 1G-FE engine left over that you don't need. Seems like a lot of work.

Agreed that the 3S-GE has a lot more potential than the 1G-FE, add a blower and off you go, adios blown IS :D

Thanks for the reply guys. How much dearer is the insurance for the RS200 compared  to the standard IS200?

Any1 got any ideas?

Insurance for the RS200 would be about the same as for a S/C IS. Like Fluff says actual amount would depend on circumstances.

beams (cant remember what it stands for) is the series of engines that are/have been fitted to the altezza and to various other models of toyotas, eg celica.

there are 2 version a black top and red top ( refers to the colour of the cover)

the black top had about 210bhp and with dual VVTI red top was about 200bhp and only had single VVTI

beams (cant remember what it stands for) is the series of engines that are/have been fitted to the altezza and to various other models of toyotas, eg celica.

there are 2 version a black top and red top ( refers to the colour of the cover)

the black top had about 210bhp and with dual VVTI  red top was about 200bhp and only had single VVTI

Rob...beams engines are no different to any other toyota engine, all it means is in japan that they are vvti

BEAMS is nothing, its just a name that toyota put on there vvti engines in japan, same as vauxhall use ecotec...etc etc

you can even get 1g-fe engines with a BEAMS tag

so, to round up, BEAMS isnt anything special

thanks Mat,

i was confused alot when the first post says something about it being "more advanced" ? anyway... at least i know now :)

Personally if u wanna go big power which I've been looking at for the future get an is300, then turbo. All depends on what you want.

I know prolex have got something in the pipe line, or theres a company in the US http://www.pfsupercars.com/ they've got stages 1 - 3 starting at 340 bhp at the flywheel up to over 600bhp at the rear wheel.

Its all on what you want and more importantly what you can afford.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links