Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys :D It took a long while to get here but its here :D

Oh and I might have found a buyer for it too :whistling:

Congrates man, bet you cant wait to get the booost on.

I dont believe your selling it tho such a shame after all the work you've put in to it.

Thanks guys :D It took a long while to get here but its here :D

Oh and I might have found a buyer for it too :whistling:

Congrates man, bet you cant wait to get the booost on.

I dont believe your selling it tho such a shame after all the work you've put in to it.

Cheers man, I dont really want to sell it but I feel I'm now in the boat where I have to sell the car :crybaby:

Glad to see you got it back Adie, hope you dont have to sell it, enjoy it for a while before you do!! Surely you'll lose a lot of the money you put into it. Would you think you could make back anything close to what you forked out?

Hopefully the running in wont take too long as I plan to be boosting asap. Got to check a few things before hand too. Unfortunately though I dont think it'll be before rotorstock so I'll just have to show it off instead and do the 1/4 mile another time (soon) :shifty:

I think the miles will have to be motorway and dual carriage way miles until its run in and I can get the mapping rechecked. I've just popped into town and the car is extremely LOUD. It certainly turns heads. Also the idling is very low at the moment so it keeps cutting out at traffic lights etc unless I sit revving the engine. So then I do get a lot of looks from people. Suffice to say I had to stop at every single traffic light in and out of town. You don't realise how long they take to change until you don't want to be sat stationary. I even had a lorry trying to reverse up a back street and numerous cars pulling out and people crossing in front of me. All this with me sat there loudly revving the engine :lol: Maybe I'll buy some fluffy dice and a burberry baseball cap too. :hehe:

Adie,

can't say how it makes me happy to read that message!!!! :blush::blush::blush:

That is amazing, so happy for you.... finally after so long time and wasting nerves and everything,

I felt with you all the time!

Let us know how it feels like when you can finally press the pedal to the medal! :shifty:

So happy for you and congrats to get your car finally back HOME!!

Mike :winky:

I think the miles will have to be motorway and dual carriage way miles until its run in and I can get the mapping rechecked. I've just popped into town and the car is extremely LOUD. It certainly turns heads. Also the idling is very low at the moment so it keeps cutting out at traffic lights etc unless I sit revving the engine. So then I do get a lot of looks from people. Suffice to say I had to stop at every single traffic light in and out of town. You don't realise how long they take to change until you don't want to be sat stationary. I even had a lorry trying to reverse up a back street and numerous cars pulling out and people crossing in front of me. All this with me sat there loudly revving the engine :lol: Maybe I'll buy some fluffy dice and a burberry baseball cap too. :hehe:

Adie doddy's little white punto poo has the same problem, he thinks his is a vac leak somewhere, he did ask if you find out the problem can you let me know to pass on a possilbe cure for another one of his problems lol

Also, you cant sell it with out taking me out for a drive :whistling: LoL

Glad you've got her back mate, gutted for you though that you've got to let her go - I'd be out there tomorrow driving to Edinburgh and back at 60 all the way and then you can give it some hammer while we've got this nice dry weather at the moment - it's no fun in winter - I forgot how quick this thing was after the months and months of rain we had!

Hope you get to enjoy what you've created before she goes anyway pal :)

Just a quick update: :blush:

I've not been out in the car all week as the idling and cutting out quite ****** me off and I didn't fancy another chore of driving. Went to drive it the other day and the Battery was flat. Sooo the Battery was put on charge for nearly 24hrs so is now fully charged. Connected it back up and fired the car up. The idling was pretty spot on. No cutting out. I don't know whether its a temporary fix untill its checked out or its now sorted. But the car now sounds LOVELY :wub: Also the engine sounds spot on. No rattling like there was after the first rebuild. So will be now putting on those miles. So far more happier :winky:

Just need to clean the car inside / out and wax and give the engine bay a quick spruce. Ready to show off on Sunday at Santa Pod :whistling:

Cheers guys. After 3 1/2 hours cleaning today, started the car up again and the idle is still quite low. Not cutting out but it's about to cut out then starts again (maybe fuelling? Also throttle pick up is quite slow / lumpy..) But as I said it needs checking again anyway. Engine still sounding pukker!!

Just need to put those miles on it!!! Anybody need a courier service?? As long as no speed bumps or pot holes are present :P

Cheers guys. After 3 1/2 hours cleaning today, started the car up again and the idle is still quite low. Not cutting out but it's about to cut out then starts again (maybe fuelling? Also throttle pick up is quite slow / lumpy..) But as I said it needs checking again anyway. Engine still sounding pukker!!

Just need to put those miles on it!!! Anybody need a courier service?? As long as no speed bumps or pot holes are present :P

Im sure you will put some miles on it next week with the trip to Wigan :winky:

Who are you getting to check it out for you mate :question:

I have seen it today at Rotorstock, the engine looks very nice, I can't wait to see the figures :) Anyway, it looks much better with something in the engine bay :P

I have seen it today at Rotorstock, the engine looks very nice, I can't wait to see the figures :) Anyway, it looks much better with something in the engine bay :P

Cheers mate. It certainly makes a change to have a working engine :lol:

Driving back from Santa Pod and the car was cutting out constantly. There is no idle now at all. As soon as I get to a junction or whatever, I take my foot off the accelerator to press the brake and the car cuts straight out. :huh: Also whilst trying to start the car up again the Battery seems to be dying. So maybe it is the Battery not holding the charge? I've ordered a new Battery anyway to see if this will sort it. Anybody know what type Battery I need or is it just a standard Battery?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links