Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Counting The Hours !

DaveEllen

why wait til may ?

just called Mark & the carbon fibre air box & induction car are being fitted............ :yahoo:

rang direct line to tell them of all the mods........excess now £550 :ohmy::ohmy: premium up by £300 to £800 :crybaby::crybaby:

Looks like I'm going elsewhere :hocus-pokus:

Dave....well everyone actually....give www.elephant.co.uk a try. They were consistantly alot cheaper than any company i tried for car insurance....a couple of my friends have also got very good prices from them!!

Neil

still not got it :blush:

going to collect it in 1/2 hour.........so will have a few comments too make later on tonite........

Where I live is 1.5 miles from Marks place.....BUT the Thames is in the way :blink:

so bus to north greenwich---jubilee line to stratford----district line to Upney :sick: will take 1-1 1/2 hours :whistling:

Well..............

All I can say is GO FOR IT :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

throttle response is better................

no more :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: at low revs it starts at 3000rpm and goes & goes :yahoo::yahoo:

Lowered susppension is ace as well c/w strut brace car feels more stable and responds quicker :yahoo::yahoo:

many thanx to Mark for doing the biz :D

Will report on m/way performance etc shortly when I find an excuse :whistling:

All in all :backofnet:

Even a trip to the station to drop the wife off is anticipated :whistling:

Got a routine when starting up

fire her up

listen to the new "busier" under bonnet noise

switch off traction control

put on smug grin

engage first gear

move off :yahoo:

Will report on m/way performance etc shortly when I find an excuse :whistling:

Oh believe me, you'll love that ...

Gently but firmly burying the pedal accelerating up from 100 is sweet ...

Speedo is nudging 140 + tacho approaching the red in no time :unsure:

And before the 'tut tuts' start, i was in Germany and late for my ferry :blink:

Ah yes, Germany ....

where you can legally drive @ 150mph but be done for speeding at a tenth of that.

UK = what a waste of a good car :angry:

I can imagine the top end is really good ....last night came back from shopping and was doing 90 on A2016 only realised (was chatting to er indoors when the bend needed more helm adjustment than before :whistling:

Got a bit of vibration which I can feel thru the steering wheel which Mark is aware of & will fix when induction kit is fitted.

Lowering it has made it soooo much taughter....

Summer will bring the Racelogic thingy if funds permit :crybaby:

On Autobahns....am driving to Romania next summer so will get my chance then.....also the roads in Romania are arrow straight and fairly empty :yahoo:

may struggle to get Optimax petrol tho :(

I can imagine the top end is really good ....last night came back from shopping and was doing 90 on A2016 only realised (was chatting to er indoors when the bend needed more helm adjustment than before :whistling:

Got a bit of vibration which I can feel thru the steering wheel which Mark is aware of & will fix when induction kit is fitted.

Lowering it has made it soooo much taughter....

Summer will bring the Racelogic thingy if funds permit :crybaby:

On Autobahns....am driving to Romania next summer so will get my chance then.....also the roads in Romania are arrow straight and fairly empty :yahoo:

may struggle to get Optimax petrol tho :(

The vibration will possibly be down to the strut brace Dave, which is exactly why I got rid of mine. I got more vibration through the steering and pedals which at the time I felt spoilt the ride a bit. Then I went and put coilovers on and made it worse than before :duh: :D

Andy - Thanks for that :)

Mine is quite co**** first thing in the morning but wears off after a few minutes.

May remove strut brace then....

Is it easy ? I would think I make sure wheels are straight and just undo the bolts holding it on then replace n tighten :whistling:

Mmmmmm looks like a job for saturday :whistling:

Its bloody quick though still can't believe the change in the car :hocus-pokus:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links