Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc Club

I have read with interest the many topics on the Forum and I am very impressed with the knowledge and help from members.

As I am new to this game, I would appreciate what benefits LOC membership provides, in particular how much dealer discounts are likely to be for servicing.

Thanks again. Tony.

Hi Tony,

You honestly get a lot for your money with GOLD membership. It costs £25 to join and discounts vary from dealer-to-dealer, anything from 10% upwards. The majority of members save the cost of their membership on their first service.

In addition to this, there are lots of other benefits - discounts such as the much publicised car and home insurance discounts (I saved myself £85 on car insurance this morning). You also get discounts on other motoring related services and products and non-motoring things such as holiday accommodation.

Please also remember, although the team work very hard to bring these additional benefits, ultimately joining GOLD supports this club and the main forums. It costs a lot of money and effort to run, and without GOLD membership support, the club would either cease to exist or be a very poor shadow of itself.

Personally I think everyone who enjoys the main forums should join GOLD to support the club.

Claire :)

Hi Tony

going gold has several advantages, which are

1 - Access to dealer discounts - averaging around 15%

2 - Access to discounts from a raft of suppliers? How does TOMS / L-Tuned and other performance parts at cost price sound to you? One of our members has saved £1500 in a year through these discounts - and he's had more work since then!(whats your new total saved Si?)

3 - Access to a special discounted insurance scheme, exclusive to LOC Gold Members.

4 - Access to the clubs group buys. If get the two sets of PIAA Extreme Whites (the current group buy), theres a £30 saving right there - that covers the subscription cost straight away.

5 - Access to a whole new set of forums @ goldmembers.co.uk

6 - An email address @goldmembers.co.uk

7 - A very nice, credit card sized membership card, that reads Lexus Owners Club in gold, on a black card

8 - Couple of LOC stickers for your car

9 - A really nice forum graphic next to your name - makes you stand out from the normal members

10 -Access to non automobile discounts - Claire_G has got herself a nice discount on a holiday, and I have just changed my website hosting over to one of the best companies in the UK with a nice discount

Is that enough justification?

How about the fact that your £25 will go directly to helping offset the club expenses, and you'll get a nice warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you are helping make sure the club stays around?

Go on - you know it makes sense - join gold

discounts vary from dealer-to-dealer, anything from 10% upwards. The majority of members save the cost of their membership on their first service.

That's slightly misleading - you may not necessarily get ANY discount depending on the dealer.

My saving at my 30k service was £4.50 for example (10% on labour only).

I'm not saying that joining is not a worthwhile thing as the benefits are wide and varied, but people shouldn't be given (potentially) false expectations.

That's slightly misleading - you may not necessarily get ANY discount depending on the dealer.

My saving at my 30k service was £4.50 for example (10% on labour only).

I'm not saying that joining is not a worthwhile thing as the benefits are wide and varied, but people shouldn't be given (potentially) false expectations.

Slightly misleading, maybe, but I saved more than that when I bought my chrome tailpipe through my local Lexus dealer this week. I'm very pleased with the LOC discount potential - it's real.

If your dealer gives a duff rate, shop around, surely that's the point of owner's club buying power, and the dealer's incentive to give decent discounts.

Nige

£25 isn't really that much to support the club. It's cheaper than a years subscription to something like TopGear magazine.

I'm picking up my new IS200 tomorrow morning and it comes with 3 years free servicing, so I won't be using my GOLD discount at the dealer unless I buy any extras later.

However, I'm keeping in mind that I've got loads of advice from these forums - a case in point is the threads about getting corroded wheels replaced and advice with regard to getting your vehicle written-off by the insurance!

Slightly misleading, maybe, but I saved more than that when I bought my chrome tailpipe through my local Lexus dealer this week. I'm very pleased with the LOC discount potential - it's real.

If your dealer gives a duff rate, shop around, surely that's the point of owner's club buying power, and the dealer's incentive to give decent discounts.

Well that's great for you - it doesn't alter the fact that it varies from dealer to dealer which is why I said you MAY not get a discount.

Fact is, my dealer knows my options are limited; the next nearest dealer doesn't offer a discount either, and I'm not gonna drive 50 miles or more further to save 10 quid on a service.

The point I was making is that people shouldn't be saying stuff like "Join Gold and you WILL save at least 10% at the dealer" because you might not - that's all.

Whilst lexicon may have a point in that he considers the wording to be misleading, I imagine that most if not all of us can make up our minds before parting with £25.

Lets face it the majority of us who are members have had enough nous to buy a Lexus and part with hard earned cash after long consideration.

I have just joined gold but not exactly for the discounts alone.

I have only had my Lexus since November and in browsing this site I have learnt more about the car and its faults and been given more assistance from the membership about questions that even Lexus cant or wont answer which had enabled me to get my wheels replaced on a 3 year+ car just for a start. Having been given enough information by people on this site to give me the informed ammunition I need to press my case.

I have rarely experineced such a helpful bunch of people all with a common interest - and all of this was completley free and given in the spirit for which this club has been formed.

I think £25 is nothing if it helps keep this site going for all our benefits.

I have just ordered parts from Inchcape at Nottingham and 'told' them I expected to get 15% discount which they gladly granted me. I made no mention of gold memberships or anything else.

So really I think we are all big enough to make our own minds up and I for one wasn't the least bit fooled by the wording of a suggestion to join gold :yawn:

I joined gold for much the same reason - not to see what I could get cheaper but to support the site.

There is quite a bit of work going on here and anyone who can help you will. You will get honest, genuine answers from people with experience. I don't think you can beat that.

The discounts are a plus if you need to use them. I would have thought that anyone who has achieved their goals by obtaining info from the site or just to speak with other users on the subject wouldn't think twice about £25.

It's worth it in so many other aspects, not just the future savings you can make.

Thanks for the kind words guys - It's very gratifying to know that all of the hard work that goes into this site is apreciated. The people that run and maintain the Club do it solely due to their passion for Lexus cars and the Club, and not for financial gain of any kind.

Thanks again

Agreed. I too hesitated in joining Gold because my own dealership does not so far offer discounts, but as the club is so bloody helpful I realised the least I could do was spend £25 even if its just to contribute to its running. Keep up the great work guys!

My advice - Go Gold - and sleep easy at night :P :P :P

I have learnt a great deal about my IS200 from this website and I believe £25 is a bargain.

Not only can you get discount from selected dealerships, you can also get huge savings from other companies as well. I haven't had the chance to use my Gold discount at any dealership yet, and already I must have saved at least £50 with bits and pieces I have bought for my car through the list of contacts in Gold.

Knowledge is Priceless :P :whistling:

Go On...you know it makes sense

See you on the Other Side :ph34r:

As john says.. the list is continously growing... But it is not only dealers offering discounts.. we intend to start placing discounts on other things that are not even car related. The list will be endless (as in we continue to add) and because your dealer at the moment are not present in the gold scheme then it does not mean that they will be absent from the register forever. Soon it would be a wise choice as we intend to give the dealers something back for their kind service to LOC.

Those who are gold members will benefit even more soon!

Many clubs expect people to sign up out of passion for the club... this is what most cases are. The discounts are something we give back to the gold member to say thanks for supporting us!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links