Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is500 Coupe

oh if only! if only I had that kind of cash to spend and of course, if it was for sale now!

have a read of some of the comments they say on that forum! 'never liked lexus and that certanly wont change my mind' is he blind? sorry retorical question because he must be!

':sick:' ! Sick with envy more like! some people have no taste! :P

Craig

Oh those yanks...... :duh: don't know when they have it good :angry:

$60,000 dollars is the equivelant amount that a new IS250 costs here in Ireland..... :sick:

An M3 costs approx. $124,000 dollars (99,000 euro) to buy here... :sick::sick::sick:

I like the coupe. next car maybe...need a little lotto help.

That forum!...for a start there spelling is worse than mine, second they showed an M3 thats actually posed for a picture.

Quote from syphonic 'I drive a BMW' sounds a lot better than 'I drive a Toyota'

Its a Lexus with Lexus badges, I know deep down its a toyota but its being sold as a LEXUS :shutit:

Right im off...

Think that picture is only a photochop anyway. Looks sweet though! No idea why people keep jibbering on about Lexus are just Toyotas.....

The only only that pretty much is, is the first gen IS. Not so much the 300 but the 200 is. Shares the same parts, chassis with the Toyota Altezza. Correct me if im wrong but the other Lexus cars have had their own R&D, and now their own Lexus R&D in its own right.

Uk media sucks, their to blame for this iggnorance on Lexus cars.

*Jamboo* Wouldnt be much of a coupe if it was a 4 door would it now.... :lol:

No idea why people keep jibbering on about Lexus are just Toyotas.....

The only only that pretty much is, is the first gen IS.

Not quite mate, as far as I'm aware, you've got the following:

MK1 & MK2 GS300 = Aristo

RX300 / 330 = Harrier

SC = Soarer

LX = Landcruiser

The LS430 was similar to the Toyota Crown, but that was a Lexus model, and also the 4.3 litre engine variants were also Lexus only models.

The new models are all unique, although I guess Toyota's other models are fairly similar these are all now Lexus only.

The LS430 was similar to the Toyota Crown, but that was a Lexus model, and also the 4.3 litre engine variants were also Lexus only models.

Yep up until the mk3 GS, they were all essentially Toyotas (but I still refuse to believe that there isn't extra engineering that goes into them when they're turned into Lexus's)

That's not actually true about the LS though, it was also a Toyota - in Japan it was known as the Celsior

maneesh it wont eat the new m3.thats gonna be 430bhp or something stupid

oh, thanks for the headsup. I better retract my request for a test drive then... :D

Its a Lexus with Lexus badges, I know deep down its a toyota but its being sold as a LEXUS :shutit:

The ONLY difference between a Toyota and the Lexus version of the same model, is customer service. Plus, you are likely to get a whole load of extra gadgets on the JDM Toyota version rather than the Export Lexus version.

A Toyota Aristo N/A will drive the same as a GS300 N/A, and a Toyota Celsior will drive the same as a LS400. The Celsior perhaps better as the JDM came with air, whereas the UK LS never had air until the 430.

Toyota never felt the need to put the Lexus badge on the JDM cars (until last year) as Toyota's rep was pretty high in Japan anyway.

Back to the topic of the post, the IS500 coupe should elevate the brand somewhat, as some people might start buying a Lexus (instead of a german) for performance.

Is there really no difference between the Lexus versions and Toyota versions? I've never been in one of the Toyota's but I remember talking to a guy that I met randomly at the dealer who had an Altezza RS200 and while he said the car was great, he said it was incredibly noisy when compared to the IS - I know its only the opinion of one person, but I assumed there must be much more sound insulation in the IS and thought that this must apply across the whole range :yawn:

If they do at some point release this car, I just hope they don't badge it IS500, and instead differentiate it from the rest of the range. An IS500 will always be considered as an IS with a 5 ltr engine in it despite how well tuned it is - and will never be considered along with the RS4 and M3 which are always viewed separately to the A4 and 3 series respectively.

If they do badge it IS500, I don't see it selling well at all ;)

all the Lexus models were also known as a toyota derivative in japan

and were released there before anywhere else

reasons being that the japanese regarded toyota as one of the best manufacturers and therefore was no reason to rebrand them to lexus

where as the rest of the world considered toyota as a run of the mill average car manufacturer, hence why the brand name changed to lexus for the high end toyotas

there are quite a few differences between jdm and RoW markets :

sound proofing

leather upholstry

alternative engines

......to name a few

as for the IS500

well europe is only a small market for lexus

sales showed that the is300 wasnt a good seller

hence why we dont get the is350

so what chance do you think there will be, in it ever being released here :whistling:

lexus have allways tried to maintain a luxury fleet, and havent concentrated on any sports models, look at the SC ....hardly a proper sports car is it !!!

with the new supra due, i cant see the is500 being too promising

we can all but hope though :)

No idea why people keep jibbering on about Lexus are just Toyotas.....

The only only that pretty much is, is the first gen IS.

Not quite mate, as far as I'm aware, you've got the following:

MK1 & MK2 GS300 = Aristo

RX300 / 330 = Harrier

SC = Soarer

LX = Landcruiser

The new models are all unique, although I guess Toyota's other models are fairly similar these are all now Lexus only.

I did say correct me if im wrong! :lol:

I've never been in one of the Toyota's but I remember talking to a guy that I met randomly at the dealer who had an Altezza RS200 and while he said the car was great, he said it was incredibly noisy when compared to the IS - 200

From what I can tell Toyota switched to the straight 6 engine for that reason. Any 4 pot is difficult to make quiet. There will always be some vibration because the offsets on the shaft only being 90deg. A straight 6 is apparently the best engine for sound levels. Better even then a V6.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links