Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Keyed Again!

Kazi

Not happy, second time now in the matter of weeks! One big nasty scrape along the passenger side front door and now a key mark along the drivers side front to back! :tsktsk:

What the f*** is the matter with these mindless idiots! Friggin said the first time it happened many many months ago id sell the car if it happened again and didnt, now its happened on two more occasions since then im left pondering the idea again!!!

Although selling it has been on the cards off and on anyway, this sort of thing just p*sses me right off! Going to have to shell out £200-300 to get it looking half tidy again! :tsktsk:

Rant over!!!

My girlfriend can't believe I get so paranoid about where I park my car and this is why! Unfortunately for her aswell, hers was keyed as well as mine last night. :tsktsk:

Id just love to catch the scrote that did it and hacksaw his hands off!

feel for you mate :sad::ohmy: this sort of thing could happen to any car though, so selling the car is not a cure

No its not, and the fact my Gf's car was done and she drives a Clio only backs up that, but the difference is I wouldnt care about it so much then! Its just left me deflated and ready to just say, f**k it, get rid! I don't want the hassle or expense when this happens.

I know im not the only one this happens to but venting my anger on here somewhat helps!! :crybaby:

is the car directly outside your window??

have you considered a proximity alarm? or a cheap cctv? yopu can get some real cheap cctv gear these days.. even wireless that connects to your pc

feel for you mate :sad::ohmy: this sort of thing could happen to any car though, so selling the car is not a cure

No its not, and the fact my Gf's car was done and she drives a Clio only backs up that, but the difference is I wouldnt care about it so much then! Its just left me deflated and ready to just say, f**k it, get rid! I don't want the hassle or expense when this happens.

I know im not the only one this happens to but venting my anger on here somewhat helps!! :crybaby:

I feel really bad for you mate why do these ******ers have to go round vandalising other peoples property if it happend to me and caught the little ******ers id smash there hands with a hammer so they couldnt do any more damage.. :angry:

my girlfriend says the same when we go shopping she hates it when i park near the top of a car park or in bigger bays coz of people just flinging there doors open and putting small dents in ya door panels....

just ignorant gits... :tsktsk:

Same here, missus whinges cause the secure car park a longer walk from the city centre but she has to get over it, i 'm not parking my car anywhere else!

Feel for you though mate, i'd hate it to happen to me.

Stav

No chance of a garage at the minute, been living in a rented flat these past few months until I buy a place soon. The car is normally left on the drive of the flats and its not been a problem before. Only I came to park it last night after work and couldnt as my landlord failed to tell me its been closed off for paving.....so me and the misses left the cars across the road and bearing in mind its a pretty good area and should be for the amount of rent we're paying...and it got keyed! Spoke to the letting agents today but not holding my breath for a positive outcome thats not going to come out my pocket!!

Thanks for the words of sympathy chaps!

mindless vandalism has always been around, it's when it happens to something you care about it becomes an annoyance, especially in your case Kazi, savng is hard enough, ith out having to take the car to the body shop shop every other week to get it touched up!

Feel for you mate!

Really sorry this has happened - your car looks so well cared for in the piccies.

Mine has battle scars from hospital car parks - of course, no-one ever leaves a note - and every time it happens I'm heartbroken, and my first reaction is 'right, that's it, I'm selling it'. As my boyfriend points out every time, I'd be more heartbroken seeing it be driven off by someone else.

All the best

Amanda

This is the reason I havn't got mine re-sprayed from the last keying (o/s front to rear)... I know full well it'll happen again now they've tried the "screwdriver jabbing" trick on the n/s wing :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Really sorry to hear this mate there are some complete mindless idiots out there!

I always check my car when i come back to it if i leave it somewhere that i normally dont but the question is why should i have to ...... it should be safe!!

Get over it its only a car, these things happen in life its no use getting stressed about it.

:ohmy:

Think you are using the wrong site dude, this site is for people care about their cars and take pride in them

Have you ever had your car keyed? Buy the sounds of things you prob wouldnt care tho

Think you are using the wrong site dude, this site is for people care about their cars and take pride in them

Have you ever had your car keyed? Buy the sounds of things you prob wouldnt care tho

Yes a couple of times....bonnet/drivers door/bumpers and roof all repaired except the roof (once through insurance and recently paid for by myself) coz i aint bothered as its a lump of metal to get from A-B and it looks as good as any other car that is 7yrs old.

Picture at recent TDI/dyno day.

Petesbumper037.jpg

fair do's scorps thats your opinion, but i think its pretty harsh, its still Kazi's property that has been damaged.

its the same as your house being burgled, and someone turning round and saying, get over it, its only somewhere to keep warm and dry at night

Yes a couple of times....bonnet/drivers door/bumpers and roof all repaired except the roof (once through insurance and recently paid for by myself) coz i aint bothered as its a lump of metal to get from A-B and it looks as good as any other car that is 7yrs old.

Picture at recent TDI/dyno day.

Petesbumper037.jpg

Nice car dude, am suprised by your opinion, sorry if I was being a bit harsh.

I have also in the past been a victim of having my car keyed and was very angry and upset

Cheers folks, all kind words taken in. Just gonna leave it dirty and I can't see the scratches! :shutit:

Fingers crossed for those of you who and havent had this happen, it don't in future!

I don't know about anyone else, I wouldn't mind so much if they actually stole the car then went and set it on fire, at least there's a kinda purpose to that (no matter how wrong it is) but simply keying the car for no reason just makes me so mad. It doesn't get them anywhere and they just do it for a laugh. I'm sorry Scorps but the attitude of it's only a car is really harsh - the fact is it's your property and pride and joy and no one has the right to do what they want to it. I still go for vigilante justice hehe!!!

I'm sorry Scorps but the attitude of it's only a car is really harsh - the fact is it's your property and pride and joy and no one has the right to do what they want to it. I still go for vigilante justice hehe!!!

Of course you would be upset but im afraid this is the world we live in....people dont give a **** about other peeps property, kids today do not have any respect how many times have you heard of these scum bags getting caught by owners or even the police?, never is the answer. You just have to accept its part of life, certain people will always be jealous of others if they have nice things.There are far more worse things happening in the world than a few scratches on my/anyones car done by some lager lout coming out of a pub on a Fri/Sat night.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links