Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calling All Bikers

Hi all,

I noticed in a thread about cleaning products it was noted that there was another biker on here!!!

How many bikers do we have on here and what bikes you got?? Get pics up too!!

Heres mine and the spec!

- YEC Billet Exhaust hanger

- Yamaha Carbon Firbe Chain guard

- Yamaha Carbon Chain fin

- Yamaha Carbon fairing inserts

- Yamaha Carbon Hugger

- Yamaha Carbon Swingarm boot protector

- Yamaha Carbon front fender

- Zero Gravity Light smoke double bubble screen

- D.I.D gold chain and new sprocket

- Carbon Akrapovic Can

- R&G Tail tidy

- R&G Bobbins

- Yamaha single seat cowl

- Yamaha Racing Tank protector

- Motrax Mini indicators

- Michelin Pilot Power Tyres

- White reflective rim tape

Its now looking quite smart and a tidy machine.

Here are the pics so far and before anyone tries to catch me out i am aware that the carbon swing arm boot protector and carbon hugger arent on but that is becuase they werent fitted before i took the pics, will take some more tonight!!

P1000988.jpg

P1000998.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010080.jpg

P1010081.jpg

P1010083.jpg

P1010089.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010073.jpg

I had a GSXR 600K3 Corona colours, Got rid of it as I was moving to Cyprus. Didn't know below 600cc the duty was free.

Anyway I will be coming back to the UK soon and I want a new bike again. Not sure what I want yet but I nearly bought a Ducati out here, not wise to have a sports bike here due to the dodgy cypriot driving.

I will dig out my old pics when I find em some where on one of my puters. :shifty:

Yep, I'm a biker myself.

I had the same shape R6 as yours actually .... in '03 Sepcial Edition Yellow :

med_gallery_1_1_100800.jpg

My Current toy is an '06 Yamaha R1 ............. the ultimate :)

DSC01152%20(2).JPG

DSC01161.JPG

More images, videos etc can be found @ SatanR1.com

I'm always up for rides too ............. if anone is ever up for it ?

:)

Nice bike matey had a good look at it at the tdi meet :D, My brother has just swapped his R6 for a brand spanking new R1 and picks it up friday it makes my little commuter bike look like it should be buried somewhere :ohmy: i'm selling it in the next couple of weeks as its not used now and seems daft leaving it standing there to fall apart and rust? :)

I used to ride a bit of a hooligan tool back in the day,

Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2

I got a Speeding fine way way back 1991 of £150.

Back then £150 was a large bit of dosh. Ooooops :winky:

rd350.jpg

Ahh the smell of Fully Synthetic Two-Stroke Oil :D

Had to pack up bikes after a serious accident in 1993,

had 3 bikes, gsxr 750 streetfighter, bandit 1200, and a zed 9! alas the gixer has gone to a new home in scotland, though a work colleague is tempting me to buy his zx9r........! ;)

have tried to insert pics, but avnt got a clue how to lol

Seems like we've got a nice bunch of bikes on here!!!

This is my old mans new toy!!

P1000796.jpg

P1000797.jpg

If you look closely you can see his other toy in the background of the top pic!!!

He's got a 2007 Aprillia Tuono R and a 2001 Honda VFR800...

Ahmet..........did you find that the insurance jumped up a lot when changing from an R6 to the R1 as i am considering looking into a 2007 model R1 in white and red....mmmmm.......(dribbles a bit) lol......

post-11502-1200584508.jpg ive a 2000 rrx fireblade, but dont get out on it much as im a long distance lorry driver, and when i do get home have to take mrs out in the lex as she won,t go on bak o bike with me :whistling: only 9500mls on the clock,ive only put 2.5k on it since i got it nearly 3yrs ago

Had a old 600 fazer a couple of years ago had to sell because of the lexus and my insurance only being 18. Now ive got a yamaha cygnus x thing 125cc 4 stroke scooter, goes pretty well to be honest and only £6.50 to fil her up :D

In the summer when the bike insurance is up might be looking at a 600 or 1000 if i can afford it

Ahmet..........did you find that the insurance jumped up a lot when changing from an R6 to the R1 as i am considering looking into a 2007 model R1 in white and red....mmmmm.......(dribbles a bit) lol......
£60 difference mate! :whistling:

Bennetts is where I got both my policies from ............... the jump from the R6 to the R1 may only seem small on paper, but it's phonomanel (sp?) in actual riding!!

Do it.......... you know you want to ! lol

This is my old mans new toy!!

If you look closely you can see his other toy in the background of the top pic!!!

He's got a 2007 Aprillia Tuono R and a 2001 Honda VFR800...

I hope you're not suggesting that the mighty Viffer is an old man's bike! Pipe & slippers, here I come. :D

Am i right in thinking those sliders dont look used MR2lad!!! lol....

Very nice bike........I bought my bike on 1,900 miles nov 2006 and its now on 18,500!!! lol.......Im a keep biker.......plus i do about 90miles a day on it to work and back!! =]

yep ur right sliders are like new on pic as id not long got them, kinda scruffed up now but only as im on my knees all the time begging the wife to let me go out on my bike lol :winky: p.s foto was taken before i departed down to knockhill to watch the 2005 bsb championship

Bennetts is where I got both my policies from ............... the jump from the R6 to the R1 may only seem small on paper, but it's phonomanel (sp?) in actual riding!!

try ebikeinsurance.co.uk!

I think I'm the other biker referred to in the cleaning thread...

I've got a 2004 Yamaha R6, same red/black colour scheme as the one in this thread. Apart from a double-bubble screem and some mushrooms, it's completely standard. Mostly cos it's pretty darn ace straight from the crate... :-) Done just under 10k miles on it, 7.5k of which were tours to Casablanca and Krakow a couple of years ago. This year I might take it to Italy I think - somewhere round that direction anyway.

I did briefly look into upgrading to a 1000cc model, but I found the insurance prohibitive which is odd as i've got 6 years no-claims and am 32 years old. Maybe I'll look again this year. On the other hand, I quite fancy a naked bike (keeps the speeds down just a touch), and those Ducati Monster S4-R bikes in pearl white are looking pretty tasty!!!

try ebikeinsurance.co.uk!

Only £60 difference!!!!! Is that all.............I will defininitely look into it then!! I dont understand insurance as when i was looking for a 600 a year and a bit ago i got a quote for a CBR600rr......£900tpft...........same everything quote for the R6............£500...........so i thought sod that and got the R6.

I think i will wait until the end of the year and see about getting the R1 as the new model will be out and will then touch wood have another years NCB to make 3yrs and i'll be 24 so should help on the quote front!

Do you find the R1 as flickable in the corners as i love how manoverable the R6 is but then again if you look at the pic it does look quite a small bike with me on it!!! Doesnt help im over 6ft on a 600!!! lol.....

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links