Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Work Too Hard?

tdiplc

ahhh - the beauties of being self employed

:D

tend to work really, really hard when in contract - eg last week was *** knows how many hours, nearly 1000 miles travel, being in Warrington, Newcastle and Nottingham.

This week is Birmingnham, Warrington back to Brum Thursday, then Warrington Friday.

BUT

when I finish the contract, tend to take a really good amount of time off - three or months at a time.

Sometimes mean I only work 9 months out of the year.

Makes it all worth while.

mmmmmmmmm <_<

37 hours a week !! for firm of local govt consultants.....

getting ready for retirement :blink:

My days of loads of hours have long gone......BUT if I was s employed it would be diferent,,,,,,,,my lot charge £72.50 an hour for me...........I get nothing like that :ph34r:

Its having the b*lls to go on my own.........

For work 37.5 hrs officially (as a Java Developer) but I do more at home when dead-lines are approaching or I'm working on something especially interesting. I don't know why when there is no overtime, bonuses or payrises!

For the church (I'm an elder of an independent baptist church) it varies but some weeks it can be 7-10 hrs if I'm very busy. That's unpaid though.

:D

As an Engineer for Rolls-Royce I get paid for 37 hours a week but usually do just over 40. I also have my own business, about 20 - 25 hours a week on that I suppose so somewhere in the region of 60 -70 a week.

You can never do too much for a good company

:D :D :D

OK :D BT Engineer 36hrs ( if you can call it work) :blush:

The European Workingtime Directive is for no more than 47 hrs over an 18 week rolling period. The slip you sign to opt to work longer hours;runs out soon, and we will all be tied to the maximum 47hr week. Funny that Britian is the only country that makes you want to work longer hours!!! :ohmy:

Army........lol

24hrs a day...365 days a year.....lol yeah,thats what your tax goes to pay at a measly £2.50 an hour.........

however run my own business/Workshop/garage after work..always work from 6:30 till whenevr the jobs done...normally 22:00 hrs or later

do alot of custom work but most is either accident damage or sericing minor engine/g-box repairs

built 3 feature cars...building another at the mo

Do the people that do huge hours get paid hourly or get overtime ?

It seems to me that (excluding Europe) people tend to work until the job is done regardless of pay. I know that in my firm and in many others that there is a culture of responsibility towards the customer, and an awareness that if the customer is not happy and walks away - you're history.

Do the people that do huge hours get paid hourly or get overtime ?

It seems to me that (excluding Europe) people tend to work until the job is done regardless of pay. I know that in my firm and in many others that there is a culture of responsibility towards the customer, and an awareness that if the customer is not happy and walks away - you're history.

Which is absolutely right in a customer focused environment, although I think that you should be rewarded for that performance. Are you on a bonus related to customer sales/resales/retension ?

I've always understood that the European attitude to people working excessive hours is that either they are not performing their job adequately, or they are being badly managed (i.e. un-realistic demands).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links