Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see you got it going mate. i really miss the sound of that turbo system. You may also need to adjust the spring in the dump valve as the boost is so low at the minute. I had the springs in my blitz one screwed right out to zero just to get it to dump a little.

Cheers guys its a bit of a relief its started now need to sort out the oil leaks and then get the fueling sorted, should be done by JAE easily (I hope). Not gonna drive it really. only when i've refitted everything.

One thing im not sure if anyone knows is. if i go and get all 3 sensors put in the exhaust system, will it run better or worse without mapping ???

Adie does your car still have the problem with the engine light coming on ???? saw TDi have got something up on there site that sudjests it might help ???

Adie does your car still have the problem with the engine light coming on ????

Yes mate. Unfortunately Daz and I still suffer from this problem.

See i dont get this at the moment with them all unplugged lol but i supose it doesnt run right lol

Adie does your car still have the problem with the engine light coming on ????

Yes mate. Unfortunately Daz and I still suffer from this problem.

See i dont get this at the moment with them all unplugged lol but i supose it doesnt run right lol

Its not on all the time mate. The CEL only comes on when the car gets really hot. After alot of motorway travelling or alot of boosting etc. It might not come on for a few weeks or it might come on after a couple of hours..

I'm glad for you it has finally started :)

Don't worry for the CEL, mine comes on now and then since I removed the main cat 3 years ago. The car is still working so far, just need to disconnect the Battery for 30seconds and it goes off :)

Well u know when you've had one of those days when u should have just stayed indoors and left the **** thing alone.

Started off fine, got the rocket cvoer off and changed gasket, the old one looked like it had a small pinch in it where it must have moved slightly putting it back on last time.

Then i got under the car to have a look and the oil sump. I thought i'd go round and see if i could tighen any of the bolts up to start with.

Going round them all i could get a small half turn etc on the bolts, could have done them tighter but they felt a bit weak (if you know what i mean) got to the bolts near the back of the gear box and started to tighen one straight away snap, the F**King bolt snapped off. mega angry i carried on with the rest. A few bolt further on the same happened again. Now im proper angry.

So i go get the little tool where u drill a small hole into the snapped bolt and then this screws in anti clock wise and undoes the bolt. Get the drill out etc etc get a small drill piece and start drilling all going ok then "SNAP" goes the drill piece. i slide out from under the car and buggar me that hurts got something in the f**king eye. go indoors sit down with eye shut for 30 mins. doesnt get better so get mum to drive me to the hospital, looks like i have a nice few scratchs on the front of the eye. im now sat here with a patch on lookin like mother f**king captin hook. The biggest ***** take is a had the protective goggles about 2 ft away just forgot to put them on (most probably down to being ****** off with how the day had gone).

Now gotta wait untill eye is better to get back under there and sort it all out.

All in all a bad weekend

things can only get better from this point . just look at it that way

how long till your eye is better ?

Patch on for 24 hours so its off now. Everything is like im walking around with my eyes crossed, very blurry lol

I still very achy gotta put (what i thought would be drips) but now i find out its a gel in my eye which is easier said than done as it curls out and is to thick to drop just by gravity so u have to kinda rub it across. Well fun 4 time a flipping day as well lol.

Well lets hope its onwards and upwards. Just paids for HKS FCON V PRO :D Cheers elexes

So now gotta get injectors then off to TDi :):):)

So sorry for you mate...... :crybaby: yes I know such weekends. :whistling:

But as elexes said.... things just can get better from this point.

Let us know how you are! :winky:

Cheers fellas a least i get a few days off work :D

Also now found some stuff under the desk to sell to fund it a bit better.

And also found the my local lexus are taking on and training a machinc so gonna hand in a CV down there. If i wanna get in to tuning etc gotta start somewhere

OOOO yeah also when doing the rocker cover gasket i notice some of the cams had this marking on them ??? Anyone know what it is ???

010420071313.jpg

if you mean the flat spot where they have machined on the unmachined surface right in the middle of the picture, thats where they roughly machine off the 'sprue' (where the metal is poured in during the casting process when manufacturing it).

if you mean the flat spot where they have machined on the unmachined surface right in the middle of the picture, thats where they roughly machine off the 'sprue' (where the metal is poured in during the casting process when manufacturing it).

Ahhh thats cool just didnt know if it was a sign of wearing or anything. Thought it would be a funny spot as theres nothing touching it :)

Hey guys jsut thinking as i'll be (fingers crossed) finishing in the next weekend or so what is the best oil for turbo'd IS are any of you guys using anything special or just normal 5-40 or is it 10-40 ????

Any help would be great cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links