Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Air Filters...stick With Oem One ?

dazz32

my air filter on my is200 is well.... a bit dirty..( drop in filter )..would there be any benefit on getting a toms one ( from prolex ) or stick to the OEM one? would it make the car breath any better or just a waste of money? if i did get one would it be an idea to reset the ECU after?

in the future would maybe get an induction kit ..re map...new piggy back ecu..etc

just looking for an answer to the OEM filter at the mo.

cheers.

( i do have a HKS silent hi-power exhaust fitted )

Hi stav..

really..? didnt know that.. :D

Do you happen to know if the TOM`S one on the prolex website ( appart from asking dave ) is covered in oil? i have heard that the oil can sometimes mess about with the MAF sensor?

Would it be an idea to reset the ECU after if i got one/

Hi stav..

really..? didnt know that.. :D

Do you happen to know if the TOM`S one on the prolex website ( appart from asking dave ) is covered in oil? i have heard that the oil can sometimes mess about with the MAF sensor?

Would it be an idea to reset the ECU after if i got one/

Had an Apexi induction kit on mine and have since changed to Drop in Apexi panel filter and its a lot better. Not sure if its cover in oil cant see this affecting the sensor. i think unless its the induction kit is mapped properly you won't see the full benefit of it and might actually lose torque, well mine was!

I've got a K&N Panel Filter on mine.

The K&N and similar type filters have a special oil on them which helps to extract more dirt from the air

making the filter work better (or so I understand it). They are washable when dirty over time then

you re-oil them and then they are ready for use all over again.

The K&N and similar type filters have a special oil on them which helps to extract more dirt from the air

making the filter work better (or so I understand it). They are washable when dirty over time then

Ok cheers for that Wozza....do you mean wash them as in stick it in the washing mashine? or do you have to be carfull with how and what you use to wash it with .then re-oil.

You get an instruction leaflet in the box.

Not sure if you use Ariel or Daz with the blue whitener :lol:

I've never had one on a car long enough before for it to need cleaning,

so never read the leaflet :winky:

:lol: i surpose what smell you want as well...let me see.... :lol:

TOM's is a foam one.

Best to change them every 10k miles (less if dusty)

Ok cheers for that dave...

is it better than the OEM one..? standard ones cotton? will prob get TOM`S one..do you have them in stock?

Hello Cheeky :P

Iv got same as Wozza :whistling:

Hiya 2D :P

cheeky me never.. :lol:

Me too

• 2 weeks later...

hi there boys, i'm new here, and also im intresting change a air filter on my is200, and have a question, are K&N panel filter give any noice? and maybe some BHP? or its get working absolutly the same like with original is200 air filer?

many thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links