Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Long Folks

sad to say :crybaby: , but i can no longer afford to drive my IS 200 and it has to go on Monday! bye bye baby, hello Peugeot 407 diesel!!!! at least it has full house (till the electrics go i'm sure!) and the running costs are a fraction of the lexus's. it's a matter of wallet over heart unfortunately :msn-cry: but what really hurts is i had all four alloys refurbed in January!

it's been swell being part of this great community, and thanks all of you who i met at the meets.

So Long

Bet you anything you like the FAT B******ds still keep their huge jags and range rovers and use our tax money to pay for them!!! Gordon Brown should be forced to squeeze his lard A** into a PRIUS!!!!!!!

me? Bitter? Noooooooooooo...

Gordon Brown in a Prius, 2-Jags Prescott in a G-Whizz? Haha!

Like it or not though, number 10's plan is working - people are downsizing and becoming more aware of costs/environmental impact.

i disagree, people are becoming aware of costs, the vast majority have little or no thoughts of the enviroment !

Sorry to hear another IS has become a victim of number 10. I'm sure you won't be the last one to jump ship. Good luck with the 407 - they're very nice cars.

Keith

Keith...... its French :duh:

Some French things are nice. Paris, wine, croissants...

Gutted for ya mate.

I cant afford mine either, but i just keep finding the money for somewhere - got a feeling this global credit cruch thnig is partially my fault!

I sneek under the wire with my early 2001 like Stav thou. Lucky!

Gordon Brown in a Prius, 2-Jags Prescott in a G-Whizz? Haha!

Like it or not though, number 10's plan is working - people are downsizing and becoming more aware of costs/environmental impact.

Can't see that as someone is going to be buying the cars being sold because of this theft by the government.Also I think pre 2001 cars may be kept for longer and will also be purchased by many of the people "downsizing".So the older cars which probably pollute more will be no less in evidence on our roads and new highly taxed cars will not see a slowdown in sales.It shows that these taxes are absolutely nothing to do with the environmental issues but just a sneaky way to try to make the books balance slightly better.

sad to say :crybaby: , but i can no longer afford to drive my IS 200 and it has to go on Monday! bye bye baby, hello Peugeot 407 diesel!!!! at least it has full house (till the electrics go i'm sure!) and the running costs are a fraction of the lexus's. it's a matter of wallet over heart unfortunately :msn-cry: but what really hurts is i had all four alloys refurbed in January!

it's been swell being part of this great community, and thanks all of you who i met at the meets.

So Long

can't u just get an older one? theres got to be a few 2000/early 2001 IS200's that have been looked after enough for you to stay with Lex

So Long

can't u just get an older one? theres got to be a few 2000/early 2001 IS200's that have been looked after enough for you to stay with Lex

i think its about fuel costs aswell as tax

will be changing mine this year too i'm not paying 400+ for road tax and fed up with 23 miles per gallon at current fuel prices and it will only get worse.

would love to buy another lexus but the choices are very few

is250 another £400+ and 30ish mpg

is220 cheaper tax but not comparable mpg with other makes not that i would but could buy a 3 litre diesel bmw and pay less tax and get better mpg

don't know what to buy come on lexus catch up with the competition.

Now , this might sound stupid, but hey , im used to it . why are you paying 400 notes and above on your car tax, when im only paying .... (runs outside and looks) £180.00 on my gs300?

surly the is200 is better than a big ol tank of the gs300?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links