Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

adie you will probley find it needs a good charge, i had mine off the road for a long time with the Battery disconected, when i put it on and jump started it i was driving along and as i slowed down to a junction like you said the car would cut out and start up again. I took it to my work and put it on the superstart charger for 20mins and it was fine :)

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the Battery on a slow charge during the week for about 24 hours. So it should have charged it enough. But as I was trying to turn it over after it had cut out it seemed to be very dull. So I'm going to replace it anyway.

When driving down the dual carriageway the car drives lovely. I was told with the running in I could give it some boost as long as I didn't cane it and didn't take the revs too high. So driving home from Santa Pod I very gently brought on some boost (maybe a lot) still keeping it under 5k on the revs and it pulls very nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Are there any news on this car,

or is it definitely sold right now? :unsure:

Still clocking up those miles. Its going slow as the idle really ****** me off. I drove it up to Liverpool (300 mile round trip) the other week and on the motorways and even through the built up areas it was driving excellently and really does pull when you put your foot down (still keeping under 5k revs). The main problem is when stuck in motorway traffic or any traffic that is stop start. As it seems to be over fuelling it bogs the car down when stop starting traffic and it just gets worse and worse. This causes the car to start cutting out so you have to keep reving it. I was certainly getting loads of looks off people.

Having said that its nearing the required running in miles. Then I can get the map and idle sorted. Then after having a play, I'll definately be putting it up for sale as I've got other plans. :)

Still clocking up those miles. Its going slow as the idle really ****** me off. I drove it up to Liverpool (300 mile round trip) the other week and on the motorways and even through the built up areas it was driving excellently and really does pull when you put your foot down (still keeping under 5k revs). The main problem is when stuck in motorway traffic or any traffic that is stop start. As it seems to be over fuelling it bogs the car down when stop starting traffic and it just gets worse and worse. This causes the car to sart cutting out so you have to keep reving it. I was certainly getting loads of looks off people.

Having said that its nearing the required running in miles. Then I can get the map and idle sorted. Then after having a play, I'll definately be putting it up for sale as I've got other plans. :)

Staying with Lexus hopefully :whistling:

Still clocking up those miles. Its going slow as the idle really ****** me off. I drove it up to Liverpool (300 mile round trip) the other week and on the motorways and even through the built up areas it was driving excellently and really does pull when you put your foot down (still keeping under 5k revs). The main problem is when stuck in motorway traffic or any traffic that is stop start. As it seems to be over fuelling it bogs the car down when stop starting traffic and it just gets worse and worse. This causes the car to sart cutting out so you have to keep reving it. I was certainly getting loads of looks off people.

Why are you going to sell that awsome ride?

Don't you like it, or isn't it running fine?

How does it feel to drive, *** *** pulling? :whistling:

I'm really interested, because once I wanted to realize that on my IS200. :)

• 2 months later...

Running in miles are now completed (at last). Car being dropped off this week for MOT and oil and filter changed. Plus they are getting the map sorted too because the idle and cutting out is too bad to be comfortably driving the car around. Which is why its not moved for nearly 2 months. So hopefully the car will be finished within the next couple of weeks.

Running in miles are now completed (at last). Car being dropped off this week for MOT and oil and filter changed. Plus they are getting the map sorted too because the idle and cutting out is too bad to be comfortably driving the car around. Which is why its not moved for nearly 2 months. So hopefully the car will be finished within the next couple of weeks.

light at the end of the tunnel......................at blooming last :)

hope you get to enjoy it before moving on :D

is the idle and cutting out only due to the mapping?? if so its a pretty bad map in that case - wouldnt expect anywhere to let a car go out like that???

As far as I'm aware.

The map wasn't finished due to the 2nd engine failure. The compression has been kept the same as the first rebuild but by using lower compression pistons this time instead of the thicker head gasket. But the car is running very rich low down. which is why I can't really drive it much and especially not too far as it keeps cutting out and then is also a problem to start back up. So I could end up stuck / broke down in traffic on the M1, which I dont fancy at all.

is the idle and cutting out only due to the mapping?? if so its a pretty bad map in that case - wouldnt expect anywhere to let a car go out like that???

As far as I'm aware.

The map wasn't finished due to the 2nd engine failure. The compression has been kept the same as the first rebuild but by using lower compression pistons this time instead of the thicker head gasket. But the car is running very rich low down. which is why I can't really drive it much and especially not too far as it keeps cutting out and then is also a problem to start back up. So I could end up stuck / broke down in traffic on the M1, which I dont fancy at all.

Just a quick question why would sum1 want to buy a broken car off you then as you say you want to sell it? Will it be repaired first or is just eating up money?

Oh i see now u say above there sorting the mapping lol... ;)

As far as I'm aware.

Just a quick question why would sum1 want to buy a broken car off you then as you say you want to sell it? Will it be repaired first or is just eating up money?

Oh i see now u say above there sorting the mapping lol... ;)

Who said the car was broken? Trying reading before typing!!

Car dropped off today.. Heard some exciting news too. The car is being mapped by a guy from HKS :D

Sounds good mate im all fingers crossed for you, im hoping that when you get her back that you'll keep her you deserve to after the amount you've been through lol

• 3 months later...

This thread doesn't move very quickly..

The guy broke his leg a while ago in a motor bike accident. SOOOOoooooooooooooooooo STILL WAITING!!!

Should be up and running for the summer though (fingers crossed). It must be 2 years or so since I've really been able to drive around properly :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links