Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Supercharger Project

The last thread got a bit messy...here we are as it stands today:

Here's where we stand today:

2JZ-GE engine has been removed. Headlamps have been removed to allow for easier removal of the bumper.

BB_1.jpg

The steel bumper bar will be replaced with a smaller (titanium???) bar to allow a huge intercooler to be fitted. Likewise, the subframe also requires some modification. In addition to the I/C an AFT and oil cooler will be fitted.

BB_4.jpg

The Nautilus air horns will be relocated under the headlamps and the power steering cooler will move higher up.

BB_3.jpg

The original 2JZ-GE engine with the heat wrapped equal length decatted manifold. This engine could be transplanted into an IS200 to produce >200rwhp.

GE_3.jpg

This is the donor powerplant, a 2JZ-GTE with 30K miles from a MK4 Supra. The plan is to fit a 3.4L HKS stroker kit and either use the original GE head. Failing that, the complete GTE lump will be transplanted, along with an uprated throttle body assembly. A different TB will obviously mean that the IS300 Fly-By-Wire throttle system is disabled, but there are ways and means to get around that.

GTE.jpg

The new twin departures. From manifold to back-box in 304 grade stainless steel with a 100mm tail pipe. Very sleeper!

Twins1.jpg

This is the original Rotrex C30 supercharger that came with the Toyomoto kit which we had originally planned, giving 320rwhp. The kit comes with everything required and is a plug-n-play. Another UJ member is very interested in the Toyomoto kit for his IS300.

C30.jpg

The heart of the matter....The Rotrex C38 centrifugal supercharger with the 81 spec trim. The most powerful supercharger commercially available and rated to 600bhp. Did anyone know that Rotrex is a Maersk product...the same people who have the world's biggest container fleet?

In line with turbine technology, the rotor/stator assembly are contructed from Inconell material.

C38_1.jpg

The supercharger will be fed by custom designed pipework using this massive HKS filter with a 100mm inlet feed. The filter will sit somewhere close to the offside headlamp and will be heat-shielded using a custom designed aluminium airbox. Feed to the airbox will be from two locations - one using an 80mm grille in the bumper, the other a scoop from close to the O/S wheel arch.

HKSfilter.jpg

The dump valve - This is the GFB Deceptor. What's different about this DV is that from the ***** pit, using the supplied manual control, is that the driver can adjust from 100% recirculate to 100% vent-to-atmosphere using the small dial located somewhere in the driver's compartment. The Deceptor has been tested and proven to be the most efficient DV commercially available. It's an Aussie design BTW.

GFB_3.jpg

GFB_1.jpg

Inside now. I purposefully requested as little bling as possible inside the cabin, and this is what we have: The SPA dual display gauge pod cluster inside a very tastefully designed leather trimmed pod, to match the seats. The displays are from R-L Boost & EGT, Oil & Water Temp, Fuel & Oil pressure.

SPA.jpg

We also have the Air/Fuel meter located (it will sit in a custom mount) in the cup holder behind the auto shifter.

AFM.jpg

And the 200mph clocks....yes, that's MILES PER HOUR

Clocks_1.jpg

Clocks_2.jpg

In addition (but not shown)....

Custom built fuel delivery system, to be located in the vacated spare wheel well.

2 x 12lb NO2 bottles also located in the rear boot.

All coming to a road near you.....soon!

Looking forward to seeing this Mike.

How come you sourced another engine....I though the IS300 was the same engine as the Supra anyway? Which IS200 is having your old lump to mate? Anyone on here?

All the stuff looks good mate. :D

Cracking project, and it looks like it'll have some real power.

Have you got any rough aspirations on power, yet?

I've never owned a supercharged car, only turbos, and I've never heard of that dump valve... or even one that was configurable for vta/recirc let alone on the fly!

Good luck with it, very ambitious.

What are you doing for brakees, suspension, etc?

Power: estimated 500bhp fly. 700bhp fly with nitrous - won't have a better idea until we start looking at various maps.

Brakes: Front 6 pot calipers with 360mm grooved & slotted rotors, rear 4 pot calipers with 360mm grooved & slotted rotors

Suspension: HKS HiperMax RS coilovers, TRD Yellow ARB's, Prolex front strut brace. All will be set up using 4 corner balancing for perfect weight distribution and laser alignment.

@Scarface......She's be there talking pole position at the UltraJap stand at JAE this year :D

Power: estimated 500bhp fly. 700bhp fly with nitrous - won't have a better idea until we start looking at various maps.

Brakes: Front 6 pot calipers with 360mm grooved & slotted rotors, rear 4 pot calipers with 360mm grooved & slotted rotors

Suspension: HKS HiperMax RS coilovers, TRD Yellow ARB's, Prolex front strut brace. All will be set up using 4 corner balancing for perfect weight distribution and laser alignment.

@Scarface......She's be there talking pole position at the UltraJap stand at JAE this year :D

Good figures there - she'll certainly fly!

I can't remember seeing an IS go like that, either.

The fronts sound good, but 360's on the back!

Buttler: "Could I interest sir in a little bit of overkill?"

Mike: "Thank you Jeeves. Make it a large dollop, please, and don't spare the pennies!"

:P

I've always been very keen on coilovers. I ran them on my last car, though I did get a lot more road-noise.

My gta has a macpherson/double linked wishbone setup, which I found to be much better, personally, because it felt like it was "one with the car", I guess.

I never really got that feeling in with the coilovers.

G

Looks good mike im a bit confused tho

At first i could see where it was going but now its a 2JZ GTE engine surely just doing a simply conversion like the monster or gav. with turbos would be easier and produce more HP.

But i suppose theres always reason for doing something new and your not one to shy away from such tasks :)

The 3.4 stroker kit comes very highly recommended from ppl i've spoken with if you can afford it tho just looked on tdi site and wow i bought my whole lexus for just over that LoL.

Cant wait to see it at JAE fingers crossed that it'll be done in time.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I live here in Canada and am pleased with my IS300 You have done an exceptional job and love the 320km spedometer white in colour you have. Where can I get one for my Is300. The eshift dash in white you have is beautiful!!!!

Thanks

Tim

timthreinen@rogers.com

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links