Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Pics Of The New Ls460

Got one of these sitting in the foyer at work (as well as a Toyota Auris).

Start saving up!

Try this link...

Or just enjoy!

The V8

05012007019.jpg

The 245/45R19

05012007018.jpg

Rear Quarter

05012007017.jpg

The coolbox!

05012007016.jpg

Rear centre console controls

05012007015.jpg

Rear centre console!

05012007014.jpg

Centre console

05012007013.jpg

Streering wheel

05012007012.jpg

Centre console AV input

05012007011.jpg

Overhead console controls

05012007010.jpg

Centre console again

05012007009.jpg

Front of car (and my work colleague!)

05012007008.jpg

Front quarter of car (and my work colleague again)

05012007007.jpg

D. B)

Not bad for a starting price of £71,000 :whistling: . IMHO it looks a bit bland, but suits the market it's aimed at I guess :yawn: . Think I'll wait for the IS-F.

Lots & lots of buttons to play with & in the rear seats too

Yup. They even got their own curtains!

Lots & lots of buttons to play with & in the rear seats too

Do you get a staff discount?

I think it would suit me!

I do as a matter of fact... :D :shifty:

Not bad for a starting price of £71,000 :whistling: . IMHO it looks a bit bland, but suits the market it's aimed at I guess :yawn: . Think I'll wait for the IS-F.

This one yeah, but the "base" model starts at £57k on the road.

Love it! One heck of a car their! :blush:

TBH, I do feel it is still very much an old mans car.

And its MASSIVE!

This one yeah, but the "base" model starts at £57k on the road.

TBH, I do feel it is still very much an old mans car.

And its MASSIVE!

That's not 'PC' anymore is it??? That's why I said it suits the market it's aimed at :D Anyway, when I looked at it in the flesh in the Bristol Stealership I thought it looked a bit too much of a tank to me so that's at least one of the target market they've missed by a country mile :) 'cos I'm a really old guy compared to most on this forum :hohoho:

Well, as the resident pedant..... :tomato:

it's actually WHET our appetites, not wet.

It means to 'be a 'taster', to stimulate an appetite. Also to sharpen a blade's edge. Hence sharpen an appetite too. (Got to use my Doctorate for SOMETHING?)

Oh, and.....nice car too, though I think I'll stick to my Ser 4. :winky:

That's not 'PC' anymore is it??? That's why I said it suits the market it's aimed at :D Anyway, when I looked at it in the flesh in the Bristol Stealership I thought it looked a bit too much of a tank to me so that's at least one of the target market they've missed by country mile :) 'cos I'm a really old compared to most on this forum :hohoho:

Don't worry, Tango, I just turned 60 (to my surprise!) So I guess it's aimed at me.I'm just waiting for the ERNIE win!

Don't worry, Tango, I just turned 60 (to my surprise!) So I guess it's aimed at me.I'm just waiting for the ERNIE win!

:offtopic: You didn't get your grubby mits on the 5 x 1 million quid up for grabs in December then either.. :angry:

I know what you mean by being surprised :D as I have to think hard (or ask the wife) how old I am... and you're a few years ahead of me (but not a lot :blush: ). Anyway, baby boomers will never grow up.

Apparently Autocar are testing the LS 460 next week. (Last time they promised a test of a 430 "mk2", it never appeared.)

I predict they will heap superlatives on it and then award it three stars "beacause it lacks character", or some-such lazy excuse.

Just had a one day test drive in an SE....

Love the self closing motorised doors, motorised boot closing, rear and rear side motorised curtains, not to mention the DVD screen with champagne cooler and reclining air conditioned seats and remote control in the rear.

Decided I better drive it... :D

Effortless quiet performance and great gearbox but not significantly quicker than the SC as far as i can tell...

Fuel consumption was about the same as the SC at 21MPG in combined driving which considering it is about 250Kg heavier and another .3 litre is quite an achievement.

Needs to be in sport suspension mode as it does roll a little side to side.(Just like the old Supra and SC do) Initial bump does feel a little harsh when going over small pot holes which is similar to the SC but much softer in comfort mode.

Surprised there was no motorised wood covers on the sat nav and radio and really should have a rear windscreen wiper and more wood on the steering wheel etc as standard, also seemed to get locked in on the passenger side. Voice activation now insists you speak after the beep which is silly, but the 8" screen is clearer and nice to have voice activated temperature control as well as Nav, and Audio.

Interior quality overall is excellent leather looks top notch so much better than a CLS interior...

Audio was the latest DTS 19 speaker system and to be honest it is too good.The SC only has 9 speaker i think and that is already top notch. Base reproduction tends to amplify things that some radio stations dont realise they are transmitting, this is a typical problem with most high end systems though.

Was looking forward to playing with all the latest radar controlled cruise and braking, lane assist, eyes not on the road and automatic parallel parking etc but none of this is available on the SE model which is a bit cheeky I think.

Excellent car superbly engineered it is a Lexus after all...However I would not trade the SC in for it as I dont think the drive and appearance of the car justifies the price for me.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently Autocar are testing the LS 460 next week. (Last time they promised a test of a 430 "mk2", it never appeared.)

I predict they will heap superlatives on it and then award it three stars "beacause it lacks character", or some-such lazy excuse.

Page 46 of the Jan 10 issue of Autocar does have a review of the LS460.

Autocar Verdict "Brilliantly refined, but not quite special enough" 4 out of 5 stars.

HOWEVER, page 35 under "What's coming when - the dates your dealer won't be telling you"

June 2007 LEXUS LS600h a hybrid 6.0 litre maybe ????

Page 46 of the Jan 10 issue of Autocar does have a review of the LS460.

Autocar Verdict "Brilliantly refined, but not quite special enough" 4 out of 5 stars.

HOWEVER, page 35 under "What's coming when - the dates your dealer won't be telling you"

June 2007 LEXUS LS600h a hybrid 6.0 litre maybe ????

Its a 5.0l V8 Simon, see the link at the very top of this page or click here

Just got out of the new LS460SE_L.

Well lets be as practical as we can on this, I drove the top of the range 460SE-L £71K worth. Kept it in sport/Power mode all the time. It has 8 gears and the box is very smooth and easy to use, the car is very quiet and powerfull, I gave it some and it went well ( was quite supprised)for a heavy car kerb weight 2055Kg, 0-60 5.7 and it felt not too far off that.Boot space is reduced!!, the ride hight seems very high for a saloon!almost 4*4 like,the rear electric seats have the control units behind the rear seats in the boot! so you will struggle to get two large cases in it.The SE does not have these and may have a bit more space.

Interior layout was good, and very much better than the new "s Class" even nicer than my A8 sport and thats an admision I did not want to make. The SAT-NAV is all "touch screen" and very informative, but still will not allow you to use on the move!! , the extent of kit is massive. Driving it is a doddle.

I hope the finish on the new IS-F 500 is as good, and the performance should be miles better with more power (5 litres 425BHP) with much less weight and of course 8 speed box, I will be very keen to try one :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links