Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Youth Of Today

Rikos

Hello all,

Over the last few years i'm sure you've all noticed the increase in crime amongst the younger generation. Alot more fighting, stabbing, shootings etc etc and less respect for people of their own age and older.

Whats your view as to why young people are heading this way?

This subject does annoy me as i am only 22 and i still get generalised with the rest of the population as a no good youth and i'm sure this happens to alot of people, but as i've never been in trouble always pay my own way and have worked since i was 12 it fustrates me being put in that group. Dont get me wrong there are alot of young people from 12-18 that are also not in this group and i'm sure they also get fustrated.

Also, when i was 12-18 my friends and i would go out the way into the woods, on our bikes or playing football. Nowadays people group in towns and in public view!

I do believe that smacking your children should be allowed, i dont mean with a fist and until they cant see out of there eyes (I am against child abuse to them extremes) but a back of the hand/leg slap when you do something wrong is a sure fire way of not wanting to do it again. It doesnt hurt and put's a firm boundary on whats right or wrong.

Something drastically needs to be done or you will end up needed security to walk your dog.

Sorry if any comments or statements that i have said offend or upset anyway it was not meant in this way, it is just my personal opinion.

Where i live now there are alot of young people who sit opposite a takeaway on a petrol garage wall even if it's raining! Now to be this cant be enjoyable, i know it's nice to catch up with friends but go indoors :shutit:

Also, just a quick question. When we used to go out and play football, tag, forty forty in and all those we never had a watch or phone to keep time and we'd always have a set time to be in. How the hell did we tell time???? :unsure: It's like voodoo magic or something i'm sure.

An i sound so old :crying:

I think all kids that leave school nowadays should go and do an army course for 6months-1 year when they leave..cant believe what the kids as young as 13-14 get up to like the stabbing`s mugging,vandalisom etc....would not of dare do it when i was young...and was brought up on not the best council estate at the time....and also get what you mean about always being in at the right time even though we didnt have any mobiles watches etc.....i think alot of it is to do with knowing that under 18 years old you can get away with it as the police courts etc are powerless to do anything....but they dont realise that later on in life it would effect there chances in life for the things they done earlier on in there lives..... :crybaby: .

just my opinion...dont mean to sound harsh but things in todays world are getting worse.and yep i sound old !!!. :crying: well getting there 33 in 5 months. :lol:

I know what you mean about the army course but behaviour needs to be tackled from the beginning and avoiding having to challenge it later on in life when it's harder to change.

If trouble makers are at school then maybe some kind of course before they move onto the next stage would be helpful, but like i said you've got to look at the reasons as to why they have become trouble makers.

When I was a boy :rolleyes: : smacking was allowed, a "clip" round the ear by the local polis was known to happen to keep you in line & the "Belt" was still used at schools.....now none of that is permitted & look where we are.

I agree with most of the points there.

I also agree with the national service etc. In Russia i know if you dont go to Uni you have to do national service, and if you drop out of uni you do your national service then.

When i was a lad lol i was in the scouts and RAF cadets and it did me the world of good.

Stav

When i was a kid I knew when i did something wrong because i got a clip round the ear or back of the legs never did me any harm, many is the time i walked around with a hand shaped red mark on my calf!! I hate the term hoodie too I'm 26 have (for now at least) a good job, pay my taxes, work hard but when I wear a Hooded top i get branded as a being a bit dodgy. Sure there are people who do wear hoodies to hide their identity to a certain degree but to me its just a comfy top to throw on........anyway i'm ranting now so i'll shut up or i'll go on for ages

I also agree with the army idea how about 1 year after college then you are don you get a free ride through uni if you choose to go?

The only problem with the army after college is that your trying to straighten out people who are already set in there ways which is very difficult instead of trying to stop them going down the wrong route in the first place.

I trace it back to when they banned corporal punnishment in Schools back at about 1984-5. :sad:

Any lack of respect or discipline in the home back then was counteracted by the presence

of punishment/rules & discipline in Schools.

If you trace the so called yob/youth culture of today, a lot of their parents came from

the era where Teachers couldn't punish you & the do good-er politically correct liberals

said "oh poor little luvies, you can't punish them as it's against their Human Rights." :sick: :o

Too many parents these days couldn't give a monkeys where little 12yr old Johnny is at 2am :tsktsk:

Bring back a new form of compulsory National Service. :yahoo: (rant over)

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant.......

The problem is, kids are not scared by authority anymore. Kids have too many rights and they know it - you can't give them a clip around the ear, spray them with a hosepipe, set the dogs on them - worse set the wife on them and so on. You can't even frog march the little toads back to their houses anymore as you'd just be told to go away in a not so nice way by their parents who know full well what they get up to. The Police can't do anymore than they are doing simply because their hands are tied - they just need to say or do one thing wrong and they're up for assault, sexual assault or whatever the kids and the parents can screw the Police for. Teachers are in an even worse position. My mum is a teacher and, I say this without a hint of a joke, they are not allowed to tell kids off anymore - they must talk to the kids, sit them down, look at the positives and the negatives in what the little toad has done and then draw up an action plan on paper. Sounds simple, say for example the toad has been caught graffiting something. What the teachers have to do now is to talk to the child, find out why they are graffiting and work out how they can put it to better use - which would involve more time in art lessons. I kid you not. I'm 25, and when I was at school I'd have got a clip round the ear and would be absolutley terrified about going home that evening because I knew my parents wouldn't be pleased to say the least.

