Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Am I Drawn To This?

Kazi

what size is it?

Or is it the 750?

I had an 850 coupe, but after spending £000s on little repairs every two weeks, I traded it for my LS400.

The Beemer DOES look good; sure it's mean looking and shiny.....but you're INSIDE it...that's where it loses out to the LS!

The Lex is every bit as good as the BMW, in fact, much better in the suspension area. Beemer may be set as a 'drivers car', but just HOW often do you want to be flying about around corners? I find it much more preferable to have a cushioned ride on journeys, than to be rumbling about, - and the Lex holds the road very well too, it's remarkably well balanced and you shift across country a lot more effortlessly than one can imagine!

The acceleration, etc is much the same (the Lex CAN go if pushed in ''Sport' mode!) And the Lex doesn't go wrong anywhere like as often. I am friendly with an independent Beemer garage, and they do steady work.

My Lexus mechanic friend tells me they don't have enough mechanical work! Just servicing and maintenance..wear and tear stuff!

You only fancy it 'cos you've got habituated to the Lex?

I get that way too.

Want to buy my Ser 3 LS? Probably as good/better than the Beem....I've got a Ser 4 too....

I can't picture owning anything else now. Everything else is 'less' somehow.

(And the stereo is much better!)

:driving:

Until now, ive never thought of trading my car, and then I stumbled upon this.........blimming gorgeous!

Proper gangster.... :D

Its a 728i so not the mother of all engines. Has FSH, lowish milage and as its a 7 series on a R plate, lots of added extras!

M....u.....s.......t..................resist................temptation!!!!

My dad had a brand new one of those a few years back with 17" OZ ceres wheels with a huge dish on them. It was the 728i too. He never had any probs with it but lets face it.............IT'S STILL A BMW!!!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

BTW He still has the wheels with good tyres if your interested!!! :lol:

its a BMW.....

why not get a GS

Not a major fan of the previous Gs's, although I do like the new one. This 7 series just looks mean thats all....

my mum looks mean... but you wouldnt wanna buy her would you :lol:

My dad looks mean and smokes B&H too.. but you wouldnt wanna buy him!

If you are gonna go big do it with the bigger engine mate.. make it worth while.

What do ya reckon?

NAZI STAFF CAR

post-8021-1134656896.jpg

Thats a bit harsh...... :crybaby:

Idealy I would have been better with a 3+ engine in but Im thinking of petrol costs.....im just about to get an insurance quote now..... :blush:

£1,100 fully comp was the first quote I got.......... :)

Also like the one off the first Transporter Movie.

I had a beemer 5series alpina that i loved dearly (especially as the old duffer who sold it to me sold it as a 525i) and it would quite easily outpower and outperform the GS without problems and to be honest i would have another but i would never think of not having a lex as well.

the 7 series is a nice motor but personally i think the lex is more original i still hate seeing the plastic bumpered bmw's around as i thought it demeaned the marque. At the end of the day its a personal choice i know the benefits of both and i would go for a lex every time for some of the reasons previously listed and for having something that not everyone on the block has got.

I had a beemer 5series alpina that i loved dearly (especially as the old duffer who sold it to me sold it as a 525i) and it would quite easily outpower and outperform the GS without problems and to be honest i would have another but i would never think of not having a lex as well.

the 7 series is a nice motor but personally i think the lex is more original i still hate seeing the plastic bumpered bmw's around as i thought it demeaned the marque. At the end of the day its a personal choice i know the benefits of both and i would go for a lex every time for some of the reasons previously listed and for having something that not everyone on the block has got.

All points taken, although not everyone on the block has a 7 series. Im going to give it some serious thought to over the weekend. If I trade mine in against it Id have change and its done less miles than my IS. I am still thinking, yeah, but its not a Lexus........

Mention BMW to people who ask what you drive and they just shrug their shoulders as its more common than a Mondeo. Don't think id have a 3 series unless M3, I jsut love this particular model! :crybaby:

All points taken, although not everyone on the block has a 7 series. Im going to give it some serious thought to over the weekend. If I trade mine in against it Id have change and its done less miles than my IS. I am still thinking, yeah, but its not a Lexus........

Mention BMW to people who ask what you drive and they just shrug their shoulders as its more common than a Mondeo. Don't think id have a 3 series unless M3, I jsut love this particular model! :crybaby:

Well, get the 740 iL then! But the LS 400 is as good...and comes in black! :zee: :ph34r:

Kazdul,

Lovely car, especially dechromed. 7 series are wonderful cars. I test drove a 750iL on a S plate recently, and it was phenomenal. Ride and handling are amazing for such a big car. The V12 just hummed! Get a Sport spec if possible (a genuine one where they even change the final drive ratio on the gearbox to make it a bit quicker as well adding the sports seats and sports suspension). It should say SPORT as part of the model on the V5.

Go for it, if you fancy a change. Avoid the 728i, as it's a HEAVY car to shift. Go for 740i or 750i, as recent as possible. I think 1999/2000 models onwards had good standard specs.

Variety is the spice of life...

Cheers Maneesh,

Ive not had alot of encouragement thus far! :P If I do change, think I would go for a bigger cc. Spoken to my dad who has a BMW and says the same, lot of weight to shift etc etc.

At the moment its looking less likely, all my buddies are very sceptical and echo the thoughts of many members on here, "Yeah, but its a bit of an anti climax....after a Lexus"

Who knows....

Cheers Maneesh,

Ive not had alot of encouragement thus far! :P  If I do change, think I would go for a bigger cc. Spoken to my dad who has a BMW and says the same, lot of weight to shift etc etc.

At the moment its looking less likely, all my buddies are very sceptical and echo the thoughts of many members on here, "Yeah, but its a bit of an anti climax....after a Lexus"

Who knows....

'So much desire in the world today

so much of everything you can't give it away,

You could be happy but you're feeling so sad

about what you never have.

Because you can't look at nothing

without wanting it and you know that's the truth.

There's always some scene

that you think you got to break into

or some new sensation to intoxicate you

Ain't it a drag staring through the glass

at something doesn't touch you really

or bring you laughter ..or roses

or stroke your hair tenderly

Desire...you're living in a dream

Desire...getting the best of you.

Who was it said you have to have everything you see

Same one sold you that last fantasy

Roll up your sleeves

and use those hands for something

that's going to work for you baby

To fill your arms....and your heart with joy

Desire......getting the best of you.'

Boz Scaggs song I play to remind me when the e-bay addiction gets too strong!

Buddhism has it that most of the worlds troubles are caused by DESIRE, in its various forms. Desire for things/people/land/ ego trips....[/

Erm....I've just bought this 740 Individual....

e38exterior.jpg

Getting it delivered on Thursday - was £64k inc extras 5 years ago, and has satnav, bi-xenons, heated seats, dvd player, rear screens, loads of other extras and 12 month BMW warranty.

Just got a bit bored of the IS300 SX :blush: so will be selling it in the new year.

e38exterior.jpg

Getting it delivered on Thursday - was £64k inc extras 5 years ago, and has satnav, bi-xenons, heated seats, dvd player, rear screens, loads of other extras and 12 month BMW warranty.

Just got a bit bored of the IS300 SX :blush: so will be selling it in the new year.

Looks sweet matey. Lovel colour! :D

e38exterior.jpg

Looks sweet matey. Lovel colour! :D

Avus Blue with Champagne Leather - same paintjob as my little bro's E36 M3

:)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links