Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Upgraded Is200 S

shak

Alright everyone, been quite busy in the last 3-4 weeks upgrading my IS, I was going to sell it and was choosing between a Jag, BMW or IS200 SE, But after a couple of months searching for a car I couldn't find any thing that I really liked so I decided to keep mine and spend some money upgrading it. I've managed to get every thing I wanted to do on it. Its had new Wheels (thanks to DJ Wozza), Half Leather Seats with grey piping, electric and heated all fully functioning (in almost new condition!!!), Lowered all round, New door cards and new parcel shelf!! and allot of man hours from me doing the upgrade. All cost £600 in total which I think is a bargain!!!, I'm very pleased with it and I'm really happy I didn't sell it!!!!!!!!! I've put some before and after pics to compare

Before

pb200043aa2.jpg

pb200045yn4.jpg

After

p1070051la2.jpg

p1070052pd5.jpg

p1070053ql1.jpg

p1070056od6.jpg

p1070057mb2.jpg

p1070058cq4.jpg

p1070058cb6.jpg

p1070054eu0.jpg

Shak

looking good..... just a q, why did u change the parcel shelf? also i notice on the drivers side mat u appear to have a central mat clip - is that standard?? i have only seen the ones on the side.

Alright mate,

I changed the parcel shelf because the S model only has plain black speaker cover which sits quite flat on the parcel shelf, the new shelf has a raised section on it with lexus written on the back of the speaker covers.

The Central mat clip isn't standard, I put it on my self because my mat use to creep up, use to really annoy me, I got the clip from Nissan and a I cut a circular hole in the mat so the I could fit the clip in. The mat doesn't move now!!!.

Shak

i have same prob with my mats slipping. tried all can think of. a top idea ya had! is the nissan part 2 pieces? like one for the carpet and one for the mat. any part numbers for these?

Yeh mate it comes in two pieces, don't have a part number but I just walked into Nissan and explained what I needed, I use to have a Nissan Primera and the mats had the same centre clip, so I just told them what car it was for. (nissan Primera 1998 model)

shak

£600 is a bargain m8 nice work... Those old wheels also offended my eyes they look bad, nice to see the new ones on ;)

Yeh pleased with the money I spent, the old wheels did look awful and they were corroding quite badly too!!!!

ok buddy ta. will get on to that soon.

very soon as have had a rather worrying mat to accelerator experience recently and have taken it out for time being.

ya cars looking a lot nicer btw! just goes to show what an "S" can look like with a bit of effort! well done matey.

Hi Shak,

glad it's all coming together matey.

Wow those wheels look nice & shiny :lol:

I hope you have the rotations all correct for those Tyres ?

have had a rather worrying mat to accelerator experience recently

I had a similar experience in my Supercharged IS200, but with the Auto it just changes up and

keeps on accellerating (60mph approx through a 7' width limit hanging on for dear life).

Looks much better. May i know where you get your boot sopiler from? It looks very nice on the car.

The spoiler is a TTE lip spoiler, purchased from eBay, not seen any tte ones recently but there are other spoilers available which look the same.

shak

Looking good matey the wheels do look a lot better than the 16" so whats next on your list? :whistling:

Thats a good question, not sure what I want to do on it next, don't wanna go OTT on it and spoil it, but I am think of putting some ambient lighting in the foot wells when the doors are opened nothing to bright!!!, other then that, not allot I can think of unless you guys have some good Ideas???!.

Big improvement mate. Nice job. B)

Odd how it goes, I'd never seen an IS with the wheels you had before, then today I see a dark blue one at the traffic lights in Derby with them on :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links