The answer, take away every right a child has and make them fear authority so much they're nearly too scared to go out.

Rant over - for now!

Nothing like a good old rant!

That is a good point and like i said there is just no respect nowadays. You can also tell how it's change because if your a young person and you hold the door open for an older person they alwasy seem shocked :lol:

I partially agree wozza but i was at school in the nineties and i came out alright

But my point is now we are dealing with the offspring of the first lot to leave school

without Corporal Punishment. Your parents would probably still have learnt respect at School

when they attended.

I think the group of kids you are all talking about are "Chavs" me and my mates used to go down the park still do in the summer for a good old kick around etc. When we got into skateboarding we would go to the quiet end of a car park and skate there and thats only because we didnt have any skate parks to go to.

Chavs are the scum of the world they're like hyena's they're nothing on there own but when in a pack the act like T**Ts all to be the big boss of the group. When I was in school they were really starting to come out of the wood work. Hanging around in town, down the McDonalds and burger kings etc, whats the effing point, because they bunk school so have no homework have no motivation to be anything when older and probably think they'll live of the government for the rest of there life.

The only problem is (and theres a film about it) the stupid chav are breeding breeding breeding where as lots of cleaver people are working hard and concentrating on careers etc so are leaving it later to reproduce. You can see where this is going.

Im all for hitting kids and i will when i have them but as said in previous posts cops cant do anything about it, they get a slap on the wrist and away they go maybe a little fine that tell probably never pay.

cant anyone tell I HATE CHAVs

I agree with Keith, I got a swift clip for doing wrong from as early as I can remember, the thought alone of being in trouble with the police as I grew up kept me out of trouble,

and I echo Ellz sentiments exactly with regards chavs, despite me looking like one, they are to me degenerates, and a law unto themselves, however I would gladly sink to their level if one crosses me, and punch it, and cable tie it to the nearest lamp post for the night, and take pics, and youtube them, make an example of it, I also have the same passionate hatred of these inbreds Ellz, they serve no purpose

I think, out of most of you, that I am the closet to this current generation.

It was my age / generation onwards that began to be complete planks...

First starting out by donning the outfits (Burberry, Rockport, Henry Lloyd etc.). At that time, Chavs and the Chavette began to become more prominent in society however, from this time onwards, their culture has become much more violent.

It started out as a "fad", as with most fashion senses and to be a "Chav" or "Townie" was to dress in the typical wear. However, now with this image comes horrendous crimes which we witness in the news today.

I personally, would have had no problems whatsoever with punishment in school (not pathetic detention) - would've kept some of the d!icks I went to school with in line.

When it comes to youth crime, I too agree that there should be a choice; the first National Service, the second, a Trade (which is monitored). Put these fools to good use and reap something from them that will benefit others.

Oh yeah, on a similar note, I also think Corporal Punishment should be reinstated: Caning, Birch, Belting etc.

With regards to Capital Punishment, Hell bring that back to: Firing Squad, Hanging, Lethal Injection, Electric Chair, Gas Chamber.

I cannot believe that the United Kingdom does not operate these. It's pathetic considering some of the horrendous crimes that people of all ages, including this Topc's subject; Youths.

Jamie

I think, out of most of you, that I am the closet to this current generation.

It was my age / generation onwards that began to be complete planks...

First starting out by donning the outfits (Burberry, Rockport, Henry Lloyd etc.). At that time, Chavs and the Chavette began to become more prominent in society however, from this time onwards, their culture has become much more violent.

It started out as a "fad", as with most fashion senses and to be a "Chav" or "Townie" was to dress in the typical wear. However, now with this image comes horrendous crimes which we witness in the news today.

I personally, would have had no problems whatsoever with punishment in school (not pathetic detention) - would've kept some of the d!icks I went to school with in line.

When it comes to youth crime, I too agree that there should be a choice; the first National Service, the second, a Trade (which is monitored). Put these fools to good use and reap something from them that will benefit others.

Oh yeah, on a similar note, I also think Corporal Punishment should be reinstated: Caning, Birch, Belting etc.

With regards to Capital Punishment, Hell bring that back to: Firing Squad, Hanging, Lethal Injection, Electric Chair, Gas Chamber.

I cannot believe that the United Kingdom does not operate these. It's pathetic considering some of the horrendous crimes that people of all ages, including this Topc's subject; Youths.

Jamie

I was just out of the 'chav' generation - when I was a teenager you were one of three, a swot (speaks for itself), a greebo (long black hair, black clothes, likes Green Day and Marylin Manson) or a trendy (wore Rockports, Timberlands and Henri Lloyd). The huge majority of youths were one of these in my town. For the record I was a swot with a little bit of greebo!!!

Chavs are more of a post-millenium invention and have gradually, well, rapidly gone from workshy dole-scroungers to whatever the hell devil creation they are these days.

I don't agree with Jamie on bringing back punishment in school - yes it worked at the time but this is the 21st century, it wouldn't work anymore, but I do agree that capital punishment is a good idea - but only as a last resort or if the crime was of a serious nature (murder etc.). Hanging is a good old British institution so I'd be happy to go with that. More than that though, it needs to be backed up with firm policing. If someone (and I'm not just referring to chavs) is caught doing something illegal, instant 30-day detention with only very basic creature comforts - no courts, no bail - Police car, cells. When they're released, they are forced to take up whatever employment they're offered. Yes I know it's not a practical use of time and resources, but it might just make the little weasels think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links