Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Required - Fellow Member

:blush: it was me.

Ive not used the car for about 3-4 months as its been in my mates garage since i got the blue one.

I could not understand why the car would not open with the key either, as the light on the fob was still working. As Jamie said i managed to to get my sis to fit through the hatch with a stick to flick open the door catch.

Im glad she decided to turn up when she did as i was just about to ring the rac.

Big thanks to Jamie for starting this thread for me :D and everybody that has posted.

cheers

Deano

:blush: it was me.

Ive not used the car for about 3-4 months as its been in my mates garage since i got the blue one.

I could not understand why the car would not open with the key either, as the light on the fob was still working. As Jamie said i managed to to get my sis to fit through the hatch with a stick to flick open the door catch.

Im glad she decided to turn up when she did as i was just about to ring the rac.

Big thanks to Jamie for starting this thread for me :D and everybody that has posted.

cheers

Deano

good to see you get in!

i really like your car btw

u sure the car locked fully while the bonnet was open? as for the boot being able to open, I thought that was seperate to the doors anyway (I figured it was Deano, thought he'd squeeze his turkish looking friend thru the hatch tbh)

I thought locking the car with the key deadlocked the car even if the Battery is dead?

I remember once when i had a flat Battery i locked the car the night b4(it was fine), it was dead in the morning absolutly nothing, but i managed to open the door with the key to get inside and pop the bonnet to get the old Battery out...strange.

I could get in to my deadlocked GS with the key, when my Battery was utterly dead recently. I suspect the car in question has had a new door lock barrel fitted for some reason, which is probably why the key doesn't work in it, but does in the boot.

Basically this happens to us all the time,we have two IS's that never get driven they are often left for months without driving.I too have called up Gord a member from this forum when its happened and said i cant get in to my car,and naturally he's said just use the key in the lock manually.It opens the boot straight away,but the driver side door does nothing,you have to do it about 10 times before the click actually happens and this has happened to us loads of times,so can understand why you were so confused,as we have been the same on many occasions.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links