Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

thanks guys.

Love the turbo gav its all good, really want to up the boost even a little maybe to 0.5 bar but cant afford a boost controller which is probably a good thing LoL thats why im looking to make the thing lighter at the moment but no sure if i can justify it. found some really nice seats in the charge speed catalog from JAE carbon back hmmmmmm lovely.

Hows yours going is she all working now ???

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys.

Love the turbo gav its all good, really want to up the boost even a little maybe to 0.5 bar but cant afford a boost controller which is probably a good thing LoL thats why im looking to make the thing lighter at the moment but no sure if i can justify it. found some really nice seats in the charge speed catalog from JAE carbon back hmmmmmm lovely.

Hows yours going is she all working now ???

mmmmm.... carbon seats :shifty: !

Mine has been away for about 3-4 months now getting the body work sorted. Yeah it has dragged out and took far longer than it was supposed to but the guy knows what he's doing and wants to do it right. Anyway I should be seeing it later and maybe even picking it up if I'm lucky but I will get a few snaps and revive my thread asap.

Good luck with the weight saving though, keep us posted.

• 7 months later...

Long time since i posted on here but tomoro is the day that most of the interior is sold to a chap called Alan from holland meeting him at 1pm at Maidstone services to swap all the bits over. :crybaby:

So its now offically more a race/sprint/drift car than a luxury pimp mobile any more

The car is SOOOOO bare its crazy must have saved a shed load of weight though. Ill get some photos up later on, just filled my dads Nissan Xtrail up and it nearly didnt all fit :crying:

nice one ellz,just been over the whole thread again and cant wait till i can get some more ££'s together to get mine turbo'd,really an inspiration.

and the bloke must be mad to come over from holland

hes got a pretty good deal to be honest, didnt really realise untill today when i loaded it all up there so much stuff there, ho hum give me more room in the garage :)

nice one ellz,just been over the whole thread again and cant wait till i can get some more ££'s together to get mine turbo'd,really an inspiration.

and the bloke must be mad to come over from holland

hes got a pretty good deal to be honest, didnt really realise untill today when i loaded it all up there so much stuff there, ho hum give me more room in the garage :)

thats like when i sold my cream interior the bloke that bought it couldnt believe i fitted everything in my car and i mean everything

Well managed to get about an hour of chippin in last night, some of the sound deadening comes away really easily and some is very very difficult to budge.

This is passanger footwell

120420081084.jpg

Just from that i saved about 3.5kg i think after everything chipped out i could save over 10kg

The stuff at the back bit of the transmission tunnel just before the bench is a right **** to get off

120420081085.jpg

Steering wheel boss on, this was a cheap second have momo one without the air bag thing so will have the light on but doesnt bother me as now got rid of the seats im guessing it would have been on due to the side seat ones not being there.

120420081086.jpg

New seat a try out steering wheel and engine damper (which is for altezza but gonna have to customize to make work on the IS)

Seat is a Sparco Sprint 5 all FIA etc this new model has side mounts which is good, this will eventually be passenger seat but waiting to get a better seat something like a Sparco Evo or Pro2000.

120420081088.jpg

Will hopefully get the seat in soon as want to drive it with out the seats in etc should be fun :D

• 2 weeks later...

well got some metal and bolted it in (will be welded when i find some one who is good and cheap) then bolted seat on top of that.

180420081092.jpg

More to come soon, half a rear strut brace turned up today have just emailed to see where the rest of it is LoL

Looking good Elliot :D

Cheers Janey, that damper doesnt look it will fit so might try and make a new bracket (blag it as course work at college or something) lol i might have the same trouble that barry has with the top width of the seat as this is the sprint and it very close to the A pillar so might not be able to fit a bigger seat like the Evo or pro2000 in :(

I cant believe the difference from when i saw it JAE, it is so bare!!

I hope you get it the way you want it soon, just make sure you done put on any weight :lol:

Cheers dude, it is a bit of a change but if you wanna go faster you gotta go lighter :) looking a polycarb sunroof as thats alot of weight up high in the car so that will help massively

ellz why dont you just rip out the sunroof and make a carbon fibre blanking plate.

I was thinking about this aswell but looking at carbon fibre sheets today and there not that cheap to get one to fit lookin at 150-200 quid for the sheet, I got quoted £600 for the whole car bar the front screen so just the sunroof should be 50-100 quid if i take the sunroof out so they just have to put knew one in and seal it up and i still get a bit of sun :D

my mate has a role of carbon fibre kicking around in his shed i may be able to get for you i thinks it 50 metres long and all you need is standard fibreglass resin, apparently i kninda works the same as fibreglass.

i.e coiver up what you wnat in the sheet then whack down a load of resin.

PM me if you are interested.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links