Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sti Style Spoiler

Guys, i think you're being abit harsh on the man. Not everyone likes 'Subtle' I think your all forgetting that the point of modifying a car it's to create YOUR own look/style which is different to other peoples. Think about it, we all bought the Lexus because we all like the look of it but some of us aren't content with the standard look so we add things to the front, sides and rear... next thing you know we will all end up having exactly the same body kit (the one from the dealer's 'optional extras list') and the same car yet again. Could you imagine a world like that? Everyone doing the same job wearing the same grey suit, driving the same car living in the same house... Boring... I don't see anyone dissagreeing to those who installed a turbo or a super charger to their IS200... Ooo no it's much too fast compared to the standard car... Lexus didn't intend for their cars to be fettled like that...

CorsaVandal, if you like the spoiler then go for it but might i suggest a bodykit which is just as "loud" as the spoiler otherwise i don't think that just the spoiler alone goes with the lines of the standard car.

I'm sorry on my part if i may have upset anyone else with this comment of mine.

Thanks for sticking up for me. :winky: but dont worry about upsetting anyone Sang i asked for opinions because they do matter but like you said, its the individuals taste and id hate to spend the cash on a kit for the car then looks the same as everyone else's.

Keep the opinions flying in, just get it out of your systems before the North West Meet so i dont have to 'lay the smack down' on your asses :lol:

And Brett you big Lexbien, keep your paws of my motor or you'll wake up one morning and i'd have fit one of these bad boys to your GS :ph34r: style :lol:

Please Please PLEASE dont reduce the lexus to the standard of a barryied up corsa... PLEASE

I'm not although i'm not too sure what Barryied Up means!

Personally i like the style of the spoiler, i think it looks well on the car, and will look even better with a kit.

I'm assuming that all you guys that say you dont like the idea of this spoiler going on the car all have a standard looking IS or have the TTE skirts all round!?!? both of these styles look great but where's the individualism!?!?

I think some of the comments have been harsh but no personal malice has been intended!

If you do fit it dont put the pics up though thats just asking for trouble :shutit:

I know, and the banter with Brett is just that (he had a thing for me once but i had to knock him back, we've argued ever since :lol:)

i did ask for it, the harshness that is. Im not sure i dare put a picture of it on, but everyone will see it at NW anyway. wonder how many body guards ill need to be safe :question::unsure::question:

Go for it man!

I'm gonna try and get my hands on a kit no one else has and prob wont bother with a spoiler though, even though the big massive fast and furious ones look real good with the kit I want.

Just have to start pricing up a trip to japan to get it, hmmmm. :blink:

I know, and the banter with Brett is just that (he had a thing for me once but i had to knock him back, we've argued ever since :lol:)

i did ask for it, the harshness that is. Im not sure i dare put a picture of it on, but everyone will see it at NW anyway. wonder how many body guards ill need to be safe :question::unsure::question:

I'd take at least 5 bodyguards!!

I hope once you've got it fitted everyone can eat their words :sick:

I hope once you've got it fitted everyone can eat their words :sick:

No..but we could eat off the picnic table on the back of his Lex :lol:

Just updated my avatar with a new pic of the spoiler (the car's in there too if you can see it for the whale fin). :lol:

Only 5? over 100 are expected to turn out for it! i was thinking of trying to get P Diddy's whole entourage down.

I'd like to think some of you will eat your words now and if you'd be more comfortable doing sat at the picnic table you're welcome to.

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Jul 4 2007, 09:57 PM)
Go for it man!

I'm gonna try and get my hands on a kit no one else has and prob wont bother with a spoiler though, even though the big massive fast and furious ones look real good with the kit I want.

I've always wanted one and as this was my first saloon i thought i've gotta do it. I've seen a kit but it's around £600, so i'll be saving for a couple of months now. Maybe buy some springs in the mean time so they can bed in before i get new tyres or switch alloys.

I have been looking at the picture in your avatar and think if your lex did have a full kit then the spoiler may well go with the car!!!! have you fitted the spoiler to the car now then?

Jason :P

Please Please PLEASE dont reduce the lexus to the standard of a barryied up corsa... PLEASE

I'm not although i'm not too sure what Barryied Up means!

To get the idea of what i mean try

www.barryboys.co.uk :D

If you like it then theirs no problem.

Me personaly i think it really detracts from what a lexus should look like, and what a lexus stands for... But i have never been one for putting extra do-hickys on cars......

I have been looking at the picture in your avatar and think if your lex did have a full kit then the spoiler may well go with the car!!!! have you fitted the spoiler to the car now then?

Jason :P

i have, got the spoiler on the cheap and couldnt wait to fit it. i know it needs a kit now so it'll be my motivation to fit it :lol:

If you like it then theirs no problem.

Me personaly i think it really detracts from what a lexus should look like, and what a lexus stands for... But i have never been one for putting extra do-hickys on cars......

Guy's got a good point. The car is perfect as she is.

Still, I know I'm just an old git but I know what I likes! If you like it though, you have to drive it so fair play to you fella!

I do think that the less said about the Calibra the better though.

Keith

• 10 months later...
I've spent the last 20 minutes looking through old post's for a picture of an IS200 that has the Impreza style STi spoiler and cant find one.

Brettster informs me that people have put them on their IS's but thought it looked gash. I'd like to see how it would look before i part with some cash!!

I was also looking through old posts and I came across this one. I had an is200 which i sold about three weeks ago for a civic type r.

I had the sti spoiler on my car, which also had very wide 20" alloys and wide bodykit. The paint was the rage flip between green, blue and purple. It was very impressive, but it had to go as I got a 400bhp type r!!!

You do have to go for a mental look to pull it off though as mine looked sh**e untill the kit was fitted and painted (3 days)

Did you end up fitting it in the end?? Do you have any pics of it if you did fit it??

I dont have any pics of mine as they are at my brothers house who is away with the army, so I wont be able to get them for another 10 weeks or so.

I will post them when he is back for all to see.

Tom :)

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links