Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Exhaust

Rob's Lexx

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anybody tell me if these will fit a 2000 reg IS200?? And whether the price quoted is for the back box only, or cat-back

CLICK ME

AND ME

AND FINALLY ME

Cheers in advance :D :D :D

They all fit, the IS300 and IS200 backbox are the same. The only thing is US models have longer bumper so the exhaust tip will be 5cms outside of an european bumper unless you have a rear lip fitted

can anybody tell me if these will fit a 2000 reg IS200?? And whether the price quoted is for the back box only, or cat-back

CLICK ME

AND ME

AND FINALLY ME

They all fit, the IS300 and IS200 backbox are the same. The only thing is US models have longer bumper so the exhaust tip will be 5cms outside of an european bumper unless you have a rear lip fitted

Hi i have an is200 with the TRD rear skirt would any of those on that site be ok for mine ( i.e wouldnt stick out to far to look stupid! )

CLICK ME

AND ME

AND FINALLY ME

thanks for that mate.

i'm thinking it might look daft with standard rear bumper?? its just that its such a good price over in the states and i can take it back with me as oversized luggage :whistling:

veilside exhaust on e-bay the boy has good feedback £300 + 10 p&p worth a look ??????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS200-Veilside...VQQcmdZViewItem

cheers for the link matey.

from what i've heard this is LOUD and i'm not wanting that tbh.

Keep any links coming though :winky:

• 1 month later...
is the toyota altezza exhaust the same fitment as the IS200? (both cat-back and back box)??

Think they are Rob from the cat back but not 100% sure :unsure: Have you seen the Blitz Nur Spec S, that ProLex has at the moment looks a very nice piece of kit? :whistling:

funny you should mention that mate!!

been looking at the nur spec ever since i heard it on mike morses tunny!!

tis very nice but maybe a trifle loud. not sure how it'll sound on the IS. Ideally after cat-back, don't know if the prolex one is??

HP gains will be very minimal, the Std exhaust is actually very good and not restrictive at all, the most restrictive part being the rear box, however a long long time ago...when most were still driving Corsas, i did some experiments on the back box.......

its not as restrictive as most people think

in my opinion the only real advantage of changing the system on the car is for looks, or if you have gone with some serious power upgrades. i.e more than the supercharger.

as the 3sge motor in the altezza is 210hp and still uses a very similer exhaust layout, only difference is the back box has a flap/trapdoor in it to increase back pressure at low rpm, but this is more to help the very asmatic engine at low RPM

hmmm. thats interesting mat. i always though the aftermarket systems really did open it up a little and allowed some extra bhp to be gained.

the problem i have is me rear pipe (coming from backbox) is corroded and it wont be long until it starts to blow. so do i get another OEM exhaust or buy an aftermarket...

i don't want anything too loud and in ur face. thats not my style really...

Just seen lots of cheap stainless Zorst on ebay USA for IS300.

Is the Zorst same from cat back as an IS200 ?

they will fit wozza but will stick out the rear of the car further than a UK spec IS200 zorst (due to the US bumpers being that extra bit deeper)

hmmm. thats interesting mat. i always though the aftermarket systems really did open it up a little and allowed some extra bhp to be gained.

the problem i have is me rear pipe (coming from backbox) is corroded and it wont be long until it starts to blow. so do i get another OEM exhaust or buy an aftermarket...

i don't want anything too loud and in ur face. thats not my style really...

im sure you could pick up a std back box of the forums for peanuts

Rob if you want to mate you could try my peco back box on yours as its just sitting in the shed at the moment? :D

this may sound silly mate, but does the backbox have the pipe section as well. not the middle piece,

Rob if you want to mate you could try my peco back box on yours as its just sitting in the shed at the moment? :D

this may sound silly mate, but does the backbox have the pipe section as well. not the middle piece,

yes mate its the complete backbox thats made for the is200 that connects to the centre section? try it for a bit mate if you want 2 untill you find the one you want i wont charge you to try it on for a bit? :D :lol:

yes mate its the complete backbox thats made for the is200 that connects to the centre section? try it for a bit mate if you want 2 untill you find the one you want i wont charge you to try it on for a bit? :D :lol:

lol, i should hope not. :lol::whistling:

that sounds like a plan mate, as long as ur ok with it.

i do like the OEM look of the peco backbox, but not sure if its a little too loud. i guess i'll give it a try mate and see what i think.

out of interest, can you get a slash cut type tailpipe add on what d'ya me calll it that'll fit??

i do like the OEM look of the peco backbox, but not sure if its a little too loud. i guess i'll give it a try mate and see what i think.

out of interest, can you get a slash cut type tailpipe add on what d'ya me calll it that'll fit??

I dont mind matey it'll give you an idea on the sound your after maybe a bit louder or a bit quieter no harm in giving it a go? :D

I dont mind matey it'll give you an idea on the sound your after maybe a bit louder or a bit quieter no harm in giving it a go? :D

sounds good to me matey.

when d'ya wanna get it fitted up? i'm out the country as of 21st, so would have to be before then or 2nd week of feb.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links