Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Going On At Royal Mail

peter026

Received some mail today, and for some reason I checked the post date. One was postmarked 17 Nov on a first class stamp. The latest postmark on the others was 1st Dec.

Any one know what's going on :unsure:

It was much better when delivery was early a.m.

Received some mail today, and for some reason I checked the post date. One was postmarked 17 Nov on a first class stamp. The latest postmark on the others was 1st Dec.

Any one know what's going on :unsure:

It was much better when delivery was early a.m.

wish i could say............however, ive just had some post delivered, yes just! at 17:30!!!

Where the heck has the Royal Mail gone wrong anyway? Five to ten years ago, it was a great service - pre 0930 deliveries for most people, second post in built-up areas, more-or-less guaranteed next day delivery for first-class letters. Now it just seems a shambles.

Ryo - any thoughts from the inside? Is it the opening up to competition which has sucked profits away, leading to delivery service cutbacks?

There seems to be a cleptomaniac in the chain that handles my letters. Very frequently mail arrives partially opened - particlularly stuff that looks like it contains important stuff and/or cheques. I'm not saying that this is representative of all post persons or handlers though. I've been waiting a week for 2 things to turn up - getting bored of waiting now.

• 2 weeks later...
and i hope jamie you wernt refering to me?

Nope, not you :P

would be me then!!

not much to say, it depends which delivery office your mail travels through

at Bolton West we appear to have it under control, but if it's going through a lazy centre before it reaches us then thats where the problem starts

i will state, and you probably already know, that there are several stages your mail passes through before it reaches your postperson/parcel person, he or she has no control over where it is before it reaches him, but when it finally does, it'll get to you that day

PS, never any money in xmas cards... mainly birthday cards ;) and thats where it stays until it reaches its new owner, when i'm delivering it anyway :D

and i hope jamie you wernt refering to me?

Nope, not you :P

would be me then!!

not much to say, it depends which delivery office your mail travels through

at Bolton West we appear to have it under control, but if it's going through a lazy centre before it reaches us then thats where the problem starts

i will state, and you probably already know, that there are several stages your mail passes through before it reaches your postperson/parcel person, he or she has no control over where it is before it reaches him, but when it finally does, it'll get to you that day

PS, never any money in xmas cards... mainly birthday cards ;) and thats where it stays until it reaches its new owner, when i'm delivering it anyway :D

Took 10 days for the delivery of that reply Postman Dan

bro, the reason it took 10 days is cos i kept it in the van to p*** you off :D

any strikes within royal mail at the moment are UNOFFICIAL, therefore only affecting a small minority, i'm working as normal, and very much enjoying my 2 xmas bonuses, 50 first class stamps, and pay rise :D

They have been saying this morning on the news that Royal Mail can't cope with the Xmas parcels so are posting the cards through the door rather than ring and hand over the parcel, then you have to go and queue at the depot to get your parcel.

Don't know if it's true :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links