Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Monster......

bloofire

Please note, we consider the above comments to defammatory and have referred them to our solicitors.

Sounds a bit harsh to me :o

What does everybody else think?

exactly my thoughts when i read that...

understandable they would argue the point, but c'mon, free speech and all that!

i think before you start throwing the threat of solicitors around, you should see what publically this would do to you.

i take it it easier for you to get a solicitor to fight your battles, rather than face an open forum, and defend yourself.

id say Mr Goose has been frank and open, i take it Mr Nemisis you think he is wrong

prove it

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

credit where credit is due, i see the Monster is moving along swimmingly now.

well done, will this car be at JAE now

Hopefully a small amount of credit may be due as and when it's done, but it's a bit premature yet Mr Spyshot - but thanks anyway :)

We're doing our best, and I would like to think it will be on the LOC stand at JAE this year. Would be nice if the Nemesis/Mazda car was also there.

We're doing our best, and I would like to think it will be on the LOC stand at JAE this year.

Excellent Mark. This years JAE is going to be great. :D

I hope you and your team at TDi will also be there to show off your superb achievements in this project. B)

Edited by ifraz

Mark, please can you measure the distance from the rear shock body and spring to the inside of the rear tyre.

so i can start working out available wheel sizes and offsets, also the distance from the outside of the rear tyre to the outside of the rear arch.

now assuming the arch extensions give me .5 xtra.

i am also assuming the Volks are a 40mm offset, as Volk only do offsets of 40 and 35 and one lower........

i have come to these calculations using the =40 offset on the current 8.5 inch rear.

18 x 9 with a 35 offset will:

move the wheel 11mm closer to the suspension

move the wheel 1 mm further out

18 X 9.5 with a 40 offset will:

move the wheel 13mm closer to the suspension

move the wheel 13mm further out

ideas...............

i know the rear will have to be raised slightly to give me the suspension movement without hitting the arch...etc etc

Two weeks to go, how are things looking/progressing Mark?

Will you and your team be making an appearance at JAE to unveil the monster?

The light at the end of the tunnel is certainly getting brighter :D

We completed the wiring under the bonnet yesterday, and boxes are rapidly being ticked. I'll post some pictures over the next day or so.

I am hoping to be at JAE :D

Mark, please can you measure the distance from the rear shock body and spring to the inside of the rear tyre.

so i can start working out available wheel sizes and offsets, also the distance from the outside of the rear tyre to the outside of the rear arch.

now assuming the arch extensions give me .5 xtra.

i am also assuming the Volks are a 40mm offset, as Volk only do offsets of 40 and 35 and one lower........

i have come to these calculations using the =40 offset on the current 8.5 inch rear.

18 x 9 with a 35 offset will:

move the wheel 11mm closer to the suspension

move the wheel 1 mm further out

18 X 9.5 with a 40 offset will:

move the wheel 13mm closer to the suspension

move the wheel 13mm further out

ideas...............

i know the rear will have to be raised slightly to give me the suspension movement without hitting the arch...etc etc

cough cough

Clawley88_001.jpg

Clawley105.jpg

This is the ecu wiring before and after in one easy step. Well, when I say easy what I mean is weeks of work, thousands of Pounds and lots of hair pulled out :D

Edited by tdiplc

The pics are great, it looks super duper chaps. I like that strut brace very much, where did you get it?

Are you planning on putting the car on some sort of stand at JAE, maybe putting just one side of the car on some ramps or something, make it into a feature, and put some strobes under it in time to some really good music, that'll draw the crowds in! :) Ive got a strobe :)

that install is looking very pro. almost like it was always there. strut brace looks great too. i am sooo impressed with all of the work done on this car.

well ive finished all the pre-paint prep on the

bonnet

side skirts

rear roof spoiler

arch extensions

Spoon eyebrows

ive orderd the paint, and etch primer...

so will be putting the first coats on, on Monday evening.

also gotta build longer ramps for the trailer this week, so i dont encounter any problems getting the Monster on it, for the journey back.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links